I am a big bucket of mafia fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been playing Mafia on the IRC channel, but how/where do I get started in this one on the forums? There may be a thread somewhere, but I could not find it.... so sorry if I sound even more of a noob than I am

When you see a thread with [sign-ups] in the title, post your priority in there (p#, number depends on how many games you are in currently. 1 if in none, 2 if in one, etc). When the sign ups close, if you get in, you are sent your PM, a new thread is posted where the game is played, etc. If you don't get in, try again. There are always a bunch of people who don't get in, and the list is randomised anyways (except reserved spots, which are kinda... reserved. If you want one of these, get yourself friends who like to make games).

Look for beginner games/standard games WITHOUT experimental stuff (important!) if you aren't that experienced; you'll just get confused and mess up big time. The difficulty is in the title, and reading the OP usually makes it pretty clear if it's experimental or not. SOme poeple are even kind enough to state that the game is not fit for beginners (which most standards aren't)

When you see a thread with [sign-ups] in the title, post your priority in there (p#, number depends on how many games you are in currently. 1 if in none, 2 if in one, etc). When the sign ups close, if you get in, you are sent your PM, a new thread is posted where the game is played, etc. If you don't get in, try again. There are always a bunch of people who don't get in, and the list is randomised anyways (except reserved spots, which are kinda... reserved. If you want one of these, get yourself friends who like to make games).

Look for beginner games/standard games WITHOUT experimental stuff (important!) if you aren't that experienced; you'll just get confused and mess up big time. The difficulty is in the title, and reading the OP usually makes it pretty clear if it's experimental or not. SOme poeple are even kind enough to state that the game is not fit for beginners (which most standards aren't)
Alright thanks... are sign ups random or on set intervals of time?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
This and this may help you. They are articles from The Smog Magazine that describe Smogon Mafia pretty well

Sign-Ups are decided. Once a game gets over, its replaced by another one. Here is the game listing

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I know forum mafia and real time mafia are really different, especially when all possible roles are revealed before the game starts, but

www.epicmafia.com

is a neat website to help get a grasp on how the game works and then some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)