IAR please make my Aurumoth super OP please please please (Gen VII CAP Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
General Rules apply.

With the new generation comes... the need to make our super OP CAP Pokémon even less bearable to deal with in ASB. I'm not going to be super strict on this but don't derail the topic and leave your fanboy urges at the door.

---

Anyway, preliminary moveset additions with (crappy) logic:

Those getting a Level-Up move will have their Level-up movepool retooled.

Syclar: Lunge (Egg)
Syclant: Lunge (Egg)

Not too Farfetch'd, Syclant move really fast and learn a few ramming moves though generic in nature, Lunge makes a natural fit as an Egg Move. Did consider adding First Impression as a possible egg move but decided against it for the moment though I'm not ruling it out.

Revenankh: Brutal Swing (TM)

Lots of Fighting-types get it and Revenankh's arms look like something it can feasibly swing with.

Embirch: Leafage (Lv)
Flarelm: Leafage (Lv)
Pyroak: Burn Up (Lv), Leafage (Lv)

Leafage is a basic Grass-type move that fits with the the Embirch line. Pyroak gets Burn Up as a semi-useful move to deal lots of damage and escape its Fire-typing at the cost of losing STAB Flare Blitz. Makes sense from it overcharging its arm cannons and running out of fire ammo.

Breezi: We'll get right
Fidgit: Back to you

Currently have Spotlight down as Level-up for both and Instruct as Level-up for Fidgit. Both fit from a flavour standpoint given Fidgit's pure utility concept but I am concerned on balance so I am going to sleep on this one for a bit. Did also look at Purify but went "yeah no".

Rebble: Accelerock (Lv)
Bolderdash: Accelerock (Lv)
Stratagem: Accelerock (Lv)

Super fast heap of rock rams into target at full speed, no argument here.

Privatyke: Liquidation (Egg)
Arghonaut: Brutal Swing (TM), Liquidation (Egg)

Liquidation is a welcome buff to the Arghonaut line that gives it a better Physical Attack and it can feasibly ram into things with it. Arghonaut has good enough reach to feasibly use Brutal Swing (Swing Hook and Knife!).

Nohface: N/A
Kitsunoh: N/A

Nothing in the move department really fits. Might consider giving it the dummied out Trick-or-Treat from the last update but that's as far as I am going.

Monohm: N/A
Duclohm: N/A
Cyclohm: N/A

89 moves forever sorry dogfish, couldn't find anything that would make sense.

Colosshale: N/A
Colossoil: Brutal Swing (TM)

It's large, it's mobile, and it can definitely flail its body around wildly. Colossoil only because I really can't see Colosshale using it as a landlocked whale whose movement is limited.

Protowatt: N/A
Krilowatt: Liquidation (Lv)

Krilowatt is the kind of Pokémon who could use Liquidation very easily. Not ruling out giving it Zing Zap but I can't see it being able to become completely ball-like ala Togedemaru for it to be a possibility.

Voodoll: Power Trip (Egg)
Voodoom: Brutal Swing (TM), Power Trip (Egg)

Voodoom could feasible use Brutal Swing similar to Bewear. Power Trip gives it a much needed buff and a way to capitalise on its electric-trolling capabilities. Bulk Up > Power Trip shenanigans anyone?

Scratchet: N/A
Tomohawk: N/A

Can't see anything for it really.

Necturine: N/A
Necturna: N/A

Mollux: N/A

Cupra: N/A
Argalis: N/A
Aurumoth: Psychic Terrain (Lv)

The legendary bug gets a legendary move with legendary implications. Psychic Terrain works fine for Aurumoth from a flavour standpoint given its numerous psychic powers and the ability to learn the useless rooms (Magic/Wonder) so Psychic Terrain is reasonable. Bit iffy on balance since Psychic Terrain + its stats + priority immunity = well... yeah.

Brattler: Brutal Swing (TM)
Malaconda: Brutal Swing (TM)

I mean the Onix line and Serperior gets Brutal Swing so the snakes getting STAB Brutal Swing is pretty reasonable. Did consider Power Trip but Malaconda gets nothing to really take advantage of it so it would be a waste...

Cawdet: N/A
Cawmodore: N/A

I did consider Beak Blast as a possible Egg/Level-Up but it doesn't make real sense considering Toucannon (the only Pokémon with it) has the world's largest beak:body ratio to make use of it. Anchor Shot is a reasonable addition that can be considered.

Gen VI CAP's will focus on fleshing out movepools with some utility thrown in.

Volkritter: Clear Smog (Egg), Ember (Lv), Lava Plume (Lv)
Volkraken: Clear Smog (Egg), Ember (Lv), Lava Plume (Lv)

Ember helps with combo movepools, Lava Plume (and Clear Smog) were allowed for movepool subs and fit into the flavour nicely and give Volkraken extra utility.

Snugglow: Defog (Egg)
Plasmanta: Defog (Egg)

Defog was an allowed move and considering Plasmanta is like an Electric-type Mantine, it's reasonable from a flavour perspective. Also increased utility.

Floatoy: Water Sport (Egg)
Caimanoe: Water Sport (Egg)
Naviathan: Anchor Shot (Lv), Water Sport (Egg)

Water Sport is a reasonable flavour move that further lies into the "I'm a Steel-type who stops Fire-types" nature of the Pokémon. Not fully sold on Anchor Shot but considering its a boat... It doesn't have an anchor though but that didn't stop Wooper from using Ice Punch rofl. Not ruling out giving it Liquidation.

Crucibelle: N/A

Didn't find anything for it really. I considered Purify like with Fidgit but went "No".

???: Aromatic Mist (Egg), Fairy Wind (Egg)
Kerfluffle: Aromatic Mist (Egg), Fairy Wind (Egg)

Aromatic Mist fits in with Aroma Veil and the like Kerfluffle gets and Fairy Wind helps with the combo movepool.

---

This is a preliminary list of the new moves for the CAP's and is subject to change. Please be respectful and leave all salt at the door. You may argue for some additions and removals but you must be very convincing for me to consider it because I am not going to add or remove moves just to satisfy one's personal desires.

Discussion closes when I am ready to introduce Gen VII. There will be no vote on the matter.

Last edited:
Nice list you got here, IAR. Here are some considerations from me:

Syclar: Leech Life (TM)
Syclant: Leech Life (TM)

Mostly redundant, as it already gets the move via level. Just making sure you don't miss it.

Pyroak: NO Burn Up, YES Brutal Swing (TM)

Burn Up is a very exclusive move, shared only by Arcanine, Moltres, and Typhlosion. Not even mons like Magmortar get it. I don't believe Pyroak needs it, competitive wise, and it probably doesn't fit very much flavor wise.
Brutal Swing, on the other hand, fits with Pyroak's general "monstrous" physique - compare it to the likes of Tyranitar, Rhyperior, or Aggron.

Necturine: Leech Life (TM)
Necturna: Leech Life (TM)

Necty gets several moves about absorption via level up (Absorb, Horn Leech), and seems overall fitting for this move. I don't think it would be competitively unbalanced, either.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Mostly looks good, but I would like to suggest we give Kitsunoh Lunge, as it could feasibly be used as a sort of pouncing motion. Also, we could feasibly give Crucibelle Baneful Bunker as it could hunker down inside its pot.

I also support giving Anchor Shot to Cawmodore and Naviathan.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Mostly looks good, but I would like to suggest we give Kitsunoh Lunge, as it could feasibly be used as a sort of pouncing motion. Also, we could feasibly give Crucibelle Baneful Bunker as it could hunker down inside its pot.
No and no. Nothing that isn't a Bug-type learns Lunge so Kitsunoh getting Lunge doesn't make any sense. Crucibelle's pot isn't poisonous for Baneful Bunker to work in poisoning anything making contact, and Mega Crucibelle can't even get into its pot full stop so Baneful Bunker doesn't make sense either.

zarator's suggestions are being considered.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Revision #1

Syclar: Leech Life (TM), Lunge (Egg)
Syclant: Leech Life (TM), Lunge (Egg)
Revenankh: Brutal Swing (TM)
Embirch: Leafage (Lv)
Flarelm: Leafage (Lv)
Pyroak: Brutal Swing (TM), Leafage (Lv)
Breezi: Spotlight (Lv)
Fidgit: Instruct (Lv), Spotlight (Lv)
Rebble: Accelerock (Lv)
Bolderdash: Accelerock (Lv)
Stratagem: Accelerock (Lv)
Privatyke: Liquidation (Egg)
Arghonaut: Brutal Swing (TM), Liquidation (Egg)
Nohface: N/A
Kitsunoh: N/A
Monohm: Swagger (TM)
Duclohm: Swagger (TM)
Cyclohm: Swagger (TM)
Colosshale: N/A
Colossoil: Brutal Swing (TM), Smart Strike (TM)
Protowatt: N/A
Krilowatt: Liquidation (Lv)
Voodoll: Power Trip (Egg)
Voodoom: Brutal Swing (TM), Power Trip (Egg)
Scratchet: N/A
Tomohawk: N/A
Necturine: Leech Life (TM)
Necturna: Leech Life (TM)
Mollux: N/A
Cupra: N/A
Argalis: N/A
Aurumoth: Lunge (Lv), Psychic Terrain (Lv)
Brattler: Brutal Swing (TM)
Malaconda: Brutal Swing (TM)
Cawdet: Anchor Shot (Lv)
Cawmodore: Anchor Shot (Lv)
Volkritter: Clear Smog (Egg), Ember (Lv), Lava Plume (Lv)
Volkraken: Clear Smog (Egg), Ember (Lv), Lava Plume (Lv)
Snugglow: Defog (Egg)
Plasmanta: Defog (Egg)
Floatoy: Liquidation (Egg), Water Sport (Egg)
Caimanoe: Liquidation (Egg), Water Sport (Egg)
Naviathan: Anchor Shot (Lv), Liquidation (Egg), Water Sport (Egg)
Crucibelle: N/A
???: Aromatic Mist (Egg), Fairy Wind (Egg)
Kerfluffle: Aromatic Mist (Egg), Fairy Wind (Egg)

Implemented zarator's suggestions which all made sense, ended the sick joke of how the Cyclohm line doesn't get Swagger (didn't even realise until dogfish joked at me about it), and implemented some other suggested ideas from IRC or ITT (Lunge Aurumoth was an IRC suggestion that I went with based on Mothim and Masquerain getting it). Decided to give Spotlight/Instruct to Fidgit anyway though you peeps have a voice if you disapprove of it. Most are grounded in reasonable logic already mentioned (Caw's are anchor themed, Liquidation is a water charging move the boats can get, everything gets Swagger, etc).

I'll do level up pools in the morning or something so it's not like you peeps don't have ample time to try and throw up a serious argument against some suggestions on balance grounds or whatever (someone try and convince me that Instruct/Spotlight Fidgit and Psychic Terrain Aurumoth are bad ideas).

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Level Up Movepool changes

Embirch
: Leafage is Lv0, Bullet Seed is now Lv21, everything else is unchanged.
Flarelm: Leafage is Lv0, Bullet Seed is now Lv21, everything else is unchanged.
Pyroak: Leafage is Lv0, Bullet Seed is now Lv21, everything else is unchanged.

Breezi: Spotlight is Lv63, everything else is unchanged.
Fidgit: Spotlight is Lv63, Instruct is Lv71, everything else is unchanged.

Rebble: Accelerock is Lv25, everything else is unchanged.
Bolderdash: Accelerock is Lv25, everything else is unchanged.
Stratagem: Accelerock is Lv25, everything else is unchanged.

Krilowatt: Liquidation is Lv68, Hydro Pump is now Lv73, everything else is unchanged.

Aurumoth: Lunge is Lv74, Psychic Terrain is Lv81, everything else is unchanged.

Cawdet: Anchor Shot is Lv57, everything else is unchanged.
Cawmodore: Anchor Shot is Lv62, everything else is unchanged.

Volkritter: Ember is Lv6, Lava Plume is Lv34, everything else is unchanged.
Volkraken: Ember is Lv6, Lava Plume is Lv35, everything else is unchanged.

Naviathan: Anchor Shot is Lv0, everything else is unchanged.

EDIT: Added Smart Strike to Colossoil's TM Movepool after being prodded by deadfox at the eleventh hour and I see nothing wrong with it (didn't give it a thought beforehand) so added.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)