ORAS OU I suck at teambuilding

Introduction
Here is a team that I spent hours working on, and played so hard, but didn't win a single game. I don't know why It was so bad, but for some reason I must really suck at this game. This team is probably a really bad team and shouldn't be used, but if you want to try it out and see what the problem is, then go for it and let me know what I did wrong.
The Team

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

I chose Ferrothorn because I thought he was pretty fun to use. I also chose him because I heard that Ferrothorn and Suicune worked really well together, as Ferrothorn can add spikes, and Suicune can PHaze, causing the opponents to repeatedly get damaged over and over without making any moves. I also added Leech Seed just in case if Ferrothorn gets low on health, that he can drain some, and added Protect to make it easier for that. I made him very slow on purpose to make Gyro Ball a pretty strong move.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune works really well with Ferrothorn, so I added him on here. Because he needed to last very long, I added Rest, along with Sleep Talk so he can still use his moves. I gave him leftovers for the item so he'll regenerate some health, as well as high EVS in Health and Physical Defense so he'll last longer and not die out so easily. Scald is his primary attack because it can burn opponents, making the PHaze on Ferrothorn's spikes even more ridiculous. However, there are some more pokemon I needed to use to make sure these two pokemon do their job.

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Grass]

I needed a fire type pokemon to complete the FWG core, and Houndoom was the best pokemon I could find. He made a great special attacker, and when he isn't mega evolved, he won't take any damage from any fire attacks, meaning Fire Blast would be useless on him. I put most all of his EVs on Special Attack and Speed, then gave him Nasty Plot so his Special Attack would exceed over 1000. Fire Blast and Dark Pulse are great STAB moves, while the Grass Hidden Power is for the water type pokemon who stand in his way.

Haxorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I needed a pokemon that could stop annoying pokemon that are obsessed with their status moves, so I added Haxorus since not only he can taunt, but I needed to have some dragon type pokemon on the field. I added Dragon Dance to make his Attack and Speed more ridiculous, and for the primary attacks, I put in Outrage and Earthquake. I also chose him because his Mold Breaker Ability can help deal with some of the most annoying pokemon with wonder guard or whatever ability they're using to make the game no fun.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Lets say that Haxorus's Mold Breaker wasn't enough, and it was an item causing the problem. Knock Off can get rid of that, and Tornadus did a good job with it. I also added him because he made a really good pivot, as he can put in a really powerful attack, then switch out, and come back with more health. Hurricane, Superpower, and U-Turn were great moves that provided good coverage, and what I like about that last move I mentioned was that you could immediately switch out before they go and attack. The Assault Vest was added to make his defense higher, which is why he only has damaging moves.

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Finally, I needed some sort of rapid spinner to clear out any hazards that would be used against us, just in case if someone else thought of the idea of using Ferrothorn or some other pokemon like that. Iron Head would be great considering if that one OP pokemon ruining our lives was weak against steel and nothing else, and Toxic would poison the target making it regretting that they ever increased their stats and defeating Ferrothorn and Suicune.

Conclusion

Well, this team may not be the best team because I tried so hard just to make this crap and didn't win a single game. I don't know what I did wrong, but this is the team I came up with, so I guess I do suck at teambuilding.

k. The team's quite nice actually. I'm surprised that you couldn't win a single game because your team may not be good, but it is quite decent. Again, your teambuilding is not the fault here I presume. you're using pokemon that are highly outclassed.

Ferro+Suicune is a decent balanced core I guess. The sets are nice, and even though i would myself run leftovers over chople on ferro, that's completely alright. But after that, the team starts to collapse.

You're using mega-houndoom as your primary, and only form of special offense. I would like to mention here that it is highly, if not completely outclassed by mega-charizard-Y. If you wanna keep the Flash Fire niche to maybe use as a switch-in against a fire type move being used on ferro, Heatran is a better idea.

Haxorus is just.... awkward. It's outclassed in almost every way by other dragon types in OU. I presume that it's high base attack is tempting but it's lackluster bulk allows it to barely take one or two hits. On the other hand, dragonite can live a hit with ease because of it's ability multiscale. And don't think i'm saying this because of my liking of dragonite. You can also use garchomp if you please. Given that you're running excadrill, mold breaker haxorus becomes redundant to say the least. There are also better taunt users, e.g. sableye,bisharp and taunt isn't the quintessential answer to stall.

Tornadus and excadrill aren't 'bad'. keep in mind you're running the straight out smogon set. Also, you're giving special attack too less importance and after houndoom's downfall, your entire team loses to Tangrowth. I would suggest replacing tornadus with a special pokemon(like thundurus), or running heat wave in slot 2.

If you could perhaps give some replays, I may be able to suggest more accurate things as your team should win matches, even as it sits. I guess your greatest weakness is that there is no setup sweeper to act as a wincon to cripple the opposing team. I hope i could help!

Mega zard y:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Heatran:
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice

Dragonite:
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Garchomp:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang/Ice Fang/Iron Tail

The team is proper but you made some misplays which elongated the match greatly. So, here are some usage tips:

i) Don't switch in dnite into an attack/Rocks to preserve multiscale for free ddance
ii) Lead ferro to set spikes
iii) Use special moves on cloyster. It's a physical wall.
iv) Try using /weak [pokemon] to know a mon's resistances/weaknesses
v) Even though you played well, it would be safe to say that your opponent is a beginner as they weren't running a single OU pokemon
vi) Use zard more. It's awesome as the sun reduces damage of water type moves.

gtg rn. will help you later soon. If you have any doubts, pm me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)