Rules
Format: 3v3 Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
Switch = OK
Restricted Moves: 5 Chills
Abilities: All
Items: None

Arena: Inside of Mount Ember
The inside of Mount Ember, smoky enough for darker pokemon to be slightly camouflaged though not enough to impair vision a huge amount. The heat is bearable for all but the weakest of Pokemon.
I. iiMKUltra will send out his first Pokemon
II. LifeAdmiral will send out his first Pokemon
III. LifeAdmiral will issue commands
IV. iiMKUltra will issue commands
V. I will ref
VI. iiMKUltra will issue commands
VII. LifeAdmiral will issue commands
VIII. I will ref
IX. Repeat III through VIII as necessary

Sorry I couldn't get this up sooner guys, my netbook was doing it's thing where it won't let me submit anything (Like an OP for a match for example). It'll either be fixed or I'll set my desktop by tonight, I'm using a library one at the moment.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tremble you weaklings, cower in fear
I am your ruler, land, sea and air
Immense in my girth, erect I stand tall
I am a nuclear murderer I am Polaris, go!

Sorry, been out all day. I choose you, Cesternino!

Spoink (*) [Cesternino] (M)
Nature: Modest (+Special Attack, -Attack)

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: (-)
Def: **
SpA: **** (+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 60

Hit that evil Koffing with a Confuse Ray! Then use Calm Mind to buff up your skills and aim a Psybeam at him! If he uses a move like Toxic to try to poison you, throw up a Magic Coat instead of your move!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
First, use Smog to fill the arena with poisonous smoke. His eyes won't be used to it, though we'll be able to see right through it. If he tries to reflect it back, don't worry - we're immune. Hopefully his confuse ray will miss. Then go for a Will-O-Wisp, unless he tries to Magic Coat again, in which case Sludge Bomb as often as you can.

Smog - Will-O-Wisp/Sludge Bomb if he Magic Coats - Sludge Bomb

Rules
Switch = OK

Each trainer throws the first pokeball to reveal their starters for today.

For the Seeker iiMKUltra...

Koffing [Polaris] Male
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Health: 90
Energy: 100%
Boosts: None
Other: None

Atk: ** (-)
Def: **** (+)
SpA: ***
SpD: **
Spe: 35

And the Challenger LifeAdmiral...

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
Health: 100
Energy: 100%
Other: None

Round 1 Start!
The match begins with two dark colored pokemon, both almost matching the lingering smoke enough to blend but neither is currently hard to find for the opponent. Cesternino has the greater quickness to land a first strike, but under its trainer's command to deflect status moves it instead waits cautiously. Polaris takes no mind to this, and releases a sickening Smog into the field that Magic Coat would do no good against and it leaves Cesternino with a poisoned status just the same. Despite the combination of smog and smoke it is no trouble for Cesternino to locate Polaris from their time spent focusing on him and hit him with a Confuse Ray that puts him into a state of Intense Confusion.

Immediatly afterwards Cesternino relaxes and his newly Calm Mind raises his special prowess in terms of both offense and defense. Cesternino makes no attempt at a Magic Coat now however, already being poisoned means protection from a move like Toxic. Polaris capitalizes on its meditating foe to up the ante in terms of status infliction and with its Will-O-Wisp Cesternino becomes burned on top of poisoned.

Clearly not enjoying the afflictions Cesternino finally mounts an offensive and blasts Polaris with a super-effective Psybeam. Despite vision being slightly less clear than at the battle's start Cesternino can clearly see the reeling Polaris preparing a Sludge Bomb for retaliation, but hitting itself in confusion. Cesternino is still in no position to enjoy this display yet, his own afflictions will last far longer than his opponent's.
Round 1 End

Setting Info:
Neither Pokemon has neared the other yet and they are distanced between 10 and 15 feet apart with room to move about in any direction. The smoke and heat have no effect on the battle. What lingers of Polaris's smog however may veil a Koffing, but not conceal it to the point of hiddeness or complete safety.

Koffing [Polaris] Male
Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Health: 68
Energy: 91%
Other: Confused (2 more turns)

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Health: 83
Energy: 85%
Boosts: +1 SpA, +1 SpD
Other: Poisoned, Burned

As for the last post trust me I know, my life's been hellish the last few days. I know I'm not being a very good ref at the moment but I didn't forget about this I just have had a lot of other crap to deal with on top of computer problems. It's seriously demoralizing to type all of this without being able to copy-paste and having your browser crash on top of real life stuff. This was supposed to be up at least a day ago but I couldn't bring myself to try again until now. That and I've avoided this because I was expecting *another* VM reminding me I'm a slow ref ruining people's ASB, that seriously makes me not visit these forums for hours at a time I could be doing this.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Spoink should actually be badly poisoned due to Koffing's poison STAB.

Sludge Bomb - Pain Split - Sludge Bomb, Clear Smog if he tries to Calm Mind at any time.

<iiMKUltra> but
<iiMKUltra> oh wait
<@Objection> Toxic is a move that causes bad poison
<iiMKUltra> that's weezing only actually
<Life> Yeah
<iiMKUltra> you should be normal posioned
<Life> I'll post that in my post
Yeah.

We got him on the ropes, Cesternino! Now let's finish him off! Use Charge Beam and follow it up with a Psybeam and another Confuse Ray!

Referee Training Grounds said:
Three lines in particular represent the manifestation of Poison typing. Weezing, Muk and Dasutodadu are the representations of gaseous, liquid, and solid waste (Swalot is literally a gigantic stomache, sorry Swalot). When they use a Poison-type attack representing their form (Weezing Smog, Muk Sludge/ Bomb, Dasutodasu Gunk Shot) it has a chance to inflict Toxic poisoning instead of the regular variety.
If I'm looking at that wrong please tell me, I won't be able to ref this round until I get back from lunch in a couple hours.

I interpreted it as being the whole evolution lines, fixed the last post.

Rules
Switch = OK

Recap
Setting Info:
Neither Pokemon has neared the other yet and they are distanced between 10 and 15 feet apart with room to move about in any direction. The smoke and heat have no effect on the battle. What lingers of Polaris's smog however may veil a Koffing, but not conceal it to the point of hiddeness or complete safety.

Koffing [Polaris] Male
Health: 68
Energy: 91%
Other: Confused (2 more turns)

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Health: 83
Energy: 85%
Boosts: +1 SpA, +1SpD

Round 2 Start!
Now bearing the burden of two ailments Cestrnino sees no need for patient counter statusing with Magic Coat, instead mounting an offensive starting with a Charge Beam to punish his foe. Not only does this dole out solid damage, but it temporarily raised Cesternino's aptitude for Special Attacks (Special attak +1). Adding insult to injury a rattled Polaris with intent to strike back hits itself in confusion, snapping itself out the disoriented state.

Stronger than ever Cesternino launches another Psychic assault at the Koffing. The psybeam leaves a battered Polaris, who decides to split its suffering between the two of them and relevel the playing field with Pain Split.

Weakened from Polaris's last move Cesternino takes an indirect approach to attack, and dazzles Polaris with another Confuse Ray in hopes he will spend more time hitting himself than his enemy. The gambit doesn't pay off, not immediately at least, because in spite of his Intense Confusion Polaris manages to end the round with a strike on the proper opponent. A foul Sludge Bomb connects and both figuratively and literally leaves Cesternino in the position Polaris himself had been backed into not long ago.
Round 2 End

Setting Info:
Pokemon still remain distanced. They've been moving, but only in a circular motion like boxers that leaves them opposite their original starting point so far. Polaris's smog, however minor its effect, has since dissipated and only the greyish smoke comes between the two.

Koffing [Polaris] Male
Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Health: 60
Energy: 66%
Other: Confused (5 more turns)

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Health: 49
Energy: 73%
Boosts: +1 SpA

LifeAdmiral's turn to move first

C'mon Cesternino, we got this!

Start with Lucky Chant this time! Then follow it up with a Psybeam and then Whirlwind that Koffing out of here!

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Try Clear Smog until you do it, then Sludge Bomb as much as you can. If your health goes below 25, drop everything and Pain Split.

Rules
Switch = OK

Recap
Setting Info:
Pokemon still remain distanced. They've been moving, but only in a circular motion like boxers that leaves them opposite their original starting point so far. Polaris's smog, however minor its effect, has since dissipated and only the greyish smoke comes between the two.

Koffing [Polaris] Male
Health: 60
Energy: 66%
Other: Confused (5 more turns)

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Health: 49
Energy: 73%
Boosts: +1 SpA

Round 3 Start!
Cesternino has yet to be hit by a critical hit, but as a preventative measure he recites a Lucky Chant to keep himself safe. Polaris is content to attack without a shot at hitting critically however, and resets the stat boosts of his opponent by Clearing the Smog.

Cesternino still launches an assault against his foe, strengthened mental prowess or not. The Psywave still deals heavy damage. A confused Polaris manages to focus enough to deliver a Sludge Bomb to the eyes of Cesternino. Despite the hit landing at a critical area the damage was no harder to shrug off than the last because of the surprisingly lucky Lucky Chant only moments earlier.

Whether a sign of feeling defeat or readiness to challenge another opponent Cesternino lets out a terrifying Whirlwind. The light smoke has became thicker when all blown together. Inside the dark cloud Polaris attempts to launch one final attack before he is flung too far back, but he hits himself in confusion.
Round 3 End

Setting Info:
The smoke is mostly condensed around iiMKUltra. His Pokemon will be shrouded in it, concealing it if it is dark but its own vision will be hindered as long as it stays still. Cesternino, able to see the cloud, will have a better time finding the opponent initially than the opponent will have finding him.

Koffing [Polaris] Male
Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Health: 42
Energy: 57%
Other: Switched Out

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Health: 21
Energy: 53%
Other: Poisoned, Burned, Lucky Chant (4 more rounds)

iiMKUltra send out a new Pokemon and issue commands

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Going for Banquo the Nohface.

Shadow Sneak, followed by Faint Attack, then another Shadow Sneak, try and get it down as fast as possible.

Just an announcement, my laptop broke today and I'm typing with the 1/4 of a screen I have left. It might not be until Sunday until I can ref this, if you're both okay with that it's what I'll do. Otherwise you'll have to find a new ref.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NB: Life and iiMKultra asked me to sub in as their Ref in the place of Chomper

Rules
Switch = OK

Nohface [Banquo] Male
Nature: Adamant (+Atk - SpA)
Health: 100
Energy: 100
Boosts: none
Other: none
Atk: ***(+)
Def: ***
SpA: (-)
Spe: 10

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Health: 21
Energy: 53%

Round 4 Start!

Both trainers are fighting hard here and in such a hot battlefield focus is the key. Banquo appears from its ball, wincing a little at the heat. However, confident it has the advantage it suddenly vanishes into thin air! Suddenly fearful Cesternino swivels around searching for its target when suddenly Banquo appears from behind slamming into Cesternino with a powerful Shadow Sneak. Cesternino goes flying but, purely on reflex, blasts a beam of Red light from its orb which connects with Banquo. Banquo appears confused, as it wonders what just happened. Cesternino, still shaken by the Shadow Sneak, gathers itself and blasts off a Charge Beam! Its Orb glows Yellow and then a crackling beam of electricity blasts into Banquo. Cesternino's Orb still glows with electrical power, apparently the excess energy has resulted in a Special Attack Boost!

Desperate for revenge Banquo attempts to melt into the shadows but instead sees Cesternino's mocking face reflected into the ground. Full of rage it smashs itself into the ground not once, but twice! Keen to remind Banquo where he actually is Cesternino fires off another Charge Beam, this one, more stronger than the last. Again, a direct hit knocks Banquo to the ground, the excess energy again boosting Cesternino's special attack. However, Cesternino gives a sudden wince of pain. Its very clear that with poison and Burn seeping though its body, it cannot last for long.

After an action packed round both trainers survey each other, debating on what to do

Nohface [Banquo] Male
Nature: Adamant (+Atk - SpA)
Health: 76
Energy: 98%
Boosts: none
Other: none

Spoink [Cesternino] Male
Health: 4
Energy: 32%
Boosts: +2 Special Attack

LifeAdmiral it is now your move. iiMKUltra will follow.

o.k guys thats the first round of a CAP ASB match I have reffed. Please let me know how I did and inform me of any mistakes (if any) that I did. Also a note on Confusion. The confusion Level was Slight and thus it has worn off.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I REALLY hate to do this but...

Life has been DQ, iiMKUltra Wins!

iiMKUltra

Gets 2 Trainer Counters
Polaris gets one evolution counter, 1 DW counter and 1 Move counter
Banquo gets one evolution counter, 1 DW counter and 1 Move counter

LifeAdmiral

Gets 2 Trainer Counters
Cesternino gets one evolution counter, 1 DW counter and 1 Move counter

Me:

Seeing as I subbed in for Chomper and 2 rounds were not reffed (I only did one) I get no Reff counters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)