I Am The Shinxe, koo koo (pi)kachu!

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
All of the Pokemon-themed art in this thread is free use as icons, signatures, whatever, I really don't care. However, if it's not Pokemon-themed, don't use it, because those are commissions and personal works! Thanks!

You can find non-PKMN art at my portfolio site and Weasyl (where I post commission openings):
http://chinarockett.com/
http://www.weasyl.com/~kittiara

-----------------

Reviving my thread from a couple years back!

Please see latest pages for new stuff.

SMOG ILLUSTRATIONS:

ZEKROM

BLAZIKEN

GIRATINA

RESHIRAM

-----------------
F.A.Q.:

Can I use this as an icon?
--If it's Pokemon-themed, yes, don't worry about asking!

What program do you use?
--Photoshop.
What brush set(s) do you use?
--Primarily this one, along with ones I made myself: http://adonihs.deviantart.com/art/My-Brush-Pack-118954791
(There are a LOT MORE in my set now than two years ago, but that is still one of my favorite default ones.)

Do you have Work In Progress images?
--I do now! See the links below the FAQ.

Will you draw requests?
--Sometimes. Rarely. Only, really, if I make a call for requests specifically.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD ART FROM ORIGINAL POST BELOW.
This stuff is about two years old now! Please see recent pages for recent stuff. THANKS!

NOTE: The image host I was using for these images greatly reduced the quality of these a few months ago, sorry!
|
|
V

Process Images!

Process for Aerodactyl. - totally jank 'painting'
Process for Honchkrow. - slightly more painterly and less messy.
Process for Metagross. - emphasize setting and shadow, intensity of mood
Process for Roserade. - another way of shading, and simple BG

Original Post:
MEME!

Feel free to use them as forum avatars, signatures, whatever!

Large Files:
Batch 1: http://i46.tinypic.com/n15y0l.png
Batch 2: http://i46.tinypic.com/og9ocn.png

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest fan of all of these, but I love Gengar and Honchkrow, they're just oh so evil :3

The actual artistry behind these is great though all around, bravo :D

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I LOVE these things, they are very damn amazing, also idk if its your style or not but that Gengar reminds me of the Joker, Roserade of Watchmen, and Gliscor of Batman.

Seriously all of these are completely awesome, I would love to see what you could do with other mons.

5 stars from me.

PS. hang around more, we love to see talented artists like you around!

Hahah oh man these are great.
I LOVE the breloom, haha it's so...sporey and wicked. And the dragonite, so great. Exactly how powerful it should be.

Rated 5 stars. That art is incredible. Stick around and keep posting your work, please! There's so much room here for amazing artists, and we'd love to see them. My favourite is the quite sinister Xatu, though I've got to concur, Gengar is kind of reminiscent of the Joker ^^

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Although this isn't my favorite style, all of these look amazing! Metagross scares the living daylights out of me, Breloom is great, and Dragonite is one of the few pieces of art worthy of the adjective "epic". Keep it up!

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Rated 5 stars, this is all amazing with how threatening and powerful you made everything, but Vespiquen feel. Even that's great though, since you didn't make just the Pokemon look amazing, you made their backgrounds just as good.

Oh definitely -- these are awesome! My favorite by far has to be Metagross. Look how awesome that is! It's insane! That's how it should be in the anime. My second choice would be Roserade. It has a very human-like style to it. That's probably what Pokemon would look if they ever decide to make Pokemon later on like how Digimon did where the humans morph/dress up as the Digimon (though, I hope they never do that for Pokemon). And 3rd choice would have to be Milotic. Only if Milotic really looked like that. It looks like a Water/Dragon type. That's just pure Pocket Monster look.

The rest are all great. Props on your talent bro. Also, am I the only who at first glance thought that the Dragonite was a Charizard? Might have just been me.

~ Aether Nexus

I love how much expression is put in to each of these through the backround/ foreground, it really makes each of those unique. As well, the eyes... it just gives each of them a really creepy, evil look, which is awsome.
As well, the shading is perfect in each of these. I especially love luxio, dragonite, and infernape for the lighting that's comeing of their attacks/ flame. That gives it a really sick effect.

Honestly your work is more than the sum of it's parts; I love each of your paintings for all of these reasons, but it also is alot better than just this.

I think it should focus more on specific Pokémon's traits instead of just an overall evil theme or what have you, but the artwork is great

Aero: Epically awesome.
Dragonite: True Dragon power.
Gengar: Gives me the creeps w/that smile.
Infernape: Looks cool.

Can you make one for Empoleon?

My favorites there is easily Nidoqueen and Vespiqueen.

Vespi just looks so tranquil (in contrast to the others)

Nidoqueen just screams "You entered my nest, Im gonna crush you skull!"

As a matter of fact, Im stealing the Nidoqueen to use as my msn avatar:p

Any chance you'll draw Hypno someday?

<-- How could I possibly resist? :heart:

Really interesting style man, do you have anything else to show us like a DA account or something like that? Although this is a Pokemon forum, you can post all kinds of art here.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Hey guys, wow I'm kind of blown away by this response, haha.

First off, yes, I have a DeviantArt account and it is:
http://kittiara.deviantart.com

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'd like to do more in a wider range of styles (I guess I was just on a creepazoid kick for most of these, and for some it fits, for others it's forced) in the future.

As to the requests for more, I don't have much spare time between work but I'll probably do a couple more of my favorites. Still, I DO take commissions, haha. 9u9 Would probably do Hypno and Empoleon on my own since I love them and they would be good de-stressors.

(And yeah Dragonite looks like Charizard on first glance because ORANGE and also probably since bulky mcDraggypants is never drawn badass?)

These are just so sick! I enjoy some of the devious faces you gave them. For example, Nidoqueen looks nowhere near nurturing and Froslass looks absolutely demented. They're unlike anything I've seen before! Great job, dude!

Edit: I'm totally giving you credit! =D

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I LOVE Tuxedo Roserade. They are all very good pictures, but thematically it's kinda weird to have spore floating around the Fighting type box. Well, it's your favorite fighting type and not mine.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Those are really great. I like how much personality you give to each one and you spared no detail in the backgrounds too. It's worth 5 stars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)