I don't use shampoo to wash hair

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I have really oily hair so I guess "just water" is not for me.
But I noticed one thing: ever since I used the Moroccan Ghassoul, I stopped having dandruff problems.
Another blogger used Moroccan ghassoul mixed with her shampoo, and her dandruff become less severe too.
Maybe the minerals in the ghassoul does help.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I generally have a very dry skin, and winters are the death of me. No soap sounds interesting, though IDK how I'd fare in the summers in 45C+ temperatures (where I live).

No shampoo sounds undoable to me, again especially in the winters. Two-three days without shampoo and my scalp accumulates so much dandruff that it looks literally diseased. Boutique shit and home remedies have never worked for me, I've always needed like the borderline industrial grade anti-dandruff shampoo to keep it at bay.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I'm on day #4 of trying no shampoo/soap, and it's fine. My hair isn't an oil bomb for some reason, and my body is fine as well. I'm sold !

Call me weird if you want but I have never used soap when I shower, and I have never had any problems with that. I use shampoo though, if not my hair turns into a dandruff infected oil bomb.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Call me weird if you want but I have never used soap when I shower, and I have never had any problems with that. I use shampoo though, if not my hair turns into a dandruff infected oil bomb.
I actually am allergic to most soaps, so I grew up without using them. Never had problems, but that maybe because I have very dry skin.
The only soaps I'm not allergic to, are the ones from Lush. I don't know why though. Maybe it's the oil they use.

hi, i don't use shampoo at all, after 3 years of not wasting money on shampoos and condoms (weird side effect of not getting laid cuz your hair looks bad)
i finally gathered enough to afford my own hat so i can conceal my head,
shampoo companies hate me.

edit: if the op is an actual girl i'd love to have a non shampoo wash session with her.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i've been doing no soap since i read phil's post and i am a fan. Still shampoo and condition every other day though, otherwise my hair turns into steel wool.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm definitely going to to give no soap a try. I really wanna give up shampoo as well but because of my psoriasis I need to use a specially medicated shampoo. I might just give it a shot anyway, so I'll see where the first few days and weeks take me.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I started the no soap/shampoo thing and its working a treat. My hair's no longer oily and the same goes for my back. Also for some reason I stopped getting dandruff, although idk why that happened. Maybe it was the shampoo or something. Either way I defo recommend this.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
New year, no poo/no soap for me. Time to try this out for real, see you all in a month or so with an update.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I have been meaning to check in, thanks for the tag ZoroDark. I went for around two weeks without any shampoo or soap whatsoever, but my mom kept giving me shit about it after I told her. Naturally, she searched the interwebs and came across the articles about using baking soda as shampoo and apple cider vinegar as conditioner and passed them on to me. So, ten or so days ago, I bit the bullet and decided to try it to take the edge off the greasiness, and HOLY SHIT IT WORKS LIKE GANGBUSTERS. My hair is legit soft and smooth for 3 days after I wash it with that stuff, it's incredible. I still haven't used any body soap, only a wash cloth to kinda rub myself down head to toe, and I don't smell the least bit bad and my skin is no different (it's always dry during these Buffalo/Rochester winters, not much you can do there).

If you're on the fence, do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)