I’m An Idiot – A Dallas VGC Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually, I have that same problem right now. I offered to pay my own way there, even as a poor highschool student. The problem is that my whole family would want to go, and my dad can't get the days off of work to come (and he has to. He works for Air Canada and that more than halves the flight and hotel costs).

Theoretically I could get there and back with hotel included for about $400, but I just don't know if that's possible right now.

The only reason I can't go with someone is my mother. My dad doesn't care, but mum... and I also live in Canada, so no driving. Chinese_dood was having trouble with costs as well, and won't be going. ):

I basically won't know if I'm going until the day before.
As much as I would like to go, it is just too expensive. My total comes out to be about $600 and thats if I drive, more for flying. I am having trouble justifying spending that much to have a chance to qualify. I would love to hang out with all the smogoners though. I am also expecting $1000 from my graddad for graduation so I am able to afford it, I just need a big reason. Also if I can find someone to carpool or possibly room with, cutting the cost can help justify. I doubt my parents will let me drive or room with someone I met on the internet though, so the chances of that look slim since I am the only competitive battler I personally know besides my friend I talked into coming and lost in the first round. We will see. If I can convince my parents to let me carpool with someone on here, then I will let people know.
well to add more poop to this parade of "cant go people", i officially found out today that i cant go.......so now you guys have to go for sure and i feel so bad for the guy i beat to get an invitation to nationals, to think i took an opportunity from someone else and now i wont even cash it in. dang this sucks horse shit

Sucks that you cant make it to LCQ, but I have a solution to make up for the fact that I am probably done for the season. To make up for the fact that I did not place fbecause of a hacker and might not be able to go to the LCQ, I am planning on lending out my team for the next couple of regionals, this way my pokemon can still place lol. Everyone on here will already know the team, but it is still hard to beat, if anyone is interested, just let me know =)

You lost to grey? I beat played him after the tournament. I beat him either 3-0 or 4-0. Like I said, my team counters most common team, especially explosion teams. I avenged you lol!
Haha thanks, i wish i wouldnt have settled for a hasty Zapdod, it had 31 ivs in speed and was 328 at Lv.100 so i said what the heck and got him, to bad, i could have survived his double explosion
. BTW out of curiosity how old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)