I the thunder storm that turned into a tornado

Welcome to my new team the thunderstorm that turned into a tornado baised on tornadous and thunderous -t

so lets get started

politoed @leaftovers

bold
252hp 252 defence 6special attack
scald
ice beam
protect
perish song

politoed is here simply for the rain, shame isn't it? His ability is worth more thna his own existance, but the prievously medicore toad finds himself as a solid conter for a weather starter, he may be a medicore water type but thats it's he is mediocore, he is not bad in any ways his stats are all decent it's just that he is nothing special average, a bit of a dead beat. Here I am using his bulky set, I need rain up and thats pure and simple and a bulky sets lasts longer and is pretty solid too, incase something sets up on the toad I use perish song and protect to stall them out, ice beam helps politoad counter dragons as he can come in on a dd, take an outrage and ko back, it's that simple.

tornadous@life orb

niave
252special attack 6hp 252 speed
hurricane
super power
taunt
u-turn

faster but slightly weaker than tornadous, but he is great, even is 110special attack is solid, just ask latias why it was banned last gen, hurricane is monsterous a stab 120 attack with a good chance of causing confusion or flat out koing shit, super power tkae down blissey and heatran which other wise all me all day, u turn deals damage while i espcape. Pretty standard tornadous for a standard job.

thunderous@choice scarf

timid
252special attack 252 speed 6hp
Thunder
focus blast
volt switch
hp ice

I was going to go for a nasty plot set but i decided a revenge killer is what i need and a powerful force he is, comming off a monsterous 145 base special attack, this thing will stop boosting dragons dead in their tracks and hits really hard ontop of it.

starmie@leaftovers

timid
252special attack 6 hp 252speed
thunder
hydro pump
Ice beam
rappid spin

starmie is here to lay down the hurt while supporting the team, most of the team might let hards set up at some point and it dosn't like it either, stamie loves the rain and has great coverage for the team, for dragons and gyarados ect.

dugtrio@focus sash

jolly
252attack 252 speed 6hp
earthquake
reversal
substitute
stealth rock

death to other weather abuses is the motto of dugtrio, the team is pretty solid so far , but tyranitar terrakion and other weather starters are a pain and we need rid of them and find no better than death to a weather starter against rain teams than dugtrio, hippowdon and abamasnow give him some issues but that are not very common threats and the team cna hadle them anyways.

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

breloom rounds things off here being able to pick off and set up on things like ferrothron, which is a pain and his typing complements the other mons, while he has little touble with enemy rain teams due to a solid move in bullet seed with the potential to out power even super power in terms of raw power and match punch which gives it coverage.

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Protect

Thundurus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Dugtrio (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Illuminate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

This looks like a good rain team, If i could suggest one change. It would be to add SR ( stealth rocks)

To do this you don't have to change any of your mons. Just a simple set change

Dugrtio @ Focus sash
252speed 252atk 6hp
Jolly

Substitute
Reversal
Eq
Stealth rock

This set effectively kills ttar and ninetails just as well if not better than banded dugtrio.
While also more often than not setting up rocks for the team.

great set i really recommend trying it.

This looks like a good rain team, If i could suggest one change. It would be to add SR ( stealth rocks)

To do this you don't have to change any of your mons. Just a simple set change

Dugrtio @ Focus sash
252speed 252atk 6hp
Jolly

Substitute
Reversal
Eq
Stealth rock

This set effectively kills ttar and ninetails just as well if not better than banded dugtrio.
While also more often than not setting up rocks for the team.

great set i really recommend trying it.

seems pretty solid, i forgot dugtrio is solid for rocks, i kinda wnated tranitar dead at all costs but this works too, do you know if duggy gets super power in this gen?

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reversal on Dugtrio is enough to KO Ttar. Having SR is a good idea- set up as they knock you into 1 HP, and then OHKO back with Reversal.

Your team has some flaws- massive weakness to Ice and Grass and particular weakness to Mamoswine. The only problem here is that you have both Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T- who don't exactly have the best synergy defensive wise. Having both Tornadus-T and Starmie pretty much covers Thundurus-T, which is why you don't often see Tornadus and Thundurus on the same team.

I would suggest you switch Thundurus-T with Choice Banded Scizor. Scizor OHKO's Terrakion, Tyranitar, and Abomasnow with Bullet Punch, and there is nothing they can do to stop you. Now, you might think having Scizor / Dugtrio on the same team is also redundant, but Scizor also nails Latias- one pokemon that gives Tornadus-T and Breloom headaches. It's Bullet Punch also OHKO's Mamoswine, and Mamoswine can't don anything back. However, if you really think Scizor and Dugtrio are too similar, you can keep Thundy and ditch Dugtrio for Scizor. Either way, Scizor is one pokemon you definitely will want to use.

If you keep Dugtrio, it needs Stone Edge instead of Substitute. This allows you to take out Volcorona before it takes your whole team out, because it can hit 3 pokemon for an OHKO (after you put in Scizor) Stone Edge also hits other Therians that will try to abuse your Rain.

Good luck!

Scizor @ Choice band
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
~Bullet Punch
~U-Turn
~Pursuit
~Superpower

Reversal on Dugtrio is enough to KO Ttar. Having SR is a good idea- set up as they knock you into 1 HP, and then OHKO back with Reversal.

Your team has some flaws- massive weakness to Ice and Grass and particular weakness to Mamoswine. The only problem here is that you have both Tornadus-T and Thundurus-T- who don't exactly have the best synergy defensive wise. Having both Tornadus-T and Starmie pretty much covers Thundurus-T, which is why you don't often see Tornadus and Thundurus on the same team.

I would suggest you switch Thundurus-T with Choice Banded Scizor. Scizor OHKO's Terrakion, Tyranitar, and Abomasnow with Bullet Punch, and there is nothing they can do to stop you. Now, you might think having Scizor / Dugtrio on the same team is also redundant, but Scizor also nails Latias- one pokemon that gives Tornadus-T and Breloom headaches. It's Bullet Punch also OHKO's Mamoswine, and Mamoswine can't don anything back. However, if you really think Scizor and Dugtrio are too similar, you can keep Thundy and ditch Dugtrio for Scizor. Either way, Scizor is one pokemon you definitely will want to use.

If you keep Dugtrio, it needs Stone Edge instead of Substitute. This allows you to take out Volcorona before it takes your whole team out, because it can hit 3 pokemon for an OHKO (after you put in Scizor) Stone Edge also hits other Therians that will try to abuse your Rain.

Good luck!

Scizor @ Choice band
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
~Bullet Punch
~U-Turn
~Pursuit
~Superpower
I don't want to remove thunderous for anything really and i don't see any weakness to grass as only starmie and politoed are weak to it that are worth mentioning duggy dies too much anyways and mamoswine has issues with politoed and starmie, I thought about him and i juast don't see him as that big of a deal, sorry I know your trying to help, but i can't replace thunderous it would defy the point

Not much I can think of that hasn't already been said, but it'd be nice if you went through and fixed grammer and spelling.

Hello malomyotismon! Pretty solid team you have right here! :)

I have a recommendation to make about Starmie. As you already have two VERY powerful Special Attackers, (Tornadus and Thunderus), I highly recommend you switch to a more bulky variant of Starmie. I recommend this set:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Natural Cure
-Scald
-Psyshock/Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin
-Recover

Starmie's Rapid Spin is very important for this team, as Thunderus and Tornadus take massive damage from SR, and Dugtrio's Focus Sash is broken from hazards as well. As such, keeping Starmie alive for as long as possible to ensure hazards never come up is important. Recover will help you last long, and allows you to continue to sponge attacks. Scald is great as it has the chance of burning many physical threats, such as Gyarados. Psyshock is so you can always beat Gengar, a common spin-blocker who can pose a threat. You can stick with Thunderbolt if you want to handle bulky waters, but they shouldn't pose a problem, given you have Breloom and Thunderus.

That's all I have to say right now, cool team :)

Hello, imo you need a resistance to dragon so you can put Ferrothorn in place of Breloom
You can put nasty plot on thundurus and choice scarf on Politoed, but are just personal taste.
Also, I suggest you use the Export To Test, it takes less time for your RMT and it make better your same RMT.
however, good team

hey i came up with an idea, could a swords dance scizor not be a sutible replacement for breloom, they prefrom similiarly and scizors typing is far more useful for things like mamoswine

and ye i thought a bulky starmie would be pretty sweet too

Scizor over breloom is a viable option for sure.
however you would lose the ability to spore, if you okay with that.

Scizor can take out Mamoswine easily, as well as terrakion and makes a solid check to most dragons...
I might not even use SD scizor and just go straight up banded scizor over breloom, as it traps lati's and wrecks reuniclus much easier.

Just a preferance,

maybe, I updated the thread to have the team copy and paste option for showdon and po testing, and revamped the sets for scizor and starmie

maybe, I updated the thread to have the team copy and paste option for showdon and po testing, and revamped the sets for scizor and starmie
Glad you decided to use my Starmie set! :D
Just one thing, you have him with the ability Illuminate, which is useless. Remember to change it to Natural Cure so you can absorb status!

You have Dugtrio with Sand Veil as well, be sure to change it to Arena Trap! :)

Glad you decided to use my Starmie set! :D
Just one thing, you have him with the ability Illuminate, which is useless. Remember to change it to Natural Cure so you can absorb status!

You have Dugtrio with Sand Veil as well, be sure to change it to Arena Trap! :)
yep i checked before i used the team

i would need some else to do that for me it's a part of my disability, i won't be able to spot the mistakes
I'm a grammar nazi, so I guess I can do that.
(If it's Dyslexia, highlight the text and hit ctrl+c, then ctrl+v where you want the text to go)
Spelling errors:
Title: Remove the I in the front.
First line: You have biased instead of based.
Politoed: You have leaftovers instead of leftovers, you also put in a space after Politoed.
You put a space in front of defense in your EVs.
Thna instead of than, prievously instead of previously, medicore instead of mediocre, conter instead of counter, and medicocre instead of mediocre.
Tornadus-T: Tornadus instead of Tornadus-T, niave instead of naive, superpower doesn't have a space, is instead of his, tkae instead of takes, which other wise instead of which would otherwise, espcape instead of escape.
Thunderous-T: Thunderous instead of Thunderous-T, there is a space in between 252 and speed, ontop instead of on top.
Starmie: Leaftovers instead of leftovers, 6 hp instead of 4HP, hards instead of hazards, dosn't instead of doesn't, stamie instead of Starmie.
Dugtrio: 252 speed instead of 252Speed, we need rid of them instead of we need to get rid of them, cna hadle instead of can handle.
Scizor: Uh, might want to fix to description here.
There! I'll deal with the grammar later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)