If you want the Regis, just ask them politely. King Serperior Vs. Complications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for me to get back into reffing!!

Complications! I, the King of all Serperior, challenge you!!!

3v3 singles
NFE Pokemon
DQ = 2 days
No recovery and 3 chills
All abilities
No items
Switching causes a Blissey to lop the head off of mon with a machete!!

The arena:
Name: CAP ASB arena with 4 special guests.
Description: this is the standard arena. There are 4 special guests who were invited today. They are Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigus. They will be sitting at a table with the Ref and they have translators so he/she can understand them. At the end of each round, there is a 25% chance of one of the guests being impressed.
1). Regice is impressed: all mons gain a +2 Sp Atk boost until the end of the round.
2). Regirock is impressed: all mons gain a +2 Atk boost until the end of the round.
3). Registeel is impressed: all Mons gain a +2 Def and Sp.Def boost until the end of the round.
4). Regigigus is impressed: All mons use 0 energy for all attacks until the end of the round.

Complications, do you accept this challenge?
I accept! Now I just need the greatest ref to ever exist!!!!!!
See if you can find the subtle edit I made to Complication's post...

And just look at this arena! Yeah, it is just the standard ASB arena, but that's not important. What is important is that we now have a judge's table. And look who the judges are; Regirock, Registeel, Regice, and Regigigas! All these people scaling Timeless Tower, and all I had to do was invite them here. Just don't tell them about the pokeballs I've got waiting for them...

Anyway, let's get the match underway, shall we?

King Serperior's Team;
Nidoran♂ [Tyrant] (male)
Nature: Mild (+1 SpA, -1 Def)
Type:
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Poison Point: (Can be disabled) This Pokemon’s spikes/quills/thorns are coated in poison, and there is a 30% chance of poisoning any foe that uses a contact attack on this Pokemon. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).
Rivalry: (Innate)This Pokemon has a primal response to competition and mating, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its attacks by two (2) when it attacks an opponent of the same gender in the same Egg Group, and decreasing the power of all its attacks by two (2) when it faces an opponent of the opposite gender in the same Egg Group (Monster/Ground are used for Nidorina/Nidoqueen).
Hustle(DW -Locked): (can be enabled)This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-def)
SpA: Rank 3 (+ SpA)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 50
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 3/9
MC: 6
DC: 3/5
KOC: 3

Attacks:
Leer(*)
Peck(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Tackle(*)
Horn Attack(*)
Double Kick(*)
Poison Sting(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Fury Attack(*)
Helping Hand(*)

Sucker Punch(*)
Head Smash(*)
Confusion(*)

Sludge Bomb(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Ice Beam(*)

Move Number: 16

Embirch [Firestorm] (Male)
Nature: Rash (+1 SpA, -1 SpD)
Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming “powder” attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Battle Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick armor prevents it from taking critical hits.
Chlorophyll (DW - Locked): (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+SpA)
SpD: Rank 1 (-SpD)
Spe: 50
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 2/9
MC: 6
DC: 3/5
KOC: 2

Attacks:
Bullet Seed(*)
Sweet Scent(*)
Absorb(*)
Growth(*)
Ember(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Flame Wheel(*)
Giga Drain(*)
Fire Spin(*)

Seed Bomb(*)
Earth Power(*)
Dragonbreath(*)

Flamethrower(*)
Energy Ball(*)
Overheat(*)

Move Number: 15

Riolu [Goku] (Male)
Nature: Naughty (+1 Atk, -1 SpD)
Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Steadfast: (Innate)If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Inner Focus: (Innate)When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Prankster(DW - Locked): (Innate)The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+Atk)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 1 (-SpD)
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 2/6
MC: 4
DC: 2/5
KOC: 2

Attacks:
Quick Attack(*)
Foresight(*)
Endure(*)
Counter(*)
Force Palm(*)
Feint(*)
Reversal(*)
Screech(*)

Crunch(*)
Bullet Punch(*)
Detect(*)

Rock Slide(*)
Shadow Claw(*)
Earthquake(*)

Move Number: 14

And Complication's Team;
Pawniard (Optimus) (M)

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Type:

Dark: Dark STAB; immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Defiant:
Type: Innate
The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's Attack or Ability, its Attack increases by two (2) stages. Attack Boosts gained this way are not subject to deterioration that round.

Inner Focus:
When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Pressure (Locked) (DW)
This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Torment (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Metal Claw (*)

Sucker Punch (*)
Psycho Cut (*)
Stealth Rock (*)

Swords Dance (*)
Taunt (*)
Brick Break (*)

Gastly (Frenzy) (M)

Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +29% ACC)

Type:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading the Ground moves Bulldoze, Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude. Earth Power will have three (3) less Base Attack Power. Dig and Dive can strike a Levitating Pokemon if their user is over Size Class 4, has Levitate, is 3.5m or larger, or is a Flying-type. Otherwise Dig and Dive will miss. Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
Spe: 92 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/9

Attacks:
Hypnosis (*)
Lick (*)
Spite (*)
Mean Look (*)
Curse (*)
Night Shade (*)
Confuse Ray (*)
Sucker Punch (*)

Perish Song (*)
Disable (*)
Clear Smog (*)

Dream Eater (*)
Will-O-Wisp (*)
Sludge Bomb (*)

Staryu (Soundwave) (Genderless)

Nature: Timid (-Atk, +Spe, +22% ACC)

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Illuminate:
Type: Can be Activated
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intense light that blinds all opponents, reducing their Accuracy stage by one (1). The accuracy drop will last six (6) actions after the Pokemon is released.
Command: (Ability: Illuminate)

Natural Cure:
This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Analytic: (DW) (Locked)
If this Pokemon attacks after its target during an action, its attacks have two (2) more Base Attack Power.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 98 (+)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle (*)
Harden (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rapid Spin (*)
Recover (*)
Camouflage (*)
Swift (*)

Surf (*)
Ice Beam (*)
Thunderbolt (*)

Aurora Beam (*)
Barrier (*)
Supersonic (*)

King Serperior laid down the challenge, so he sends out his first pokemon, then Complications sends out his first pokemon and issues orders, then King Serperior issues orders.

Hmm... Let's see. I know! Gastly will show the snake king what a true special monster is! Gooooooo Frenzy!

(I wonder what the edit could be... Maybe red? No, greates in the world :P)

Gastly! Begin the assault!
Hypnosis-Curse-Dream Eater

If Hypnosis misses, sub Hypnosis for Curse.

This is my first time reffing in 4 months, so please bear with me if I mess anything up.

90 HP
100 Energy

Vs.

90 HP
100 Energy

As the four legendary Golems of the Earth watch on, it's time for our battle to get underway!

Frenzy, Complication's Ghastly, starts things off against King Serperior's Embirch, Firestorm, by lulling his opponent to sleep with Hypnosis, and it connects! This could be very bad for the Embirch, as he sleeps through what would have been his first attack! Allow me to quickly note that in the Anime, Ghastly would be awarded the win for that one move. Don't believe me? Ash's Squirtle lost because he was hit by Sleep Powder in the Kanto League. I'm just sayin', be glad that doesn't exist here in CAPland, or whereever we're supposed to be. But I'm getting off-topic...

Frenzy takes advantage of the free time he now has and places a terrible Curse on Firestorm, but at great cost to his own health, if ghosts even have those. I'm not really sure how that works...Anyway, Firestorm seems to sense the urgency, and wakes up to immediately surround himself in a Wheel of Flame, and hurls himself into Frenzy. The Ghastly is taken so off-guard by the strike that he is unable to prevent himself from suffering a burn. Okay, how did that even just happen? Ghastly isn't even solid, how do you burn it? I don't understand.

Frenzy, unlike me, isn't stopping to ponder what just happened, and instead tries to Eat Firestorm's Dreams, even though Firestorm is now awake and doesn't have any, the move fails. Firestorm wastes no time in resuming his offense and belches out a Flamethrower, dealing very solid damage to Frenzy, as both the Curse and the Burn take their toll on their respective victims. And if you've read this, you will now view all Flamethrowers as the pokemon using it burping fire at it's opponent. You're welcome.

Embirch
Flamethrower
Sleep

Flame Wheel
RNG roll to crit; 8272 = no crit
RNG roll to burn; 722 = burn
[6 + 3 + (2 - 2)*1.5] = 9 Damage, 3 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Flamethrower
RNG roll to crit; 6916 = no crit
[10 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5] = 16 Damage, 6 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Ghastly
Hypnosis
RNG roll to hit; 8035 = hit
RNG roll for duration; 5900 = 1-Turn Sleep
7 Energy

Curse
-45 HP
26 Energy

-2 HP (Burn)

Dream Eater
Failed
12 Energy

-2 HP (Burn)

For some reason, the actions you two have committed here thus far impressed Registeel beyond all reason. It has decided to bestow a gift upon the competitors, a boost to both your defenses for the next round!
RNG roll for effect; 7030 = Registeel is Impressed
All pokemon receive +2 Def and +2 SpD next round only

80 HP
91 Energy
Cursed

Vs.

16 HP
55 Energy
Burned

Well competitors, was this what you expected? King Serperior, you're up next! Also, I encourage you both to look at the data and look for anything that seems wrong, feel free to call me out if you do.

Actually, since King Serperior ordered second last round, he orders first this round. It alternates to avoid giving one person a constant advantage in counter-attacking.

It looks like you mean to Disable Flamethrower, but you have to state which move you want to Disable, since you can target any move he used in the three actions prior to the Disable.

80 HP
91 Energy
+2 SpD, +2 Def
Cursed

Vs.

16 HP
55 Energy
+2 SpD, +2 Def
Burned

Alright, since Registeel is done boosting your defenses, let's get back to the action!

Firestorm prepares another Flamethrower, which would all but finish Frenzy. Frenzy sees it coming, and taps into his other-worldly powers to Disable Firestorm's deadly burp. Due to this trickery, Firestorm forgets how to burp fire, and his Flamethrower fails, as his Curse takes more of his health, while Frenzy struggles to deal with his Burn.

Frenzy pulls a familiar technique from his bag of tricks, and uses his Hypnosis to put Firestorm to sleep once again. You'd think the same trick wouldn't work two rounds in a row, but it is! Firestorm is sleeping, and it's clear the curse is still draining his health.

Frenzy goes to Eat Firestorm's Dreams again, and this time his target is still asleep! That looks like it hurt, a lot!! Firestorm finally comes to, and, just like last time, catches Frenzy off-guard with his Flame Wheel, this time he hit the weak spot and scored a critical hit! Let's see how they're holding up down there;
Embirch
Flamethrower
Failed, 10 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Dragonbreath
Sleep

-5 HP (Curse)

Flame Wheel
RNG roll to crit; 14 = crit
[6 + 3 + 3 + (2 - 2)*1.5] - 2*(1.75) = 8.5 ~ 9 Damage, 3 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Ghastly
Disable Flamethrower
7 Energy

-2 HP (Burn)

Hypnosis
RNG roll to hit; 4405 = hit
RNG roll for duration; 6645 = 1-Turn
7 Energy

-2 HP (Burn)

Dream Eater
RNG roll to crit; 2884 = no crit
[10 + (4 - 1)*1.5] - 2*(1.75) = 11 Damage, 5.5 ~ 6 restored, 12 Energy

-2 HP (Burn)

Are any of the judges impressed? For no apparent reason, Regirock is!
RNG roll for effect; 2949 = Regirock is Impressed
Both pokemon gain +2 Atk next round only

54 HP
78 Energy
Cursed

Vs.

7 HP
29 Energy
Burned

Now, Complications, you order first this round, then King Serperior.

Just wondering have you been applying this?

Dream Eater: The Pokemon absorbs the energy of a sleeping Pokemon's dreams, restoring half of the damage caused to the foe in HP to the user. If used in combination with Hypnosis, the damage done will not trigger any sleep reduction. This move fails if the target is awake.

Yes, but it hasn't actually mattered yet. He woke up that action because of the sleep counter, not from damage.

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering because it didn't mention it it the calcs.

Frenzy's on the ropes here... That crit ruined him. If I use hypnosis, it could miss. If I don't, I will most likely faint. I have a tough choice... Let's bring that thing down!
Perish Song-Sludge Bomb-Confuse Ray

54 HP
78 Energy
+2 Atk
Cursed

Vs.

7 HP
29 Energy
+2 Atk
Burned

I may add flavor later. I'm not in the mood now. Enjoy.
Embirch
Flame Wheel
RNG roll to crit; 5067 = no crit
[6 + 3 + (2 - 2)*1.5] + 2*(1.75) = 12.5 ~ 13 Damage, 7 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Ghastly
Perish Song
15 Energy

RNG roll for effect; 1728 = Regice is Impressed
Both pokemon gain +2 SpA next round only

49 HP
71 Energy
Cursed, Perish Song (2 Rounds Remain)

Vs.

0 HP
14 Energy
KO'ed

Complications, you must send out your next pokemon, then King Serperior will issue his actions, then Complications will issue orders.

Staryu dive deep down in the water! Follow it up with surf and then Ice Beam!
Dodge-Surf-Ice Beam
(Does going underwater have merit against aerial attacks?)

49 HP
71 Energy
Cursed, Perish Song (2 Rounds Remain)

Vs.

90 HP
100 Energy

And let's get back to the action. Regice has granted both pokemon a special attacking boost. How are these Regi's even doing that anyway, I don't understand. Oh well. I'm not here to understand, I'm here to needlessly dictate what's happening.

Soundwave the Staryu takes the field for Complications to finish the job against Firestorm the Embirch. Firestorm gets ready to focus a Ball of grassy Energy. Soundwave sees it coming and dodges the attack by diving into the water in the middle of the arena.

Soundwave then uses the water it surrounded itself with to summon a mighty wave of water, and Soundwave can even be seen Surfing the wave right before it crashes into Firestorm. Once Firestorm is able to get back to his feet, he makes a special connection with Soundwave, and (Giga) Drains the Staryu's health, nailing it right in the gem for a critical hit. That restored a good amount of health, but the Curse Frenzy left behind continues to take its toll.

Soundwave keeps up the offense, hoping to remove the health Firestorm just gained back, by firing an Ice Beam at Firestorm, dealing some solid damage. Firestorm tries launching an Energy Ball at Soundwave, hitting it for just as solid damage.

Embirch
Energy Ball
RNG roll to hit; 9270 = miss
5 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Giga Drain
RNG roll to crit; 517 = crit
[8 + 3 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*1.5 + 2*(1.75) = 29 Damage, 14.5 ~ 15 restored, 11 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Energy Ball
RNG roll to crit; 3443 = no crit
RNG roll for SpD drop; 9486 = no SpD drop
[8 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*1.5 + 2*(1.75) = 24.5 ~ 25 Damage, 5 Energy

-5 HP (Curse)

Staryu
Dodge
20 + ((98 - 50)/5) + 22 = 51.6%
5 Energy

Surf
RNG roll to crit; 6815 = no crit
[10 + 3 + (3 - 1)*1.5] + 2*(1.75) = 19.5 ~ 20 Damage, 6 Energy

Ice Beam
RNG roll to crit; 8596 = no crit
RNG roll to freeze; 4557 = no freeze
[10 + (3 - 1)*1.5] +2*(1.75) = 16.5 ~ 17 Damage, 7 Energy

Regice continues to be impressed, more so than any other judge.
RNG roll for effect; 1395 = Regice is Impressed
So, I guess nothing changes whatsoever

12 HP
50 Energy
Cursed, Perish Song (1 Rounds Remain)

Vs.

36 HP
82 Energy

Firestorm is tearing up Complications' team. Can Complications turn it into a win? Find out, as its Complications' turn to order next!

12 HP
50 Energy
Cursed, Perish Song (1 Rounds Remain)

Vs.

36 HP
82 Energy

Regice refreshes its blessing upon both competitors, so let's get back to fighting!

And this round is over as quickly as it begins, as Soundwave rides the tide and brings it crashing down upon Firestorm with a mighty Surf, finally doing in the brave Embirch, Firestorm has been KO'ed!!
Staryu
Surf
RNG roll to crit; 5164 = no crit
[10 + 3 + (3 - 1)*1.5] + 2*(1.75) = 19.5 ~ 20 Damage, 6 Energy

This time, the treacherous waters have impressed Registeel. Apparently he isn't afraid of rusting.
RNG roll for effect; 5140 = Registeel is Impressed
All pokemon gain +2 Def/SpD next round only

0 HP
50 Energy
Cursed, Perish Song (0 Rounds Remain)
KO'ed

Vs.

36 HP
76 Energy

King Serperior must send out his next pokemon, then issue actions, then Complications will issue actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)