1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

I could host read carefully!

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Smgondude, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Smgondude

Smgondude

i could host smogon i do like smogon. the server would be on 24/7. i would use your scripts or lutra's. and your banner and server discription. and give every member auth that had auth. just think about it. i could save you from hosting. i have fast high speed internet so the server wouldnt lagg. no offense but i have experienced lag there. also just think about it. i could host smogon 24/7 on high speed internet. and i would keep the server updated. i do have my own server so i know how to run one. im just asking if i could host yours. it would save you the trouble for hosting it. i dont know how you are hosting yours weather its by paying or by via desktop or laptop. but i would host it for free 24/7. come on give me a chance thanks Smgondude!
  2. iDunno

iDunno

this is a good idea
  3. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

4. Smgondude

Smgondude

why not though. even 1 person said good idea, free man. also it would be the same and i hardly wouldnt even be on the server it would be like as if it was now?
  5. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

idk his username is telling me good things
  6. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Judging by your name, and your obvious dedication. I am not against this.

C&C Approved: 1/3
  7. Bobtheball4

Bobtheball4 CAP Playtesting Expert

I'm pretty sure smogon already has a reliable host, as the server has been up 24/7 for a while now. Although you seem pretty committed to this, so I am not against the idea.
  8. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I'm the only serious person in this thread. That's the joke.
  9. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Send your credentials to Felix Mayweather please.
  10. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

PO Mod Approved: 1/3
  11. Smgondude

Smgondude

Really its not a joke im not jokeing. im for real. i will host it for free with your guys bans and scripts or lutras. it doesn't matter. also the best part i keep skarmpiss out. skarmpiss wont enter the server i keep him out on mine so i would keep him out on smogon. give me one chance and see if im not the best host. and like i said i keep skarmpiss out. thanks smogon community. :)
  12. Smgondude

Smgondude

sorry for the double post but send what?
  13. iDunno

iDunno

your credentials
  14. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Sorry, Aldaron misspelt his name; it's actually Felix Merryweather, who is Smogon's lawyer. You'll need to send him all relevant information regarding your qualifications to run and host a high-traffic server like Smogon's, as well as information as pertains to i) the location of your server (very important, since different countries have different laws regarding content on the internet), ii) technical specifications of the server and your internet, iii) your eligibility to sign any contracts / legal documents Mr. Merryweather may require you to sign (e.g. liability waivers, contracts, and so forth). Sell yourself to Mr. Merryweather. I hope you will be able to arrive at a settlement that is fair and satisfactory to both parties, since hosting Smogon's server is a legally demanding and time-consuming duty. Thanks!
  15. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Also can you come into the Smogon office sometime this week? We'd like to meet our hosts face-to-face. We're found in Cleveland, Ohio.
  16. Smgondude

Smgondude

i cant im located in virginia.

but i could send some of my info to him.
  17. Smgondude

Smgondude

sorry again for the double post but how may i contact him?
  18. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Well can you fly out by chance? I mean I'm sure someone of your caliber can afford a simple plane ticket. We pay our hosts top dollar (just a little under the moderator position).
  19. tennisace

tennisace Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

20. Smgondude

Smgondude

like how much? im not old enof to travel im sorry. but i do have a paypal acount.
  21. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

As Dr. Felix R. Merryweather IV, RN/JD/LLC is a travelling celebrity attorney (perhaps you've heard of him?) he's a little difficult to contact, but I suggest you send all PMs to Eo Ut Mortus, our communications director. He'll be able to facilitate any dialogue required between you and the esteemed Doctor.

But as he gets touchy sometimes I suggest you send him pictures of bunnies as well to cheer him up.

edit: you may be unaware tennisace but he may have been barred from gmail by participating in a suit against google
    it's possible he plied them with bunnies as well
  22. Smgondude

Smgondude

i have contacted him. i will also be very active on the forums. also one more thing please click on my profile if you dont mind and see what some users has posted thanks~smgondude
  23. Smgondude

Smgondude

im sorry again for the double post. it just i dont think about it until i have already posted. any way. please send this thread link to Eo Ut Mortus. and i think he might consider thanks.
  24. DeathxShinigami

DeathxShinigami

What big talk you have.

I bet even anyone else here could do what you plan doing... ;)
  25. tennisace

tennisace Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

this was resolved, you should email him at the address i provided

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)