Identity Duplicity (new experimental game) Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Identity Duplicity

Identity Duplicity is a game I came up with (although it's probably been done before, I haven't bothered searching Google or anything) where, basically, you must fool everyone else into thinking you aren't you.

There will be twelve players and each of them must PM me an alias that they desire to use for the game. Aliases may be a maximum of 30 characters in length. All of the players and aliases will be posted in the main topic in alphabetical order when the game starts.

Following this, there will be a repeated process I've decided to call 'periods'. Each period will last for 24 hours (unless I can't be on to update at the deadline). During each period, all players will be required to do three things, and they are listed as follows:

1. Players must submit a message to be posted by the host that must be at least 25 words in length. It must make sense and be written in English. No player may submit the same message more than once during the entire game. Players may submit the same messages as others have submitted, however.
  2. Players must submit one alias that they wish to know the identity of. The identity of the alias submitted will be privately told to the player at the beginning of the next period.
  3. Players must submit a list of aliases and players which correspond to their guesses about which alias belongs to which player. You may not submit incomplete lists.
There is also a single-use ability that players may elect to use for a period. This ability is to check how many of the aliases in the list submitted for that period correctly correspond to the players. You will not be told which, however.

The penalty for failing to submit a message is that for the next two periods, no lists or aliases are to be submitted by that player. There is no penalty for failing to submit the other two parts, however, because that's just disadvantaging yourself. Any players that get substituted in for inactive players will assume the alias of the player they are subbing in for.

Players should attempt to work out which player is which alias through the alias, messages, and through talking to the players on IRC, the forums, in the thread, etc.

The game ends once one or more players manage to submit an entirely correct list. The winner(s) of the game will be the player(s) who submits an entirely correct list first.

Example Legal Message:
Dogfish45 said:
I understand that the crocodile awaiting me in your moat is very hungry, but don't you think that we could talk for just a little while longer?
This message is written in English and is 27 words in length. The alias that posted it was Dogfish45. This is an example of a legal message.

Aardvark - chaos
cyber_fishin - cyzir_visheen
U_D - Umbreon Dan
baptista_regime - AvatarST
Green Machine - Dogfish44
suspiciousman - dak

Assuming there were only six players, this would be a legal list.

I'm going to be selective with signups (it won't be first come first served or whatever) but sign up anyway if you want to throw your name in the hat! These will be open for 24 hours or until I think I have enough players.

List of Signups
Raikage
KnightoftheWind
Fishin
MagicMaster87
imperfectluck
GTS
aamto
Kharozz
asim
Stallion
LonelyNess
dak
LightWolf
Accent
Gmax
Team Aether
Bass
Dubulous
HD
Da Letter El
Blackhawk11
ExplorerAce
Kannon
Xyphang
billymills
Eo Ut Mortus
-Mind-
twash
Mekkah
evan
Pidgeot79
supermarth64

Also if you have any questions feel free to ask!

[14:01] <Earthworm> i hope nobody gets it right on the first period
[14:01] <Earthworm> that would suck
[14:04] <Earthworm> knowing Raikage
[14:04] <Earthworm> he will get it
[14:04] <Earthworm> ;(

Noblesse Oblige

A question about the messages. I assume they work like announcement roles in mafia games (like that philosopher's book from Viva La Mafia), but will they be anonymous, or will we be told which alias posted which message?

Also, in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)