XY OU Hyper offensive peaked at 1400

Hello all I wanted to make a team that for one is fun, out side the norm a bit, but still good so with out further ado

victini.gif
HaruhiandMiruku.gif

Haruhi (Victini) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Glaciate
My main lead. and one of the biggest issues of the team, I love to start a game and glaciate a Garchomp lead into oblivion or blue flare Skarm/Excadrill. but at the same time I dont put out any hazards for my self. Blue flare for it insane power with added ACC thanks to victory star and glaciate to slow down pokes faster and dragons. Pyschic and tbolt are there for coverage. Expert belt because it seams to last much longer then LO and yet not to much damage loss.
excadrill.gif
spike.jpg

Spike (Excadrill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Excadrill is the glue of the team and just over all amazing even without sand. he is here to keep hazards away, hit hard, for key resistances, and to mess fairy's up/eq rotom washes that think they're untouchable, though im not sure about his current ev setup,his survive ability seems to be quite high with assault vest helping take more hits

garchomp.gif
download.jpg

Dragneel (Garchomp) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

This is the most normal poke on the team. Garchomp is just to good to pass up, I like the choice band variant because unlike most sweepers on my team it doesn't need any set up. Outrage and eq as the bread and butter, and stone edge and fire fang for coverage. pairs really well with with exctadrill with taking out fairys/steel that resist outrage. Choice band for no setup to hit hard.

beedrill-mega.gif
92534753c96bf7da5cc7b0825307ce7a.jpg

levi (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect
- Knock Off

Cold Calm and collected, mega beedrill blessed with offensive stats and ability, only to have the worst typing ever, but he is here because he puts out good offensive pressure, pretty much my only azumarill counter, also to help take out any fairy's excadrill cant, knock off is also useful for pokes that are dependent of their item.​

feraligatr.gif
4539731-6698939314-aluca.jpg

Alucard (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Where do I even begin with this guy, sheer force Gatr is insane, no life orb recoil, plus STAB, plus sheer force, after one DD he is niegh unstoppable
I seriously believe every OU team should have at least one UU poke as most things in OU are not geared to stop them, this guy hits like a truck with his well covering moves and has some decent bulk as well. Waterfall as stab, Crunch and ice punch for coverage.

talonflame.gif
Roy_Mustang.gif

Mustang (Talonflame) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Talonflame is stupid good, the late game sweeper and revenge killer, While I understand the pros of brave bird it just doesn't last beyond two pokes, thus my set, I have never seen anyone else use talonflame like this, sitrus berry is there for rocks if they are still up and activating acrobatics, after that its swords dance and GG, flare blitz for coverage and to help activate sitrus berry, and u-turn for offensive pressure. I chose adamant because its not often i wont be using acro, which causes problems against other talonflames

Please be gentle its my first RMT

and yes I named my pokes after my favorite anime characters :)

Last edited:
I do like the idea of special Ebelt Victini, cause it catches off guard so I'll leave that.

Run a tank Garchomp variant over Choice Band cause it's a more solid physical check to anything in general over Having an offensive set.

The reason why no one would even run your Talonflame set is because how unviable it currently is. You should have a dedicated stall breaker set over what it has right now to stop most stall teams.

Yo. Your team isn't bad, but I don't quite think it's all the way there quite yet.
Firstly, you have no hazards. Hazards are pretty important for any team to help wear opposing teams down to make it easier to clean up, your team would love that kind of support. Ergo, Banded Chomp is not what this team needs, lead chomp is. Or rather, I think offensive lead Landorus-T is what this team needs to help more with Sand Rush cores who could potentially decimate you if Gatr's suffered some wear. Also, Lando fits well with the next suggestion I'm gonna make as well as hits like a train.
Next, if you're running Beedrill simply for the sake of running an Azu check, you shouldn't be running Beedrill. Beedrill has a much more cookie-cutter HO formula which this team does not follow, and with its bulk comparable to wet toilet paper it really won't appreciate an Aqua Jet from an Azu. On the topic of Azu though, you really don't have much for fat Waters at all bar a lure Victini, as such I think Mega Manectric could fit better. That thing can handle fat Waters and it superb coverage and Intimidate make it quite a bane for opposing offence. The double Intimidate Volt-Turn core with Lando-T is also a great plus to help keep ahead of your opponent to keep good match-ups and even help generate an easier opportunity to set up.
Your Victini set isn't bad, but I think you could be better off running a more standard Scarf set. Opposing anti-offence mons like Mega Lop, Mega Scept, Mega Aero and such can be a boon for this team. A good way to keep them in line and revenge them when they're being annoying is one your team would appreciate; ergo, Scarf-Tini I think would fit the bill better than your current set.
Exca out of Sand... Defensive Exca on hyper offence... Yeah, maybe it's just me but it doesn't really compute with me. Having Garchomp/Lando-T you already have a decent Ground spammer. He's a decent Fairy check I will say, though he still won't appreciate taking a Mega Diancie Earth Power or a Mega Garde Focus Blast. Another thing I noticed is that Keldeo can have a fun time against you too. Particularly Scarfed. As such, I think you could do with a Lati over Exca. Draco nukes can help break walls a lot easier to make cleaning up less of a hassle, checks Keldeo nicely, and offers you hazard removal support.
Your Talonflame set is also somewhat sub-par. Recoil fear isn't really a good reason to waste your item slot and your best STAB attack. If you're gonna run SD Talonflame then go all-out and run Sharp Beak Brave Bird spam and Roost over U-Turn for sustainability. A revised EV spread would also work to give you a little more free HP so the recoil won't be too much of a bother, 168 to outspeed max speed Raikou should be enough, though this would mean you fall short of Weavile so you might risk the potential Ice Shard revenge so that's more of a 50/50 option. These spreads also work through Jolly nature btw. Don't run Adamant, you get out-prioratised and generally fall short of outspeeding too much without Jolly.
Hope this helped, man. Good luck :]

Oh, one last thing. Gatr isn't quite red enough for Alucard. He'd make a sick Walter imo. ;]

Gotou (Landorus-Therian) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gilgamesh (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Senketsu Shippu (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Mustang (Talonflame) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Haruhi (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Last edited:
thank you der twist and majore mawile, I think both of you are right with lead garchomp I needed hazards,and I will give your guys sets a test and see what I like, but I do think you're on the right track with lando t idk why i never thought to use him.
And ya I know Gatr isnt red enough haha, but he is still a badass like alucard, though walter is a damn good fit haha :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)