RMT Hyper Offense Team

As the title might suggest, I built this team around hyper offense, simply because I don't like stall, and since I'm not the greatest battler I like to just try to hit hard and fast. This team got me the highest on any ladder I've ever gotten (peaked at 1331 :/ )

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Explosion

This is my suicide lead. His job is to lay down Stealth Rock, and generally promptly blow up. Knock Off is there to inflict damage if the opportunity presents itself; Fire Punch is to hit Steel types that are more susceptible to it i.e. Ferrothorn.

Cawmodore @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Bullet Punch
- Drain Punch

Every team ought to have Cawmodore, right? Obviously, this thing's job to set up and sweep and occasionally deal with the annoying Crucibelle or Stratagem or the like w/o setting up. And of course, Cawm can be useful when the other team lacks any sort of check.

Aurumoth @ Wise Glasses
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

The team's Special set-up sweeper. I put it on here because there is, of course, absolutely no risk in using it and it has saved my rear end on more than one occasion. It deals with numerous threats the rest of the team can have difficulty with including (under certain circumstances) Tomohawk or Plasmanta.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Mega Manectric is the team's... er, well, sort of a Wallbreaker. Intimidate can come in handy with hit survival, and it can deal with Volkraken and Tomohawk and certain Krilowatt, checks Cawmodore. It can also deal severe damage with Overheat if necessary.

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

The team's... physical... Wallbreaker/Priority user/Tanky "Sweeper". I sacrificed Speed for bulk obviously. Also functions as a Pursuit trapper, although it's pulled that off exactly twice so far. Capable of handling certain threats.

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Power Gem
- U-turn

My other Cawm check. I did a Quiet Nature to try to hit "hard" with U-turn, although whether I went Modest probably didn't matter the extra EVs going into Speed. Those Speed EVs, combined with Scarf boost, are the absolute minimum needed to outspeed Cawm.

--------------------
Problems for my team
*Bulky Pokemon* - ugh. When Pokemon my team can't hit for heavy damage start showing up, it really sucks the fun out of the party. And since my team doesn't switch particularly well due to lack of bulk, things can start going south fast. A lot of bulky Pokemon can also become a problem if certain Pokemon on my side have gone down, i.e. Cyclohm when Aurumoth can't set up and KO it with Ice Beam.

*Set-up sweepers* - Some of my Pokemon can be turned into setup bait for at least a turn - which can be all some Pokemon need to wreck at least a significant portion of my team.

*Unaware Quagsire running Amnesia* - this seems a tad niche, but if it gets ONE Amnesia off, my team literally cannot beat it without critting.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Hey nice team man!

Alright here a few changes I recommend that you make :)

1. Aurumoth doesn't take advantage of No Guard with this set, and Illusion is generally better anyways. Also, Wise Glasses provides so little of a boost its not even worth using. I suggest you change the set to either Tail Glow or Quiver Dance, depending on your preference. Tail Glow gives you the wallbreaker your team wants, while Quiver Dance gives you the extra speed if that's what you want.

Tail Glow:

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Psyshock
- Overheat / Surf

Overheat hits Steel-types other than Heatran, while Hydro Pump hits Heatran and other Ground-types. Looking at your team, you could go either way, so it's up to you. You could use HP Fire, but everyone seems to hate me for saying that, so just go for Overheat. The Speed EVs let it outpace Offensive Tomohawk, so don't overestimate its speed.

Quiver Dance:

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psyshock
- Overheat / Hydro Pump

The moves are similar, although I recommend not using HP Fire (no please god no) or Surf, as Quiver Dance appreciates the extra power. I recommend the Tail Glow set over the Quiver Dance set, but I wanted to show you a better Quiver Dance set. Next!

2. Your Volkraken set is kinda weird. First over, U-turn isn't hitting anything that hard anyways, so I'd run 252 Spe EVs and a Timid Nature to outspeed even +1 Aurumoth. Second, run Analytic. Analytic may sound really weird to run on such a fast mon, but Volkraken will move second when the opponent switches out, so you get the Analytic boost on the switch.

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Power Gem

3. Your Colossoil set needs a few changes. First, HP investment is generally bad on Colossoil; it appreciates all the EVs in Special Defense. Also, Fake Out is a really bad choice for AV Colossoil, so I recommend that you run Rapid Spin over it, since hazard removal is always nice. Additionally, since Pursuit hasn't been working out for you, you should run Knock Off, which removes foes' items and hits harder. Addtionally, Rebound is good on faster teams, as it can bounce back some hazards as well. However, Guts still remains a great option.

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch

4. Azelf is a subpar choice in CAP, as is any suicide lead, due to the prevalence of hazard removal everywhere. You'll set up your rocks and then they'll get spun away; then you're down a mon. I recommend that you run Tomohawk in this case, as it also acts as a Colossoil counter. It will be a bit of a momentum drain, but I think this change will be for the better without compounding too many weaknesses on the team.

Tomohawk @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Roost / Healing Wish

This set is a bit unorthodox, but let me explain. Hurricane and Earth Power have great neutral coverage together, pretty much only missing out on Rotom-W and Skarmory. Stealth Rock lets it take over Azelf's role, only better. Prankster Roost allows it to heal off any damage it has taken, while Healing Wish can give a weakened teammate a second chance at sweeping. It also puts the momentum back in your favor.

5. Mega Manectric generally appreciates Hidden Power Ice to hit Tank Chomp and the rarer Landorus-T and Gliscor, but HP Grass is a good option as well.

I hope I helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)