XY OU Hyper Offense is Cute

With the recent banning of Aegislash from OU (one I do not agree with), I have now had to adapt from Stall/Balance to Hyper Offense, something I am not happy about, but I am gonna have to make work. I spent a decent amount of time putting this team together and compared to my past success using Hyper Offense, this one has to be the best I have come up with so far. Thoughts on ways I can improve the team are greatly appreciated, as I am not to experienced with this play style.

The Team at a Glance

A Closer Look

->

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Mega Gardevoir is one of the main threats that have come to rise in the new OU metagame, and I have decided I want to take full advantage of it. With a Modest nature, it hits a staggering 417 Special Attack stat, which makes switch-ins very minimal. Thunderbolt hits Pokemon like Skarmory, Focus Blast hits Heatran and the other two moves provide your main STABs. Hyper Voice is preferred as it beats Substitute. Once this Pokemon comes in, it is usually netting you a KO or two before either being killed, or forced to switch out.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Next up was a Scarfer. I wanted something that could come in and threaten the lives of Mega Gardevoir and Mega Heracross, and even Mega Medicham to an extent. Hidden Power Ice hits Landorus-T pretty hard, leaving it with nothing else to do besides get up Stealth Rocks. Lava Plume and Flash Cannon provide two very reliable STAB moves, Flash Cannon being a good way to hurt Gardevoir with previous damage, doing 73.3 - 86.3% if it has no investment or boosts. Earth Power does 75.8 - 89.2% to Mega Charizard X, make this a good way to revenge kill it as well.

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Bisharp is always a very reliable Pokemon to have as its pure strength makes it very good at punching holes in teams and allowing for late game sweeps. This is a very standard set, nothing too abnormal. Knock Off and Sucker Punch being very good STAB moves along with Iron Head, and Low Kick for Ferrothorn and Tyranitar.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

I needed priority on this team, so I decided to go with Choice Band Dragonite. ExtremeSpeed allows me to revenge kill Thundurus without getting paralyzed. Earthquake allows me to revenge Heatran, Outrage allows me to clean up late game and Fire Punch kills Ferrothorn.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Extrasensory
- Scald
- Ice Beam

I was originally considering using regular Life Orb Greninja on this team, but decided to go with the less common Spikes version. With Spikes, I am able to get damage on incoming Pokemon which turns a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. The moveset is also pretty standard, Extrasensory for coverage to take minimal damage from incoming Pokemon who want to Mach Punch and Mega Venusaur, Scald for burns and Ice Beam to hit the Genies.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain

This is an interesting set. I use a lot of Special Attackers and I wanted something that was able to help facilitate my sweeps. If you bring this in correctly, you can usually catch your opponent off guard with this set and get up to +2, and then proceed to Baton Pass into Heatran, Greninja and Mega Gardevoir, which is your preferred option. Giga Drain is run to have this Pokemon double as a way to deal with Rotom-Wash very effectively.

---

Overall, I think the time has proved to be very good, though there are most likely a lot of improvements that could be made. If you want to see replays, I can provide them when I get home tomorrow.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Extrasensory
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)