I WISH you would stop doing that!

I WISH you would stop doing that

I decided to name this team after what one of my opponents told me after my 13th or so wish pass. The basic idea with this team is to grind down the opponent’s team with the four walls (Alomomola, Cradily, Altaria, and Audino) and toxic and then bring in Luxray and Braviary to and finish it. I have three pokemon with toxic and two Wish Passers/protectors.

Luxray @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
252 Att/ 4 Spec A/252 Spe
Volt Switch (Electric)​
Ice Fang (Ice)​
Wild Charge (Electric)​
Superpower (Fighting)​
This is just about always my lead. Typically, I go one of two routes with this: either use volt-switch to gain some switch advantage, especially if Cradily can get in with little trouble, or I go for damage, particularly if I can 2HKO or OHKO without much difficulty.
Alomomola @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
252 HP/252 Def/ 4 Spec D
Wish​
Protect​
Scald (Water)​
Toxic​
This was originally my go to physical wall, but then I switched Cradily into that role. Alomomola serves as an excellent toxic stall with wish protect and the mono-water typing. I originally had waterfall on this guy to take advantage of his higher physical attack, but after a solid 15 turn stall match with a Muk, I determined that a burn chance might be in order. Particularly given that the battle might have lasted much longer except I got back to back crits.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Trait:Storm Drain
Nature: Bold
252 HP/252 Def /4 Spec A
Stealth Rock​
Hidden Power (Rock)​
Recover​
Toxic​
The most important move for Cradily is, of course, stealth rocks, but he has been able to handle a number of threats very well. I chose Hidden Power Rock for STAB and to hit a broader range of opponents over the HP Fire. I originally had Cradily as a special wall, but I found him to be better suited to tanking physical hits.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spec D
Roost​
Dragon Pulse (Dragon)​
Perish Song​
Heal Bell​
Altaria serves as the much needed heal bell support to keep the team healthy. He can typically switch in on special hits, but I have found him to be the least reliable of my walls especially with stealth rock up, for obvious reasons. I generally try to hold on to him until I need to get rid of some status or I need to take a focus blast for some reason. He is also useful with perish song to (slowly) phaze set ups or to take care of

Audino @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Careful
252 HP/ 4 Att / 252 Spec D
Wish​
Protect​
Toxic​
Return (Normal)​
Audino was the last addition to the team and the extra wish power has definitely extended the staying power of this team. He took the place of Cradily after as the special wall. The extra wish passing and the extra protect are most beneficial when toxic has been passed around a bit. The main drawback is that this choice leaves the team rather lacking in offense, so I chose to go with STAB return instead of doubling down on heal bell.

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Defiant
Nature: Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Brave Bird (Flying)​
Superpower (Fighting)​
U-Turn (Bug)​
Return (Normal)​
This is the poke I use to mop up the opponent’s team once the proper threats have been eliminated; at least that was my intent. What usually happens is I use this guy to threaten out or revenge kill set up users. Most often those set up users go by the name of Gorebyss.

The two biggest problems I have found with this team are poison types and set-up teams. Poison causes the larger problem because of my reliance on toxic. Scald on Alomomola has mitigated the issue to some extent, but I can only use him so much and Haunter can often times threaten him out. Set up teams are mostly a problem when they effectively use heal bell, otherwise Alomomola and Audino can typically stall out enough toxic damage that they either faint or need to switch. Shell Smash sometimes is an issue when Luxray and Braviary can’t get in a solid hit.

Thanks for reading, this was my first RMT and I hope you liked it.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
i'm not sure what role luxray plays on this team since you already have a scarfer. i would suggest replacing it with a hard hitter like choice band sawk which can also prevent the annoying stealth rocks from going up against your team while threatening ice-types such as piloswine and regice which will be hard for you team to take down.

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)