Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- In Fight
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Ok.

Salamence (M) @ Adherence Goggles <--- If this is the actual translation, I am going to shoot someone
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Meteoric Swarm
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Not bad.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Ok.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

...Ok?

Manmuu (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Ice Pebble

K.

It seems pretty balanced. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of actually putting together the pokemon to form a team. Good luck with that.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
[thread=17743]Please read this thread.[/thread]

Also, baton pass on an Adherance Scarf Jolteon? You have serious Gyarados problems once they manage to hurt that Jolteon.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The first two cover Gyarados pretty well, which otherwise comes in on Mammoswine/Tyranitar/Blissey/Salamence and proceeds to destroy it with Ice Fang/Aqua Tail. Ice Pebble seems a bit of a waste with Sleep Talk: you have Jolteon to get the drop on Gablias/Salamence and Ice Pebble's priority modifier is wasted with Sleep Talk.

Adherence Scarf on a Jolteon with Baton Pass and without anything to BP to other mons?
Say the opponent leads with Milotic, and you lead with Jolteon. Obviously they'd switch, since Jolteon's much faster and is known to use Substitute, meaning Milotic can't Toxic/sleep it. If Jolteon uses Baton Pass, the opponent switches first, so then Jolteon can then pass to an appropriate counter. If, on the other hand, he'd just switched Jolteon like normal, he could've switched Blissey into a Heracross. Not good.

Say the opponent leads with Milotic, and you lead with Jolteon. Obviously they'd switch, since Jolteon's much faster and is known to use Substitute, meaning Milotic can't Toxic/sleep it. If Jolteon uses Baton Pass, the opponent switches first, so then Jolteon can then pass to an appropriate counter. If, on the other hand, he'd just switched Jolteon like normal, he could've switched Blissey into a Heracross. Not good.
Yeah but if Gyarados comes in a ShadowBall or HP Ice, it'll just set up on you and you can't do shit about it.

He wouldn't. It defies common sense to put the scarf on something with 130 base speed and then drop 252 EVs there. Are you trying to outrun a Ninjask that's been speed boosted for 2 turns?

[thread=17743]Please read this thread.[/thread]
Why is this being shoved down the thoats of every team being posted. We get your view on things but I really can't see anybody caring at this point in time. Good job on being ahead of the game.

anyway this is one of the sexiest teams ever posted imo. Although I don't care much for Ice Fang on T-tar and Shadow Ball on Jolt. Ice Fang really isn't that reliable against that much and T-bolt would do similar damage to anything that SB is super effective against, no?

How much does Adherence Scarf increase your SPD? 1.5x? 2x?

That was actually a question...

========

k', your team is quite offensive and i like it. Mamoswine is very cool. A Sleep Talker with 1/3 chance of attacking first =O, with STAB!

However, Ice Fang on Tyranitar is redundant 'cause you have HP Ice on Jolts and Ice Pebble on M-Swine, but i can't think in other attack... maybe Thunder Fang for Waters or something. Just my opinion.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I don't care for the AS Jolteon, but I suppose if you need to get a drop on Gyarados... Thing is, you really don't need 591 speed. Even if you faced a 264 Gyarados with 2 DDs, you only need 529 speed to beat it (353 start, you don't even need Timid for that). Go with Modest, I'd say.

Your Tyranitar is interesting but probably won't work in the long run, it'll have problems with Swampert, Skarmory, and Kaburadon.

Everything else seems kinda standard... I foresee big issues with CBtar.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well, how do you fix a TTar weak in Advance?
- Swampert
- Donphan

In D/P, there's an additional Hippo
Oh, and you need to get a reliable Dark resist. Heracross is 2HKOed by CBCrunch + Sandstorm IIRC.

Granted, CBTar is still a threat, but then every team has a CBTar weak anyways. That doesn't mean you should not attempt to try and slow its sweeping power by a great amount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)