I Am The Shinxe, koo koo (pi)kachu!

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
I love Porygon! Will add him to my "draw these Pokemon next" list. I haven't been good at keeping up, but it looks like I'll have some spare time tonight. :)

Thanks all!

i love the mysterious vibe your drawings give. utterly awesome :P... i particularly like the roserade, togekiss and milotic.

good job :D

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Here comes the sun, dodododoo...

My entry to the monthly art contest.
(Design a final form for the Gen 5 grass starter. This one is Grass/Psychic.)

Stop bumming around, Shinxe, and do your commissions. >:|

"I saw the universe then I met the beatles we had a tea party dude"
Who'd you rather be, the beatles or the rolling stones?

So hey that piece is really interesting and I love it, but I was wondering how you did the glow effect with the rings around it, as well as the "beam of light" that's comeing down on it?

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Let's see...

The circles: Just Ellipse tool in Photoshop with the center of the circles cut out.
The glow on the circles and the dude: Just a big soft airbrushy Photoshop brush specifically tweaked for glowing (I linked the brush set it's a part of like... on page 3 or something) effects.
The glow from the sky: Polygonal lasso tool, gradient from yellow to transparent on the inside.

Super jank and easy.

Now here is something I painted earlier today to practice human faces:

Even IF they give me nightmares, they are still nice. Aero has to be my favorite! I love the detail on the mouth to make it look almost zombie like.

Wow! Just Wow! each of thse blew me away and you should be proud
infernape was my favourite the light from the flames and shadows c'est genial :)

what is the ice pokemon?

Also, am I the only who at first glance thought that the Dragonite was a Charizard? Might have just been me.

~ Aether Nexus
i also thought it was a charizard at first

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Ice is Froslass. :B

I'm ready to do some more of those, finally, I was out of the mood for a while since I did 17 of the damn things in a row and have since been doing mostly commissions. Expect an update sometime within the next couple days!

ahaha hey shinxe.
love your pictures, still as awesome as always!
mind linking me the brush set/sets you use? ;p

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
H2O: I already linked to it in this thread on the 2nd or 3rd page. Search for it there or on Adonihs 's gallery on DA

Only one more for now-- a Smeargle. Didn't spend as much time on it as I did on the originals, gonna be honest here, lol. Between commission work and moving into my new apartment there's not much time.

(icon version in first post)

I love your Aerodactyl and Dragonite in the original post. The Smeargle you made is really cool and reminds me of the fawn thing from the Lion Witch Wardrobe movie lol

My absolute favorite is the final evo of the grass starter you drew. It's inspiring.
Which programs do you use?
And do you mind if I use one as an avatar possibly? :3

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
8O I'm glad you like the grass evolution! (I use Photoshop and the brush set is linked in here somewhere I might as well post it in the first post or something sometime)

Annnd yep all the Pokemon-related art is free use for avatars, whatever-- not the commissions/non-Pokemon stuff I post, but everything else is fair game.

Edit: I posted an FAQ in the original post.

Alright that Smeargle is so cool.
Also I can't tell how much time you spent on it. After the skill level of somebody gets past a certain point, I really can't tell if you jotted it up in a few seconds, or spent like a day on it.

Honestly I love that smeargle it's so ganster marking up a sick graffiti mark and with the ruffled fur and smirk it's just...

I think it's my favorite work of yours
And you're my favorite of the '10 users
and your like one of the top artists here
[/gushing]

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
ffs lol, wickdaggler, you're way too nice :B Thank you!!

I'll be making an image that's just the Smeargle's tag since I'm pretty fond of it. Sadly I don't have Adobe Illustrator so I can't make a rad vector but oh well.

Until then here's a picture my friend and I did back in March. Collaboration on the sketching, inking, coloring, everything, except she's the one who made the Pokemon look more like the actual style (I cannot do this for the life of me).

gayyyyy

Hi, Shinxe, You have some nice art. Just thought I'd drop a comment to let you know I greatly approve of your fire javelina evolution line.
I approve of it so much, in fact, that I decided to scratch the final evo when I was bored today.

I named it 'Eruptusk', because it appears you haven't already named it.
Hope you don't mind me using your design (I'm sure you don't).
Enjoy.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
DUDE

:V

DUDE

That is the raddest baddest most bitchin-- Thanks!! The colors are great, pretty much exactly what I was envisioning. Pretty awesome to see it in sprite form, it's not something I'd ever be able to do myself!

Sweet deal. The design was a pleasure to work with, and although I won't bother you with a request, I look forward to seeing some more fakemon in the future. Good stuff.

absolutely incredible. Could you please do a charizard too? Keep the evil theme XD. Seriuosly, some of the best art i've seen here. Love your avatar too BTW

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
Adding Charizard to THE LIST! I'll probably do a shiny one since my dragonite is so orange already and it'll look too similar. SO probably a black charizard SO METAL.

WhiteQueen: I think it did oh god oh no

Trying to do more PKMN art except... y'know. Commissions. Here's a closeup of one I just finished:

(Full Picture here: http://kittiara.deviantart.com/#/d2rhqpd )

God, your work is just the best :3 I've been looking through your dA. I'm so glad you -- at risk of being a suck-up!!! -- chose to bestow your talent on Smeargles.

Wow, great work you have here mate. Sudowoodo would make it even flashier though! I mean Mirror B. had one and he is just kickass amirite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)