Gen 1 hybrid rmt

Here is a Hybrid team I have been using on NB with decent success. I was wondering if the minds at smogon could give me some improvements.

Alakazam
- Psychic
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Golem
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Slide

Starmie
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Victreebel
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Wrap

Cloyster
- Blizzard
- Clamp
- Explosion
- Hyper Beam

Charizard
- Earthquake
- Fire Spin
- Flamethrower
- Slash

I will probably change out flamethrower for Fire Blast as I can see many different occasions where the extra power and burn chance would be more useful than accuracy. I kind of want to run Zard over Moltres because its a faster, slash is my favorite move, and earthquake gives it better type coverage, I am fully aware that Moltres deals more pure DPS than Zard can hope to.

nice wrap team.

i like the movepools on all of your pokemon for the most part. reflect on alakazam could be useful and blizzard on starmie i find to be very effective.

u need to be very careful using this team though, wrap teams miss an awful lot so i hope luck is on ur side.

on a different note your team is severely weak to zapdos with the exception of golem. so u better protect your golem or you will be swept pretty easily. some common sleep leads like gengar and jynx seem to be really strong against you as well so be careful. im assuming you are leading with alakazam which could be a deterrent to either of those leads.

again nice team and good luck

it's also got a Starmie weakness too,

But it looks standard too me. Maybe Dragonite over Charizard, but if you like it's moveset, you can keep it.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Despite the gaping holes that Wrappers inevitably brings, I am impressed that your line up is capable of dealing with most standard sets. Cloyster is a great option as a Wrapper that provides bulk against physical assaults. Your team demands much out of Alakazam to cover their boltbeam weakness, however. Good thing that Zam fares well against Starmie and Chansey.

Charizard may have Slash, Earthquake, and initial speed, but note that Moltres' colossal Special allows its Fire Blast to hurt as much as Charizard's SE Earthquake on Golem and Rhydon, and more importantly, it possesses Agility to chance an all-out sweep that Charizard could never offer. I admit that Slash gives Charizard an edge over Moltres' Double-Edge and Hyper Beam in terms of either damage output or reliability, however. I guess it depends on your battling style. If you prefer a hit-and-run guerella fighter, then Charizard fits the role nicely, but it would require racking more damage and paralysis before Charizard can truly take effect; if you are a risk-taker who wants a chance at an all-out sweep, then Moltres can provide that opportunity or miss its target and crash land. If you stick with Charizard, then Fire Blast > Flamethrower for packing the maximum punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)