Other i hope sparkysenpai notices me

Hello this is my first rmt for my loyalsparky team that I use. A lot of what I use here is based off of what I have read in http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...kings-see-post-1118-before-reserving.3517737/ I named all the pokemon "sparkyloyal" after the one who is best at pokemons.
/me falls down to worship sparkychild

SparkyLoyalThundurus (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt

One of my most common leads. Thundurus lets me stop most pokemon's status. His nice base speed and special attack paired with prankster thunder wave and taunt make thundurus one of my most important pokemon. Thunderwave taunt disable a lot of utility pokemon nicely, life orb boosted thunderbolt is my stab option to deal decent damage or revenge kill, and knock off is my main method of dealing with ghost teams. The evs are a tiny variation of the 252/252/4 spread, and nothing special. The reason Thundurus has made it into my team is because of its unique ability, movepool, and stats. Is also really loyal.

SparkyLoyalZapdos (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Zapdos is another important pokemon. Its surprising bulk lets me occasionally roost stall life orb pokemon. I chose maximum defense since a lot of the teams I struggle against their power are physically offensive pokemon. I chose discharge over thunderbolt because of the higher paralyze chance. Zapdos will remain an important part of my team due to it being the only pokemon in the electric category with access to defog or rapid spin. Is also really loyal.

SparkyLoyalElectivire (Electivire) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

My preferred physical attacker. I have motor drive on here since it's always funny to switch into an opponent using an electric type attack on Thundurus or Zapdos. Adamant 252 attack lets me deal tons of damage, and expert belt compliments his wide range of coverage moves. I have chose wild charge for STAB, rock slide to OHKO volcarona (which gives me a lot of trouble), ice punch for coverage against dragons and ground, and earthquake to beat other electric and fire teams. I chose Electivire over Luxray because Electivire has access to important moves like earthquake and rock slide, and ice punch does more damage than ice fang. Is also really loyal.

SparkyLoyalRaikou (Raikou) @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My favorite pokemon of all time. These specific evs are from the aforementioned monotype viability thread. Substitute calm mind Raikou is pretty self explanatory. Try and get a free substitute on a switch or paralyze, then set up with calm mind and sweep. Raikou is one of the main offensive forces on my team. By safely bringing Raikou in and setting up a few calm minds I can at the worst get 2 or 3 kos. More often than not I can get more that 3 kos with my set up Raikou, and that lets me easily clean up with my other pokemon. Is also really loyal. I have changed the attack IVs to 0 for minimal confusion and foul play damage.

SparkyLoyalMagnezone (Magnezone) @ Light Clay
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Discharge
- Flash Cannon

My dual screen pokemon. Magnezone has been an important part of my team. Whether it sets up screens that let my other pokemon live longer, or taking a overheat to safely bring Raikou in and set up a substitute, Magnezone has been a crucial part of my team. I chose him because all my other choices simply were not available or viable. The only other dual screens pokemon is Ampharos, and Ampharos doesn't provide the support that Magnezone does. Making a nice switch in to ice and stone attacks directed at Thundurus or Zapdos, and screens let my other pokemon survive way more than they are supposed to. Is also really loyal.

Loyal-Sparky (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

My rotom-mow. I chose rotom mow to deal with pesky ground and water types on water teams, since specs leaf storm ohkos every water ground type. This is a very strange rotom, with 252/152 evs defensively it can beat all Mamoswines 1v1, Mamoswines which would otherwise pose a trouble for my team. 104 special attack evs with specs let me ohko loads of pokemon, including ones like physically defensive Gliscor and Rotom-W, and even pokemon who aren't weak to grass moves like lanturn, and this isn't including all the pokemon weak 4x and 2x to grass. Specs let me take out alot more than I should. This is also one of my only counters to mold breaker scarf excadrill, since it can 2hko 4 hp 0 spd excadrill 100% with specs, or it can will o wisp and switch into someone else. Is also really loyal.

Excadrill on steel teams: mold breaker lets it 2hko rotom with earthquake, since most are scarfed it is difficult but possible to play around.
Mega Venusaur / stall pokemon: another pokemon that gives me trouble since the only pokemon that can come close to koing it is a fully set up raikou.
+6 52 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 195-230 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And even then its assuming that it invested evs into defence.
Those are the current threats and I will add more as I notice them.

=== [monotype] MonoSparky1 ===

SparkyRaikou (Raikou) @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

SparkyThundurus (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt

SparkyMagnezone (Magnezone) @ Light Clay
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Discharge
- Flash Cannon

SparkyZapdos (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Rotom-Sparky (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpA
Bold Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

SparkyElectivire (Electivire) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
in BW & earlier, 2 EVs was the minimum you could have for it to count as even and still have maximum power (70 then). it has since changed in XY & ORAS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)