1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Hyper offense ru

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Schafferson, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Schafferson

Schafferson

Hello, thanks for checking out my team. This is my first RMT and I am new to competitive pokemon in general. Anyway, I enjoy play in the RU tier because I think it is a fun tier that a lot of interesting pokemon can shine in. I decided to make a hyper offensive team using dual screens because I thought it would be a fun playstyle that I don't see too often. The team is based on the idea of using all physical or all special attackers for the whole team so that if one member can cripple an opposing wall, the rest of the team will have an easier time sweeping. I have made improvements to the team chaning Kabutops for Hitmonlee and Sawsbuck for Durant, and have currently climbed to #62 on PO. I think Quagsire will wreck my team now, but I haven't seen it in a while. Without further ado, here is the team:

Quick Glance: dual screens Uxie, unburden Hitmonlee, hone claws Durant, shift gear Klinklang, bulk up Tornadus, swords dance Gallade

[​IMG]
    Uxie @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Stealth Rock

Uxie is here because I wanted a dual screener on the team and Uxie is probaly the best in the tier. It is fast and bulky so it has no trouble setting up screens, even multiple times. It can also give stealth rock support which is obviously important. I have experimented with both memento and u-turn in the last slot. I generally lead with Uxie, but it can easily be set up against, so i often lead with one of my sweepers and bring screens in later on in the battle.

[​IMG]
    Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    -Fake Out
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Hi Jump Kick

I decided to switch Kabutops for Hitmonlee after New Breed's suggestion to add Hitmonlee to the team. The team was originally meant to have five boosting sweepers, but Hitmonlee fills an important hole by being immediately fast and it is still strong enough to sweep through weakened teams. I chose to replace Kabutops because this team was built around Gallade, and I felt that Kabutops and Sawsbuck provided the least synergy with Gallade. Hitmonlee with unburden is the best late game cleaner I have, and provides a needed source of immense speed. I chose fake out to activate unburden after testing with mach punch, but found that getting the free unburden up and a good bit of damage was more valuable. It works well with gallade as they share the same counters.

[​IMG]
    Durant (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Hustle
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    -Hone Claws
    -Iron Head
    -X-Scissor
    -Superpower

Hitmonlee was an improvement to my team, but I needed something patch up the team in place of Sawsbuck. I chose Durant for its ability to deal with psychic types such as Uxie which gave my team trouble. Durant with hustle after one hone claws boost is amazing. It can ohko just about anything between its two stabs and superpower, and it is seriously fast. It has done me so well and I've enjoyed using it greatly. Durant is something I definitely want to keep in my team, so if I make any improvements they will be changes that synergize with Durant.

[​IMG]
    Klinklang @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
    - Shift Gear
    - Gear Grind
    - Substitute
    - Return

Klinklang is a strong sweeper with an amazing boosting move in shift gear. It can set up behind a sub on something it resists and then proceed to destroy the opponents team. Its speed and power after a boost make it an asset to the team. Having a steel type on the team is helpful, and it can boost not only its attack but also sharply raise its speed. This allows it to deal with faster threats that would be a concern for my swords dancing sweepers.

[​IMG]
    Tornadus (M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Brick Break
    - Substitute
    - Bulk Up
    - Acrobatics

Tornadus is in the ru tier on PO so I have it in my team. Hopefully that's not a problem. Anyway Tornadus makes a really strong bulk up sweeper. Prankster subsitutes and bulk ups are very helpful. Acrobatics and brick break make for amazing coverage, and its very high natural speed and attack allow it to do a lot of damage.

[​IMG]
    Gallade (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Close Combat
    - Shadow Sneak

From the start I knew would I would include Gallade in my team. It is known to be one of the best sweepers in the tier and is insanely powerful after a swords dance. I chose to use the most offensive variant of Gallade so I could get the most immediate power. It gets good coverage with its two stabs and shadow sneak for priority. The lum berry is nice because most people will try to status gallade as it sets up, so it can be a nasty surprise. Its decent special defense doesn't hurt either.

Conclusion
    So that is my ru hyper offensive dual screen team. I know it has many weaknesses and pokemon that it really can't deal with, so if you point out a weakness please include a suggestion. I have done pretty well with the team despite its weaknesses. Any suggestions are appreciated. Also, other pokes that I have messed around with on this team are hone claws durant, SD sceptile, SD scolipede, SD bouffalant, rock polish Aggron, SD absol, DD crawdaunt, DD and SD feraligatr, and SD Bisharp.
    I became interested in making a team like this after reading this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?541205-All-about-Hyper-Offense-5th-Gen&
  2. PTJon7

PTJon7

Interesting team, pretty high risk high reward kind of stuff. My only critique about your general strategy is that you only have physical sweepers. I'd say the best special sweeper you could go with would be Shell Smash Omastar, which has swept my entire teams multiple times while behind screens.
  3. Schafferson

Schafferson

Well my goal was to make a team with all physical attackers based on what I have read about hyper offense. Not sure how viable a team of that nature is but it was what I wanted to try. I may try adding special sweepers at some point, but it goes against the idea of the team.
  4. New Breed

New Breed

Hi there this is indeed a pretty cool team you have here but I think I might be able to help you improve on it.

I would like to suggest that you replace Tornadus with Hitmonlee, Hitmonlee would be a great cleaner for your team as with the ability unburden its speed is doubled when he loses the item he is equipped with. Hitmonlee can provide some real speed which your team is in desperate need of and is what HO really likes. Anyway Hitmonlee will provide you with as nice offensive core with Gallade, allowing you to potentially weaken the similar checks they both share. You can use Gallade early to mid game to weaken the Fighting type counters your opponent may have, opening the way for Hitmonlee to sweep late game. Here is the set:

Show Hide
    Hitmonlee (M) @ Fighting Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Mach Punch

So once you use either Hi Jump Kick or Mach Punch the Fighting Gem will activate, powering up your Fighting type move for that turn while also doubling your speed as you lose the item, allowing you to outspeed everything and potentially sweep.

Anyway I hope I helped, gl with the team :)
  5. Schafferson

Schafferson

Thanks for the reply.
    I have used unburden Hitmonlee in the past it is definitely amazing. I agree it would go well on this team because as you said speed is an issue. I'll try it out for sure. The only reason I would have for not using it is that it doesnt have the power to sweep an entire team, but considering that he would come in late game he would have no problem taking out weakened things.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)