I Don't Care About Entry Hazards [OU]

My first RMT. When I built my team, I wanted to make a team that had few weaknesses to entry hazards. It worked, sort of. 3 Pokemon are immune to Spikes and 3 are immune to Toxic Spikes (with one being able to use it against the opponent,) and Stealth Rock hits for neutral at most.

Changes are in blue, just because I like it.

The Lead

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Taunt

Azelf. Oh, boy. I can't count the number of times someone has predicted an Explosion, then switched right into a Fire Blast or Psychic. Since Explosion was nerfed, I decided that it wasn't worth it to let Azelf go out with one, because it can no longer deliver a sure KO. This set surprises most of my opponents and is my key to gaining momentum in the early game.

The Revenge Killer

Starmie @
Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

I used SubCM Jirachi before I turned to this, and I soon found out it didn't work against anyone except for the occasional Uber noob that comes by my server every so often. It was amusing, but I decided to switch over to a revenge killer in the form of Deoxys-S. The thing became set-up fodder and was so susceptible to hazards it wasn't even funny how quickly it died. Starmie, on the other hand, can not only revenge kill, but it can also Trick away its Scarf.

Ragequit Inducing... Mouse?

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
- Recover
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

The foe's Whimsicott used Leech Seed!

The foe's Whimsicott used Stun Spore!

The foe's Whimsicott used Taunt!

I just switch Reuniclus into any one of those and then a huge time lapse occurs. Ironic, right? Anyways, I put this thing on the front line when I want to lure status (except for Sleep) and then I just piss off my opponent with this thing's immunity to just about everything that isn't direct damage.

The Mixed Confuser

Tyranitar @
Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

So many people switch out of Tyranitar, expecting an Earthquake, or something else along those lines, or they stay in and attack, fearing a set-up. If I can predict well enough, this Tyranitar can wreck at least one crucial Pokemon on their team using the appropriate move.

Ragequit Inducing Mushroom

Breloom @
Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

People don't like this thing. They usually ragequit when I get everything set up. One to sleep, then a Sub while they switch. From there, I heal off all accumulated damage while Focus Punching their lights out. So many people expect this to be a Technician Breloom but were in for a rude awakening when they realized it was actually a fourth generation classic Breloom set.

The Sweeper

Landorus @
Leftovers
Ability: Sand Power
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-Turn

When sandstorm is up, and I get a Swords Dance, it's pretty much gg from there because Landorus can just plow through entire teams with its powerful Earthquake. I got taken out by Ice attacks frequently, though, so I replaced Leftovers with Yache Berry. However, I quickly found out that Yache didn't stop KOs from more powerful Ice-type attacks. I switched Yache back to Leftovers because of this. I used to run Brick Break over U-Turn, but it provided mostly redundant coverage and was outpowered by Earthquake 99.9% of the time. U-Turn can help Landorus escape being trapped and killed as easily.

wait... a special attacking tyranitar? WHY?!

actually, I had no idea azelf could learn explosion, I never faced much azelfs, (maybe 3)and I never faced an exploding azelf, I expect azelf to burn me with flamethrower or psychic me after setting up stealth rocks or using taunt... oh wait... lol. I seriously had no idea that was your azelf.

I'm not really good at rating teams too much, so don't take my word for it, but even if I'm really new, I'm pretty sure that no matter how strong t-tar gets, his special attack is still inferior to his attack, replace with physical attacks:

max sp atk:317
max atk:403

The special attacks catch opponents off guard and also roasts Scizor who think I'm going to switch and who think that they're getting a free SD.

i like the combination of mixtar and the SD lando, but i'm not sure the azelf + jirachi are necessarily good fits to the team.

i'd like to suggest a lead skarm or nattorei to get up early rocks, skarm can even taunt slower leads like hippowdon and t-tar from getting up their rocks just like azelf can. those are both steel types, notice, because if you decide to change jirachi for another pokemon, you'll need a steel type to absorb some dragon hits for you.

Skarmory @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Sturdy
Nature: Impish - EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 224 SDef / 12 Spd

• Stealth Rock
  • Taunt
  • Roost / Whirlwind
  • Brave Bird / Drill Peck
drill peck keeps sturdy intact, but you lose a noticeable amount of damage. roost is preferred over whirlwind, but if you want a PHazing option, there's whirlwind. the evs are specially defensive with enough speed to outspeed most other skarms that run taunt. with the given evs, you'll be able to take things like surf from swampert in addition to things like conkel mach punches without too much trouble.

and to replace the jirachi, i think a scarfed revenger would be good because it looks like you can pretty much just be swept by a bulky DDos that sets up on either t-tar (once they figure out this isnt a standard physical set) or breloom (bulky DDoses usually carry taunt)

i would recommend a scarf latias/garchomp or even a specs deoxys-s for the role of revenger.

Deoxys-S @ Choice Specs Lv. 100 -- Pressure
Nature: Modest - EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

• Thunderbolt
  • Shadow Ball
  • Psycho Boost
  • Energy Ball

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I'll be replacing Azelf for the sheer surprise factor at the beginning. I'll consider replacing Jirachi.

EDIT: Now I think I know why I chose Jirachi. It didn't take much damage from SR and was immune to TSpikes, while Deoxys-S is vulnerable to each and every entry hazard at least neutrally. I'll be using it, but can somebody suggest better options?

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, why Scarf Deoxys-S? It's the fastest pokemon in the game. Really, the only reason you would run Scarf is to outpace Doryuuzu, but you can't KO it with any of your moves. It also sorely lacks power, especially with Scarf over Specs.
Plus it gives you THREE pure psychic-types.
Instead, run a ScarfChomp -- more power, can abuse Sand Veil with TTar's support, and...
wait. That's three ice weaknesses.
NEVERMIND
Use a Scarfed Starmie. Can beat Dragon-typed sweepers as well as Gyarados with a 4x super-effective Ice Beam and Thunderbold respectively. Its resistances to Ice and Water (especially Ice) will help out your team greatly.

Hmm... a mix tar... okay, it does have its uses when it comes to surprising scizor or I guess a garchomp flygon or whatever else

I hope your'e planning on using breloom before tyranitar, because most techlooms use a focus sash because of their slowness and how they die and such, and since sash gets ruined in sandstorm, they will indefinitively figure it out if they are competent, that also might tell them if you are battling under wifi clause because most people don't bring sash on a sandstorm team if they are hurt by sandstorm, but yeah, it's a nice team, but I don't get why you named it that since, other than reinacus, none of your pokes get resistance to SR, landlorus and reinacus are the only pokes unaffected by spikes and breloom, reinacus, and landlorus arent affected by toxic spikes, if you want to name a team for entry hazard resistance then all of them (or at least most) should resist the entry hazards, a more fitting name would be... I don't know, they look like an average team

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I'll be replacing Azelf for the sheer surprise factor at the beginning. I'll consider replacing Jirachi.

EDIT: Now I think I know why I chose Jirachi. It didn't take much damage from SR and was immune to TSpikes, while Deoxys-S is vulnerable to each and every entry hazard at least neutrally. I'll be using it, but can somebody suggest better options?

choice specs was what i recommended, because deoxys-s already has more than enough speed, and the power is very welcome. i only said you should use the combination of those two because now you have no real defensive pivot and dragons attacks are VERY scary for your team. and now that i think of it, if you stay with the deoxys, go for psycho shock instead of psycho boost. with specs, you can pretty much just sweep most teams after dark/steels are eliminated

i also agree with ryik, i didnt really notice anything about like..your team taking little damage from hazards.. o_O

Sorry. The Choice Scarf was a typo. I did put Choice Specs on it.

EDIT: It's also titled "I Don't Care About Entry Hazards" because I don't always need Stealth Rock up on the opponent's field to guarantee success, either.

Ok from what I see the tyranitar should be slow and bulky. Tyranitar is definately slow so the naive 200 evs in speed is almost a waste. Tyranitar doesn't need that much offensive power to surprise ohko with special moves. A simple bulky leftover set with crunch flamethrower/ fireblast icebeam and super power would hit a lot and be more bulky. Yache on randorusu or landorous is almost pointless because it will barely live any ice move except the common ice fang from a weak hitter like bulky gliscor or bulky hippowdon. It might go as far to live a random hidden power ice pretty well. Reuniclus with life orb is best with trick room psychic focus blast and recover or a hidden power that fits your teams needs. specs deoxys S is pretty bad because he can get trapped in by pursuit killers after using most of its moves. To do well with this team you would need quite an advantage. I would rate this team a 6 out of 10 or below sorry it has no back bone or any great attributes.

Consider Grass Knot on your Azelf, possibly over Psychic since it's great against Hippowdon and Tyranitar leads. Yeah Hippo can't really touch you, but you're boned against a Ttar.

Why does Reuniclus have Spe EVs? Did you mean SpA? If you're not running Calm Mind you should run some SpA EVs. Enough to OHKO max/max Tyranitar with Focus Blast would be wise.

Yeah, your Ttar doesn't really need Speed. If you're planning on outrunning no speed Gliscor to hit with Ice Beam, you're better off giving Landorus HP Ice over Brick Break. Edgequake is good enough physical coverage and LO only helps further.

I did take some advice into consideration and I altered the team so Landorus wouldn't be so prone to trapping. Any changes I should make on the new one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)