I Am The Shinxe, koo koo (pi)kachu!

Aaaaaghfhhdhajshdha
Yes you're back
Your art is simply incredible, and whenever I saw it I wondered if you would come back
Congrats on the work placement, and I hope you stay for a long while more!

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome back! I wasn't sure if my little corner of the Studio would be remembered, yay

And thanks for the wellwishes, Ritter!

Since I mentioned HeartGold (waiting for it to arrive via mail now), I should also mention I have a weird need to figure out the trainer I'll play as if the game is an RPG that happens in my head. AND SO. I was pretty close to making some grrr dykey trainer, but ended up with a waifish hippy instead. It's like I tripped and fell into an H&M fairy circle for her design.

Maybe I can sketch more when I get the game if anything fun comes to mind!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey Shinxe! You probably don't know me, but I'm Birkal and I'm a huge fan of your work. I adore the Blaziken tutorial you made, and that Dragonite piece looks hot. Also, your portfolio stuff is incredible; it really shows how accomplished of an artist you are. It's great to see you back and posting. I can't wait to see what else you come up with =)

Also, I'm the art leader of The Smog, so if you have any interest in drawing a piece or two for that, message me and we'll work at getting you set up!

Me: *Stumbles upon bumped art thread*

*faints*

Wow, first Az, then you! Welcome back to the university of smogon Shinxe! Great to have you back! Also, congratulations on graduating! I wish you the best of luck with your job! With your art skills though, I don't think you'll need it. :D

Also, love the style of the dragonite/girl piece so far. It's simplistic in it's technique, yet complicated in the actual art, something that I like alot as sometimes when you have complicated are and extreme colouring/shading/highlights, the eye gets really distracted, but this is a perfect combo so far. Keep up the amazing work!

BTW, you probably don't recognize me by Furosuto, as I was previously Master Win when we met.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Great to meet you, Birkal! Thanks for your totally nice words! I hope to post more; if not frequently, then at least without a solid year of silence between.

I made some of my most enjoyable pieces of fanart for the Smog a long time back, and I'd be happy to do it again sometime in 2013. There's so much else to settle that I'll just have to say, for now, I will certainly let you know when I can!

EDIT:

Heyyy, Master Win! Yup that rings a bell! Good to see you again, and with such nice words, thanks! It's a relief to do some pretty simple, mostly drawing-based fanart, since work is almost all just painting and painting... so I draw on my own time.

Sir, I would like to wash your feet if you'll let me. You're that damn good.
Look forward to seeing more of your stuff, especially dem tutorials <3 *hint hint* :3

Also, congrats on Graduation and getting a job!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Good to see you back Shinxe. Really hope you stay around again for a while, as it's always nice to see your art.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
I can't believe I was gone for a YEAR 8I

Acklow I hope you know I read your entire comment in Dexter's voice.

Thanks Scampy!

Juicy... if I make any image more complex than a brainfart, I will document it! ;D

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Also I think I need to be honest with you guys and say that while I didn't draw anything Pokemon in the past year+, I totally drew ponies.

Oh man, so this was last November, which is actually almost a year, too... what is time, you guys?

Larger: http://i48.tinypic.com/4hzl2v.jpg

PLUS I was totally wrong, I drew one Shinxe since August 2011:
"OH YOU"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)