I draw lines...

Hey everyone. I've been a long time lurker. Used to trade Pokemon in ye olde D/P days...but stopped a long time ago for some reason or another. Anyway, I like drawing lines.

I don't often draw Pokemon. I doodle things for friends in other forums, but that's about.

For the most part, I'm developing a sort of video game thing. It's kind of like an interactive comic of sorts. I have nearly all the coding done and now just need art... so that's what I'm working on and what much of my art is going to be about.

Anyway, enough about me. Here's my art:

New newer stuff:

Newer stuff:

Video Game Thing

Pokemon

Other stuff

Hello there! I do enjoy your style here! Your lineart is very clean and what catches my eye is how you vary the thickness of your lines as well (How it gets thick and then very thin). Also, the hands on your main character are also very accurate too! :)

love how smooth your lines are. That is a part of digital art that I struggle with Greatly. Did you use a tablet to make these?

Hello there! I do enjoy your style here! Your lineart is very clean and what catches my eye is how you vary the thickness of your lines as well (How it gets thick and then very thin). Also, the hands on your main character are also very accurate too! :)
Thank you! I have a difficult time with hands and feet but I keep at it until they look right.

love how smooth your lines are. That is a part of digital art that I struggle with Greatly. Did you use a tablet to make these?
Although I do possess a tablet, I cannot use it for the life of me. The program of choice for these images is Inkscape, which allows me to place perfect lines and strokes. Adobe Illustrator is the commercial alternative that can do the same thing, and is much more popular.

I can write up a tutorial soon that details how I do this if there's enough interest. By default, strokes are just solid lines of a constant thickness...

Also, here's something else, a winter spirit:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's one word to describe this art: WOW! The smoothness of these images are a wonder to behold. You've just earned yourself a Luvdisc. If you do requests, I'd like a picture of a Tornadus (Therian forme) or a Froslass. Do the one that you prefer. Thanks in advance!

I like the style quite a bit actually, but there is one thing I would suggest that I saw on your winter spirit. Anatomy. For some weird reason, the winter spirit's body looks a bit too skinny and rigid, which might need some fixing. But if you work on anatomy a little bit more, I think that it could take these pics to a whole new level!

Great job on how smooth the lines are btw!

There's one word to describe this art: WOW! The smoothness of these images are a wonder to behold. You've just earned yourself a Luvdisc. If you do requests, I'd like a picture of a Tornadus (Therian forme) or a Froslass. Do the one that you prefer. Thanks in advance!
Thanks! I do take requests from time to time. Here's a Froslass using Blizzard (I'm not too fond of the body-thing; I'm going to tweak it later):

I like the style quite a bit actually, but there is one thing I would suggest that I saw on your winter spirit. Anatomy. For some weird reason, the winter spirit's body looks a bit too skinny and rigid, which might need some fixing. But if you work on anatomy a little bit more, I think that it could take these pics to a whole new level!

Great job on how smooth the lines are btw!
I can see exactly what you mean. Thankfully, it's an easy enough fix (I hope!)...

I drew something new (still WIP):

And something I drew before but forgot to add to the main post:

7/27/2012: Something finished:

(I am thinking it's fine to double-post if I have a decent update? If not, sorry for misunderstanding the rules...! I doubt I'd get a reply on the third page though...)

I've been working on coding the game, rather than art. I would like to post the interface and see what people think. It's not set in stone yet, but I think it's suitable enough:

The image is supposed to be related to the current stanza (the stanza that is not partially obscured), but right now I haven't drawn the relevant picture. So I put a placeholder.

Does the UI make sense? I hope it does, especially considering there's not much there to get confused by!

The UI is pretty clear and simple but the plain black and white is kinda bland. Even something as simple as a paper texture underneath could help it I think.
Good luck with it anyway :)

Sorry for the long delay in reply, but thank you. I understand that the UI seems bland. It's a particular subject I'm trying to fix reasonably so. A paper texture would be great but I have to generate it in such a way as it is compatible with both of my rendering pipelines, which isn't so easy :(...

I don't always draw lines, by the way. Here's some non-line stuff for another video game I'm working on occasionally:

Screenshots of it in action:

I decided to revamp my game that is about poetry. Rather than just click on an option, you act out the option... So if the choice is "kill man" or "save man," you'd have to attack the man and succeed in vanquishing him, or leading him to safety.

Without further ado, here is a concept level in hide tags (it's kind of big):

And here's a smaller version:

Mmm. It's all so crisp and clean, I do enjoy the varying widths in lines as well. I've always had the hardest time drawing simpler art. Very good, sir (or madame).

(I hope this double post is acceptable since I have a bunch of new stuff!)

I've made great progress with my game recently...

Here's some stuff from it:

(I'm wondering if it's acceptable to post the game so far...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)