I generated 6 Random Pokemon, and it actually worked!

Alright, this is completely bizarre to me, but I randomized a Pokemon team using This Site, and I did my best to make it work. After about an hour of tweaking, and researching, I completed the team, and it actually was usable in the UU tier, so I took it there, and won 5 out of 6 of my games. Here is the team in all of it's...glory?

Dragalge @ Expert Belt
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

Dragalge is the trump card Special Sweeper of this team. He hits extremely hard, and puts his Expert Belt to full use with his large movepool. He is also able to take at-least two hits that aren't super effective most of the time, I find, and also more useful with his Poison Point Ability, to give it more chances to activate if you ever get to that situation.

It's also really important to save Dragalge for later on in the game, because his Scald, Draco Meteor, and Thunderbolt are really important for taking care of Fires (Absolutely make sure you take care of any fires with Dragalge or Aromatisse, this team is very weak to it), Flying, and Dragon Types. Switching him in while Trick Room is up, or on an opponent who has suffered Hypno's Thunder Wave is absolutely devastating. This guy cleans up shop, just make sure you don't lose him.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

Metagross is the Physical Counterpart to Dragalge. The Special Sweeper, and the Physical Sweeper. You may have noticed that most of them aren't spec'd for speed however, and that's because of the synergy with Aromatisse's Trick Room, Hypno's Thunder Wave and I don't want these guys to get OHKO'd so easily.

Anyway, just like Dragalge, don't lose this guy so fast. Make sure you get him set up with Aromatisse, entry hazards, or Thunder Wave first, then go ham. He's extremely important to sweeping the opposing team. Earthquake is a must for any team, Meteor Mash is just an excellent STAB move, and Hammer Arm is an excellent fighting move, excellent for destroying a Dark Pokemon that thinks it can take you. Bullet Punch is a great priority-stab move for taking out lowbies.

Aromatisse @ Life Orb
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Moonblast/Flash Cannon
- Psychic/Thunderbolt
- Trick Room

Yeah, Aromatisse as an offensive support! Primarily made to take out Dragons, pesky Fires, and Fighting types, and sets up Trick Room for my entire team, who is bulky and slow. This is probably what I would lead with instead of Forretress if you were afraid of a Fairy (if you took Flash Cannon), or Fire type lead, or just wanted to deal with a lead like Donphan, or Sandslash quickly. And if all else fails, you can set up a Trick Room, and switch out to Metagross, or Dragalge and unleash true terror.

As for offensive moves, I would choose either Moonblast or Flash Cannon, and Psychic or Thunderbolt. I personally run Moonblast and Psychic, just for that type coverage. Having Hidden Power Water is pretty important because a fire type can stomp through this team, and Trick Room is a signature part of a neat combo. You COULD do without it, but you lose so much synergy. The reason that Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt are optional, is because Metagross and Dragalge both have a move of that type in the movepools, respectively. If you are steamrolling with Dragalge or Metagross with a trick room out, then I normally consider that type "covered," because of how core those two are.

Maractus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb
- Grass Knot/Energy Ball

Alright, I know what you're thinking. This Pokemon is terrible, and is outclassed by other Pokemon like Roserade, blah, blah, I know. I was just giving this and I did my best to make it work, and surprisingly, it has worked for me. This Pokemon is kinda like an interceptor Pokemon, to deal with a Sweeper that can be easily killed by it, and if not, then Hypno would be sent out. It's also important to note that if you manage to switch it into a water move (unfortunately, none of my team has a weakness to Water, but against various of my team, there will be Water Pokemon looking for a STAB attack, so jump in on that opportunity), and have Storm Drain adsorb it, and then boost your special attack!

Hidden Power [Fire] is a nice move all around, to deal with Steels, and other Grass types. Sucker Punch and Focus Sash are a sweet, sweet combo. Say you're getting wrecked by a Psychic sweeper, switch in to Maractus, get one-shotted, survive with Focus Sash, then use Sucker Punch and hopefully destroy that sweeper, especially if it's been injured by environment hazards. That's just best case scenario though, it's just nice to have as an extra hit, or a first hit.

I would recommend taking either Bullet Seed or Seed Bomb, and Grass Knot or Energy Ball. I've actually been experimenting with them both. Bullet Seed is RNG-based, and also situational. It absolutely wrecks Substitutes, and Focus Sashes though, and can sometimes even be better than Seed Bomb, while Seed Bomb is a safer pick. The other decision is Grass Knot vs. Energy Ball. Again, same deal. Grass Knot absolutely destroys heavy things like Rhyperior, but is maybe not so great against lighter ones, or ones with a heaviness reduction item, or ability, while Energy Ball is the safer choice. I wouldn't go with both Seed Bomb and Energy Ball however, that's basically pointless, unless you wanted to switch one of them out for a new move altogether.

Hypno @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Now that we've got our sweepers and interceptors/revenge killers out of the way, lets move on to our tanks! I know Hypno isn't the greatest Special Defense tank out there, but for UU he seems to do pretty well for himself, and Insomnia is pretty nice to have, even though this wouldn't be a priority Pokemon to put Asleep (the opponent could think it's a sweeper? Naaah).

Thunder Wave is infinitely useful for crippling all of your opponents sweepers, making them have to go last against the likes of Dragalde and Metagross. Wish is great for healing various members of your team. Use Protect right after casting Wish to basically guarantee the turn pass, and also scout moves. Then switched to the desired, injured sweeper, and you're all set. Healed up, and hopefully the opponent is paralyzed, then it's basically done for. Foul Play is basically just there to really put a number on an opponent who has a physical sweeper against your Hypno (usually shouldn't happen in most cases, but Hypno can usually take a couple physical hits anyway). He is the sweeper crippler, and healer of my team.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
And here is our main lead, and physical tank! He is excellent for setting up the entry hazards early on in the game, and also keeping your own field clear, with Rapid Spin. If you are afraid of a Fire Type lead, or want to get the game going quickly, then it's totally fine to lead with Aromatisse to better handle the situation. If you decide to leave it out against a fire-type, well. Atleast you got the Stealth Rock out, but it's usually not so worth it, so do play conservative, Forretress needs some love too you know!

Also, three of my Pokemon have Leftovers. Huh, just a pretty good tanky item I'd suppose. I'd be lying if I said it didn't save me multiple times before, just by a hair. Anyway, as for Forretress' final move, Gyro Ball. Make sure you set your Speed IV to 0, because oh man, does this move hurt. While testing this, I had a Porygon-Z use Agility while I had Forretress out. He tanked the hit, and used Gyro Ball and OHKO'd the Porygon. I was literally baffled. I used to undervalue Gyro Ball, but if I've learned anything from this event, it's that Gyro Ball is a great move for Forretress.

It's also worthy to note that if you want more Entry Hazards on this team or simply move some of these moves off of Forrestress to open up more options, Metagross can learn Stealth Rock, and Maractus can learn spikes. Just experiment with this and have fun. :P

Phew! Finished! Anyway, thanks alot for reading this. I'm not an expert in competitive battling, I just like to have fun here (remember, I didn't pick these Pokemon, I generated them!). Please leave me any sort of feedback at all, and tell me if you would have done anything different with this team! Thanks again! :D

Last edited:
Huh, actually never really thought to do that. It's an interesting idea, I might get around to trying it in a bit. :P

Edit:

Alright, got some matches together. Most of them went well. I didn't skip any match out of the four I played. There was a leaver in one of them, so of course I'd skip that. Does that mean I won all of them? You'll just have to watch them. ;P

All of the matches were really fun, despite the mistakes both sides made. Like aforementioned in the main post, I'm actually really new to the whole Pokemon Metagame Battling thing. I sure as heck know it's fun though. Anyway, here are the matches, please do check them out!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-111702671
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-111707996
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-111711457 (This one was great. xD)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-111713188

All of them were CRAZY intense. Really close game...except one of them was a domination. xD

Upon review, you can really see how useless Aromatisse is without a Trick Room up. She normally gets OHKO'd. Perhaps I should remove the Trick Room Gimmick, run Speed on everything, and run Choice Specs on Aromatisse? She really is out of her element in singles, being a doubles-based Pokemon (I find anyway). Ah well. Still some nice play. Metagross, Dragalge, and Maractus do some MAJOR work.

Last edited:
Dood, run adaptability dragagle. Its much better in any way than the shitty poison point. And with that movepool assault vest metagross could be better than lefties, unless you really want that recovery.

I feel Dragalge should have Surf over Scald, and perhaps even choice specs. The way it's used in your replays, it sounds more like a revenge killer than a late game sweeper.

ApplepieFTW Adaptability isn't available.

ApplepieFTW Yes, I would agree that it's a fantastic ability, but as The Void169 said, it's not available for use quite yet. For sure to be switched over when it does become available for sure. The Assault Vest is also an interesting idea, I ought to test it.

TheVoid619 Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)