I couldn't really think of a cool name...(OU)

AHEM...
I started competitive battling a few months ago, but I never got around to making a team. I just leeched of other people RMTs. But finally, I decided to give it a shot, so here you go.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine originally gained a spot on the team because I needed a way to deal with Landorus and Salamence, but now it does so much more. It usually ends up being the endgame cleaner, and it revenge kills so many sweepers (LATi@s) with ice shard. I gave him Thick Fat over the more often seen Snow Cloak because I badly needed the ice resist, and the fire resist comes in handy too. Snow Cloak is too situational for it to make as much of a difference. I’ve considered replacing Icicle Crash with Icicle Spear for better accuracy and the ability to break through Multiscale and subs, but the consistent damage output makes it the better choice (usually).

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
-Roost​

Para-shuffling Dragonite is such a beast. It synergizes great with Scizor and Forretress. What happens is I switch in on a resisted 4x resisted fire move, such as HP Fire from a Lati, and more often than not leftovers heals me up to Multiscale again. Everyone expects the sweeping variety, so I can often set up a Substitute on the switch and proceed to phase. Dragonite man job is to weaken and cripple opposing sweepers through hazards and T-Wave so my more offensive pokes can sweep. Dragon Tail can do decent damage on Latios, and it comes in handy by popping Air Balloons.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

This thing is my main revenge killer. It synergizes with Scizor and Forretress by also resisting fire type moves. There isn’t much to say about this one. Usually, Dragonite does its job, and the opposing team’s sweepers are weakened to the point where this guy can easily pick them off. Stone edge is sometimes frustrating with the accuracy, not to the point where I would replace EQ with Rock Slide.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

This is the specially-defensive variety. Its main job is to partner with Dragonite to weaken the opposing team’s core. It’s pretty self-explanatory. Volt-Switch is to try and escape Magnezone on the switch, but Magnezone isn’t so much of a problem that Ii would give up Lefties for a Shed Shell. Gyro Ball and EQ were passed over because I didn’t really care about dealing damage with this thing; I just needed something to set rocks up, and another dragon resist.

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break

This is pretty standard. Haxorus is my main late game cleaner. It does especially well when 1) The opposing team’s Steels are gone (duh) and 2) Everything faster than it has been paralyzed by Dragonite. Then it just goes to town. It usually stays on the sidelines during early game because its frail as mess and it fails to even dent Skarmorys that carry Roost (most of them).

Scizor @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 216 SDef /40 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Again, this is pretty standard. Scizor provides yet another astute revenge killer, and deals with Terrakion effectively. If Scarf-Terrakion has been taken out, Scizor provides insurance against some important threats, such as Cloyster, and helps me deal with taking out Steel types with Superpower. There isn’t really much to say; Scizor just does its job, from picking off weakened pokes to scouting.

Alright, by now you’ve got a feeling for the team. Usually, with four offensive pokes and shuffling Dragonite, either Mamoswine, Terrakion, Scizor, or Haxorus manages to clean up. With 3 choiced pokes, this team requires a bit of prediction.

One problem this team has is a lack of fire, electric, and water type moves. I used to have Magnezone in Forretress’ team slot, but Dragonite really needed hazards to be effective. Suggestions about this and any other problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a Lot!!

Importable:
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stone Edge

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 8 SDef / 252 Atk / 248 HP
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Spd / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Brick Break

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

3 choice items on a team might not exactly work out. half of your pokemon will be forced out if the opponent switches into a counter of the move you are using and that really gives your opponents time to set up. A well placed swords dance can sweep an entire team. I know. I've done it with a Bisharp before. consider switching up the scizor for the swords dance scizor and watch people quiver in terror. it's usually a good rule of thumb to have no more than 2 choice pokemon per team.

You have two Pokémon weak to Ice-Moves and not a single switch in for a Blizard, which about half the Pokémon on a Hail-Team usually carry. Your Dragonite set is rather stally and does not really belong on a team as offensive as yours. Aside from that as you have no physical wall you will have to let something die everytime your enemy switches in a Choice Banded Terrakion or something similiar. I really can't tell whether you want a playstyle of getting up hazards and Dragonite shuffling for Residual Damage or a Hyper-Offensive team that clears up very fast, therefore I can't advise you on what to switch out and what not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)