Il Pleut

Hey there
Having just got into competitive battling after the drizzle and swift swim ban I decided to make a rain team to see what all the fuss had been about. It has been a fairly successful team and peaked 81st on the pokemon online server ladder with a rating of 1414, However after starting to use the smogon server which has a higher level of skill I realised there were a few flaws in my team that needed solving which is why I have come here, I could really use some help with this team to make it better, so enjoy:

The team:​

Politoed @ choice specs
Trait: drizzle
Nature: Modest (+spa - atk)
Evs: (252 spa/ 252 hp/ 4 spd)

-hydro pump
-hidden power (grass)
-ice beam
-focus blast
This is my rain inducer and staple of any rain team as he brings infinite rain. I usually lead with him unless i see a ferrothorn lead in which case i go for toxicroak or sometimes i lead with garchomp if they have a ninetales or a tyranitar. Choice specs is for the most power and he does not disapoint doing ohkoing most tyranitar with focus blast and ohko ing hippowdown with hydro pump. I play him quite aggresively as he can ohko ninetales tyranitar and hippowdown and remove them as a threat. Under rain nothing without water absorb or a 4x water resist can safely switch into hydro pump as even ferrothorn is 3 hkoed and so are some blissey. Hp grass is so jellicent does not wall me and for the occasional gastrodon or quagsire and ice beam is for dragons. This guy really is key to the team but sometimes he dies to quickly as i play him aggresively i could really use some suggestions on an effective bulky set as i am reluctant to give up choice specs as he is one of my 2 special attackers and skarmoury would wall me.

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Trait: Sand veil
Nature: jolly ( +spe -spa)
Evs: 252 atk/ 4 hp/ 252 spe

-outrage
-earthquake
-stone edge/dual chop
-aqua tail

Garchomp is my revenge killer and dragon killer. Scarfchomp is a beast and kills any non scarfed non +1 dragons and can clean up late game with his fantastic stabs coming off base 130 attack. Stealth rock is because he forces a lot of switches and if i predict right i can get off rocks which help a great deal against sun teams, however as i usually mispredict i end up losing a key player. I am running jolly so i can outspeed and ko other scarfed and +1 dragons except the lati twins and threats like +1 volcarona. Aqua tail gets a boost under rain and can do some damage to gliscor who walls this set. Stone edge is for the genies but its 80% accuracy has cost me a few games and i am considering dual chop for sub breaking especially whimsicott who subseeds this entire team and laughs.

Azumarill@ choice band
Trait: huge power
Nature: adamant (+atk - spa)
evs: (248 hp/252 atk/ 8 spe)

-aqua jet
-waterfall
-return
-superpower

This guy is a behemoth under the rain with 654 attack and dual stab aqua jet which can revenge kill destroy sand teams and do a chunk to a lot of pokes. Under sand he always ohko's excadrill which is handy as when i see him on team preview the opponent is essentially playing with 5 pokemon unless they play very cleverly around azumarill. waterfall will do a large chunk to anything and superpower is for tyranitar and ferrothorn ohkoing both. return is mostly for consistent power on things that resist water but it means jellicent walls the hell out of this set. He is the first form of priority on this team one of my big physical hitters.

Toxicroak @ Black sludge
Trait: Dry skin
Nature: adamant
Evs: (248 hp/252 atk/ 8 spe)

-Bulk up / swords dance
-drain punch
-sucker punch
-substitute

This guy is a very underrated threat however i have been seeing a lot more or him recently. I put him in to replace thundurus after being 6-0 ed by one and he is great. He sets up on ferrothorn and easily dispatches it with sub blocking thunder wave and after boosting a few times he is only countered by other toxicroaks which is why i am running 8 speed evs to make sure he wins those match ups. Drain punch and sucker punch provide almost perfect coverage and sucker punch has priority to combat his low speed and when i am at +3 attack sucker punch koes reuniclus who tries to kill me with a 4x effective psychic. He also absorbs toxic spikes which is a bonus as this team has no spinner. With dry skin and black sludge i regain 3/16 of my health every turn under rain and with drain punch i can go from red to full health in one turn. I originally ran bulk up then switched to swords dance for more immediate power and am now running bulk up again specifically to beat gliscor who walls the swords dance set unless i am at +6 but i have found that most gliscor tend to carry taunt or swords dance so i could use some advice on which one to run.

Tornadus@ sharp beak
Trait: Prankster
Nature: timid (+ spe -atk)
evs: (252 spe/252 spa/ 4 hp)

-hurricane
-grass knot
-tailwind
-hammer arm

My main special sweeper this guy is a juggernaut with 100% accuracy hurricane under rain which destroys anyone who doesnt resist it. Grass knot can hit the ttar switch in for 50% and also handles quagsire and gastrodon who can be very hard to kill. Hammer arm is a nice move to kill tyranitar without the very shaky accuracy of focus blast which can make or break a game. I used to run life orb but sharp beak is better as it only has 10% less damage and can bluff a choice item, which is great as someone brings in their tyranitar to absorb a choiced hurricane and recieve a hammer arm to the face. Tailwind is a nice option to give me some extra momentum but i am thinking of changing it for either taunt or rain dance for dealing with other weather and whimsicott respectively.​

Scizor @ leftovers
Trait: technician
Nature: adamant ( + atk - spa)
evs ( 8 spe/ 248 hp/ 76 atk/ 176 spd)

-bullet punch
-swords dance
-bug bite
-roost

This is my third form of priority and my only dragon resist i usually switch him in on outrages or draco meteors and then swords dance and do some damage with my stabs. Under rain he only has a 2x fire weakness which is very handy. I used to run superpower but now run roost for the longevity as i have 4 other team members with fighting moves. This guy fulfills a lot of rolls checking latios and latias reuniclus and all other dragons, being the only steel type gives him a handy set of resistances but also means he takes a lot of punishment as i switch him in to absorb resisted attacks, which is the main reason im running roost.

TEST MEMBER

here is a team member i am currently testing out over garchomp and he is doing very well indeed and will probably replace garchomp in the near future.

Deoxys-S @life orb
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Naive (+ spe -spd)
Evs: 252 spe/252 spa/4 hp

-Psycho boost
-superpower
-ice beam
-thunder

This is deoxys-s but i could only find a deoxys sprite. He is my new revenge killer and sometimes lead replacing garchomp as i only had 2 special attackers. A rather unorthodox set he surprises some people when he grabs a ko instead of spiking and he absoultely rapes offensive teams as most of the time there fastest poke is a scarfchomp who this guy handily outspeeds. Superpower absolutely destroys tyranitar getting a ohko as they try to pursuit me thinking im a lead set. psycho boost is great for taking out fighting and poison types and also does 70% roughly to rotom w who really is a pain in this teams side. Ice beam is a great move on this set as this guy outspeeds scarfchomp and all other scarfed base 100's and ohko's and also takes out most +1 dragons who are 4x weak to ice. Thunder is a great move with 100% accuracy in rain and takes care of skarmoury gyarados and jellicent all who otherwise caused me problems. Overall this guy is grabbing at least one maybe 2 ko's per match and is well on his way to replacing garchomp.

This team has a lot of flaws which i could use some help with firstly status moves wreck this team and i have no absorbers or status spreaders on the team. I also get ruined by stall as i have no spinner and my opponent can switch between skarmoury and blissey endlessly to wall me. Another pet hate i have is gliscor especially ones running protect as they can lock my azumarill into a move and switch into a resistor. Rotom w also is a great threat to this team and i usually have to sack a pokemon either politoed or garchomp to deal with it. Specially defensive jirachi can also take politoeds hydro pump and tornadus' hurricane and begin spreading paralysation through this team which is really annoying. I also think that this team could slot in a calm mind virizion somewhere as i feel he would solve some of my issues and provide another special attacker as tornadus dies quickly. Overall i would really like some help with this team and a rate is much appreciated i will put in an importable below if you would like to try out the team.
Thanks for viewing I hope you enjoyed the team, have a good day.

Ps
Thanks to aragornbird for the sprites

Politoed @ choice specs
-hydro pump
-hidden power (grass)
-ice beam
-focus blast

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Nature: adamant ( +atk - spa)
-outrage
-earthquake
-aqua tail
-stone edge

Azumarill@ choice band
-aqua jet
-waterfall
-return
-superpower

Tornadus@ Sharp beak
-hurricane
-grass knot
-tailwind
-hammer arm

Toxicroak @ Black sludge
-Bulk up / swords dance
-drain punch
-sucker punch
-substitute

Scizor @ leftovers
-bullet punch
-swords dance
-bug bite
-roost

First off, your importable is hidden now and just copy and paste pictures from the internet, that should work.
Now for the team rate, it looks like a pretty good team, although there are a few changes I would make.
For Politoed, I would recommend using it in a more conservative style because you have not other way to induce rain and need it for your team to work. Try using this set.
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability- Drizzle
Nature- Calm
EV's- 252 HP, 176 Def, 80 SDef
1. Protect
2. Toxic
3. Encore
4. Scald
Runs as a psuedo-double status pokemon. Protect is for stalling out toxic damage and leftovers recovery, Encore is one of the most annoying moves out there, and Scald is for damage and the chance to burn. Most people will say to run Surf there since I already have a status move, but It has saved me many times, so its up to you.
For Garchomp, there is no reason to be running Stealth Rocks here because you are basically telegraphing that you are switching out once you have them set up because you are stuck using them, which can let the opponent set up and sweep. Switch Stealth Rock to Stone Edge and Aqua Tail for the last slot. I would also run Jolly, not Adamant, but that is almost entirely a matter of opinion.
Azumarrill is fine as it is.
For Toxicroak, I would run Swords Dance so you can hit hard more quickly. I would also recommend that you don't run Black Sludge as an item because if it gets tricked off of you, it can get tricked back on someone else and that can hurt, plus leftovers does the same exact thing. I would recommend running a Life Orb, although if the recoil is offputting you could use Expert Belt or even Leftovers.
For Tornadus, I would recommend replacing Grass Knot with Focus Blast, which gives you great coverage alongside Hurricane and also has a great base power and it covers you Porygon 2 problem, although it misses a ton. As for lasting longer, Tornadus's only recovery option is Rest, which get nerfed, and Leftovers, which make no sense because he is a sweeper, so let him be a glass cannon as he should.
Scizor's set is fine, although I generally run brick break over Superpower on the Swords Dance set because the Attack drop is annoying. I also don't understand the EV spread at all, although if it is that variable, then I guess you have a reason for having it. But the standard is 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Spd if you want to run that.
Hope I helped.

First of all, Don't thank me for the Pictures, those are courtesy of aragornbird, so thank him.

Hey there

Having just got into competitive battling after the drizzle and swift swim ban I decided to make a rain team to see what all the fuss had been about. It has been a fairly successful team and peaked 81st on the pokemon online server ladder with a rating of 1414, However after starting to use the smogon server which has a higher level of skill I realised there were a few flaws in my team that needed solving which is why I have come here, I could really use some help with this team to make it better, so enjoy:

The team:​

Politoed @ choice specs

-hydro pump
-hidden power (grass)
-ice beam
-encore

This is my rain inducer and staple of any rain team as he brings infinite rain. I usually lead with him unless i see a ferrothorn lead in which case i go for toxicroak or sometimes i lead with garchomp if they have a ninetales or a tyranitar. Choice specs is for the most power and he does not disapoint doing 60% to most tyranitar in sand and ohko ing hippowdown with hydro pump. Under rain nothing without water absorb or a 4x water resist can safely switch into hydro pump as even ferrothorn is 3 hkoed. Hp grass is so jellicent does not wall me and ice beam is for dragons. This guy really is key to the team and i want some way to make him more survivable i have been considering rest or toxic in place of encore which i never use and i could really use some advice on a set for this guy.

I saw someone using a more bulky Politoed (forget who it is) with Perish song so as to pHaze a little... perhaps you may want to look into it? you have no real special wall, but 2 choiced sweepers already...

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Nature: adamant ( +atk - spa)

-outrage
-earthquake
-stealth rock
-stone edge/ aqua tail

Garchomp is my revenge killer and dragon killer. Scarfchomp is a beast and kills any non scarfed non +1 dragons and can clean up late game with his fantastic stabs coming off 394 attack. Stealth rock is because he forces a lot of switches and if i predict right i can get off rocks which help a great deal against sun teams, however as i usually mispredict i end up losing a key player. Adamant is for that extra power as you dont see too many scarfed base 100's and they will assume you are running max speed and back out anyway, the extra power is a must in my opinion as i never really fancy my chances in a speed tie as i usually lose them anyway and there are 3 priority users on this team if i back out. The last slot is still up for grabs and i could use some advice as stone edge is for the genies and zapdos but the 80% accuracy has cost me a game or two and aqua tail is for gliscor who is a real pain for this team.

Azumarill@ choice band

-aqua jet
-waterfall
-return
-superpower

This guy is a behemoth under the rain with 654 attack and dual stab aqua jet which can revenge kill destroy sand teams and do a chunk to a lot of pokes. Under sand he always ohko's excadrill which is handy as when i see him on team preview the opponent is essentially playing with 5 pokemon unless they play very cleverly around azumarill. waterfall will do a large chunk to anything and superpower is for tyranitar and ferrothorn ohkoing both. return is mostly for consistent power on things that resist water but it means jellicent walls the hell out of this set. He is the first form of priority on this team one of my big physical hitters.

Choiced Azumarill, one hell of a sweeper, Like you said, Return will mean you are walled by Jellicent, but you will probably need to switch out after a superower/aqua jet anyway, so that's no problem...

Toxicroak @ Black sludge

-Bulk up / swords dance
-drain punch
-sucker punch
-substitute

This guy is a very underrated threat however i have been seeing a lot more or him recently. I put him in to replace thundurus after being 6-0 ed by one and he is great. He sets up on ferrothorn and easily dispatches it with sub blocking thunder wave and after boosting a few times he is only countered by other toxicroaks which is why i am running 8 speed evs to make sure he wins those match ups. Drain punch and sucker punch provide almost perfect coverage and sucker punch has priority to combat his low speed and when i am at +3 attack sucker punch koes reuniclus who tries to kill me with a 4x effective psychic. He also absorbs toxic spikes which is a bonus as this team has no spinner. With dry skin and black sludge i regain 3/16 of my health every turn under rain and with drain punch i can go from red to full health in one turn. I originally ran bulk up then switched to swords dance for more immediate power and am now running bulk up again specifically to beat gliscor who walls the swords dance set unless i am at +6 but i have found that most gliscor tend to carry taunt or swords dance so i could use some advice on which one to run.

Bulk Up > SD on This guy - The physical Defence, coupled with a Substitute/Sucker Punch will allow you to be a real threat
If you use Bulk Up, you may want to add some special Defence (maybe swap some attack or speed EV's?) investment for better mixed defences/less need to switch out.

Tornadus@ Life Orb

-hurricane
-grass knot
-hidden power (ice)
-taunt

My main special sweeper this guy is a juggernaut with 100% accuracy hurricane under rain which destroys anyone who doesnt resist it. Hp ice is for dragons and grass knot is for things like quagsire and gastrodon who are 4x weak to it it also does about 50% to tyranitar and if i hit him on the switch he is in big trouble. Taunt is to shut down phazers and stat boosters and occasionally comes in handy. With life orb this guy dies very quickly especially as he is weak to stealth rock and i have no spinner, i could really use some suggestions on how to increase his longevity. One thing that can wreck me is if a porygon2 switches into this guy and obtains prankster through trace, with priority thunder wave and recover he is nigh on indestructible and can wreck my team so i was wondering if this guys dream world ability has been released yet.
Looking at the Tornadus Analysis, they Reccomend Focus Blast over Grass Knot - this will OHKO T-tar if G-knot does ~50% damage (2HKO)
Taunt, while being a bastard of a move, may not be as useful as it seems, I haven't found many taunt users this gen, and perhaps U-turn/Nasty Plot may be more useful? If you choose Nasty Plot, Leftovers/Focus Sash would be better than LO

Tornadus @ Leftovers
Timid
4hp/252sa/252spd
-Nasty Plot/U-turn
-Hurricane
-Focus Blast
-HP Ice

Scizor @ leftovers

-bullet punch
-swords dance
-bug bite
-superpower

This is my third form of priority and my only dragon resist i usually switch him in on outrages or draco meteors and then swords dance and do some damage with my stabs. Under rain he only has a 2x fire weakness which is very handy. Superpower is to kill tyranitar, ferrothorn and magnezone who try to trap me. The evs are just a random concoction of my own to add to his survivability and 8 speed evs are to outrun other scizor and ko them with superpower after a swords dance. I could use some help on an ev spread or a set that is more effective as i still take a lot of damage from a latios specs draco meteor and i dont have roost for longevity. I orginally ran a ferrothorn in this spot but changed to scizor for a more offensive threat and because he is so overused especially on rain teams.

Swords Dance Scizor can be deadly, but watch out for Dragons that carry Fire moves! (also pokes that Carry HP Fire, as they can be quite Deadly if you can't bullet punch them first)

This team has a lot of flaws which i could use some help with firstly status moves wreck this team and i have no absorbers or status spreaders on the team. I also get ruined by stall as i have no spinner and my opponent can switch between skarmoury and blissey endlessly to wall me. Another pet hate i have is gliscor especially ones running protect as they can lock my azumarill into a move and switch into a resistor. Rotom w also is a great threat to this team and i usually have to sack a pokemon either politoed or garchomp to deal with it. Specially defensive jirachi can also take politoeds hydro pump and tornadus' hurricane and begin spreading paralysation through this team which is really annoying. I also think that this team could slot in a calm mind virizion somewhere as i feel he would solve some of my issues and provide another special attacker as tornadus dies quickly. Overall i would really like some help with this team and a rate is much appreciated i will put in an importable below if you would like to try out the team.
Thanks for viewing I hope you enjoyed the team, have a good day.

Ps
Thanks to dark pulse for help with this rmt :)

Comments/changes in Bold

I'll look for the RMT with the Bulky Politoed

thanks for the rates
Im currently trying out that bulky set for politoed jirachinaught but i find that now skarmoury completely walls me so i am also trying out the original set but with focus blast to take care of tyranitar, and have replaced taunt with focus blast on tornadus but im keeping grass knot so that i can grab a clean ko on gastrodon or quagsire who can cause me a lot of trouble. I am considering replacing tornadus with thundurus as people are preparing for him more often now. I will also try out nasty plot tornadus to see how he fares.

Changes are in bold.

Politoed @ choice specs
Evs: (252 spa/ 252 hp/ 4 spe)

-hydro pump
-hidden power (grass)
-ice beam
-fous blast/perish song

Focus blast is great on this politoed as it can 2hko ferrothorn and 1hko many types of ttar even in a sandstorm. If you don't like the accuracy risk, perish song is another option to help against the last member of a stall team or a slower boosting threat.

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Nature: Jolly ( +spe - spa)

-outrage
-earthquake
- aqua tail
-stone edge

You should never run stealth rock on a choice locked pokemon, it reduces momentum and provides a deadly set up opportunity for the opponent. A jolly nature will enable it to beat 1+ threats such as Salamence and Volcarona. Garchomp's 102 speed is just too good to give up and the damage boost provided by adamant is often negligible anyway.

Tornadus@ Life Orb

-hurricane
-focus blast
-hidden power (ice)
-taunt/grass knot

Focus Blast is a must on this set as it provides excellent coverage when used in combination with Hurricane and allows Tornadus to deal with a lot more popular threats. Grass Knot doesn't hit very many pokemon harder then either Hurricane or Focus blast so is not really needed.

Finally, having 3 choice pokemon makes battles a lot harder as the opponent will have many more free turns while you are forced to switch out due to being trapped into a move. A pokemon that may fit in well to your team is starmie as it will provide strong attacks boosted by drizzle (water stab and thunder), can rapid spin for the team and absorb status with its ability.

Starmie@ Life Orb/leftovers
Trait: natural cure

-hydro pump/surf
-thunder/thunderbolt
-ice beam/recover
-rapid spin

A lot of slashes, but you can either make it offensive or defensive depending on need and preference. I am not sure which team member could be removed to make way for it however.

OMG NOT ANOTHER RAIN TEAM! Lol sorry, been seeing a lot of these lately. Well lets get to the rate!

Politoed @ choice specs

-hydro pump
-hidden power (grass)
-ice beam
-focus blast
This is my rain inducer and staple of any rain team as he brings infinite rain. I usually lead with him unless i see a ferrothorn lead in which case i go for toxicroak or sometimes i lead with garchomp if they have a ninetales or a tyranitar. Choice specs is for the most power and he does not disapoint doing ohkoing most tyranitar with focus blast and ohko ing hippowdown with hydro pump. I play him quite aggresively as he can ohko ninetales tyranitar and hippowdown and remove them as a threat. Under rain nothing without water absorb or a 4x water resist can safely switch into hydro pump as even ferrothorn is 3 hkoed and so are some blissey. Hp grass is so jellicent does not wall me and for the occasional gastrodon or quagsire and ice beam is for dragons. This guy really is key to the team but sometimes he dies to quickly as i play him aggresively i could really use some suggestions on an effective bulky set as i am reluctant to give up choice specs as he is one of my 2 special attackers and skarmoury would wall me.

Hmm I don't think toed can really run specs that well. If you're gonna run a choice set, run scarf. But you have two other choiced pokemon, so I think you should make this a bulky toed. Bold nature, 252 HP, 192 Defense, and the rest in Special defense. Try a moveset of surf, ice beam, toxic, and encore/protect/rest. I don't know much about rain but that set has worked for me.

Garchomp @ choice scarf
Nature: jolly ( +spe -spa)

-outrage
-earthquake
-stone edge/dual chop
-aqua tail

Garchomp is my revenge killer and dragon killer. Scarfchomp is a beast and kills any non scarfed non +1 dragons and can clean up late game with his fantastic stabs coming off base 130 attack. Stealth rock is because he forces a lot of switches and if i predict right i can get off rocks which help a great deal against sun teams, however as i usually mispredict i end up losing a key player. I am running jolly so i can outspeed and ko other scarfed and +1 dragons except the lati twins and threats like +1 volcarona. Aqua tail gets a boost under rain and can do some damage to gliscor who walls this set. Stone edge is for the genies but its 80% accuracy has cost me a few games and i am considering dual chop for sub breaking especially whimsicott who subseeds this entire team and laughs.

Scarfed Garchomp, hmm not sure how I feel about that yet. Let's just say it can make or break teams. You only have one true special attacker, two if you include toed, so I think you should replace this with a LO mix thundurus. Max speed and SpA with the last four invested in defense. DON'T put them in HP! He has 299 HP, which is a LO number. You can give him a moveset of taunt, tbolt, HP ice, and HAMMER ARM (gotta troll those chanseys lol)!

Azumarill@ choice band

-aqua jet
-waterfall
-return
-superpower

Run ice punch over return. That's all I can really say.

Toxicroak @ Black sludge

-Bulk up / swords dance
-drain punch
-sucker punch
-substitute

Well first of all, don't leave toxicroak in against gliscor. Not a great idea. And stick with swords dance. You need the immediate power, and you have a sub up, so you know, it doesn't really matter. Put lefites over blacksludge. Trick users can trick twice donchaknow and can effectively cripple two members of your team.

Tornadus@ Life Orb

-hurricane
-grass knot
-hidden power (ice)
-focus blast

My main special sweeper this guy is a juggernaut with 100% accuracy hurricane under rain which destroys anyone who doesnt resist it. Hp ice is for dragons and grass knot is for things like quagsire and gastrodon who are 4x weak to it it also does about 50% to tyranitar and if i hit him on the switch he is in big trouble. Focus blast is primarily to kill tyranitar and has excellent coverage with hurricane but the accuracy has cost me games . With life orb this guy dies very quickly especially as he is weak to stealth rock and i have no spinner, i could really use some suggestions on how to increase his longevity. One thing that can wreck me is if a porygon2 switches into this guy and obtains prankster through trace, with priority thunder wave and recover he is nigh on indestructible and can wreck my team so i was wondering if this guys dream world ability has been released yet.
I am a bit unsure of this guy as he seems to be less effective as the metagame progresses and i am thinking of removing him for his brother thundurus and would appreciate some set suggestions for me to try out.​

This is a good set. Nothing really resists flying. Try running choice specs.

Scizor @ leftovers

-bullet punch
-swords dance
-bug bite
-superpower

This is my third form of priority and my only dragon resist i usually switch him in on outrages or draco meteors and then swords dance and do some damage with my stabs. Under rain he only has a 2x fire weakness which is very handy. Superpower is to kill tyranitar, ferrothorn and magnezone who try to trap me. The evs are just a random concoction of my own to add to his survivability and 8 speed evs are to outrun other scizor and ko them with superpower after a swords dance. I could use some help on an ev spread or a set that is more effective as i still take a lot of damage from a latios specs draco meteor and i dont have roost for longevity. I orginally ran a ferrothorn in this spot but changed to scizor for a more offensive threat and because he is so overused especially on rain teams.

Roost > superpower. Just saying. Hmm I gonna boost my attack and then lower it! Brilliant! And 8 speed EVs is standard, so you're not really outspeeding them. I honestly think you should change him for ferrothorn but that's just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Hi Razza

This looks like a solid Rain team. One thing I notice though is the lack of entry hazards on your team. The usage of Stealth Rocks can benefit a team like this, especially when fighting the weather war (al other weather leads are either weak to SR or Spikes). Therefor I suggest Ferrothorn instead of Scizor. I know you tried that in the past but your team already has enough offensive pokes that keep pressure on the opponent and the ability to set up Stealth Rock (or Spikes) will greatly benefit your team.

On Politoad, Perish Song should be your main option in the last slot. It allows you to abuse entry hazards as well as screwing with Shell Smash passing team and last poke Reuniclus.

To improve your Tornadus, I will firstly suggest Leftovers on him. His weakness to Stealth Rocks (you don't have a spinner) and Life Orb recoil will make him die fast. You could also go for a mixed set here (Hurricane, Hammer Arm, HP Ice, U-turn) which is a dangerous set, especially with hazards up.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team.

Hey thanks for the rates I am currently trying out sharp beak over life orb to bluff choice specs on tornadus and also in place of hp ice i am tring out tailwind and rain dance because otherwise i am just wasting his great ability and leaving myself open for a porygon2 to come in, steal it then wreck havock with it. I am also trying out a life orb deoxys-s over garchomp as with max speed he can revenge on other dragons and outspeed other scarf base 100's. I am running thunderbolt, ice beam, psycho boost, superpower and thinking about stealth rock as well.

hi this is a nice drizzle team. i don't have much to say since it is a very solid team but i'd like to recommend a little something different on scizor. scizor is your only dragon resist and even with that sdef investment it's not going to be taking too many draco meteors and outrages from things like latios garchomp. i'd like to see you running roost on there somewhere. this gives you much more longevity and with roost you can take those draco meteors and outrage all day long. i think superpower is the move to go. even though it beats heatran and ferrothorn. croak would like ferro around anyway as it gives croak some room to set up.the rest of your team isn't too troubled by ferro anyway since almost everything can 3hko or 2hko. if you do decide to run roost you could try running life orb instead of leftovers as the added power helps a lot and gives you the boost you need to clean up late game with scizor. this is a solid team already gl

Hey there champ,

First off nice team, but I think with Deoxys-S > Garchompt there is going to be some trouble. Without Garchomp you're going to be vulnerable to Electric type attacks especially from fast/bulky Pokemon. The have no trouble switching into Poli(faster)/Toxi(faster)/Tornadus(if faster)/Azu(bulky and faster) and Scizor and I'm sure they will dent if not OHKO most of your Pokemon. I think that you ought to keep Tornadus specially based, seeing as how I doubt a Hammer Arm will OHKO a Chansey (being actually suprisingly bulky on the physical side.) Fighting + Flying gets some damn god coverage and I see you use Tailwind aswell :P. In all honesty, as good as Deoxys-S is I would stick with Garchomp, but change him to a SD variant with SD/Aqua Tail/Dual Chop/EQ. Seems better and allows you to get on top of sand like that if they lack a phazer in Hippowdon or Skarmory. If you want more assurance against SS teams you can drop Aqua Tail for Substitute.

Gl

Thanks for the rate dezza
On the matter of garchomp and deoxys i am really missing out on the electric immunity but its only a test member and i will see how it fairs. I am also considering changing hammer arm back to focus blast after i failed to ko a tyranitar yesterday but i will also try out both and see how they do as I have exams atm and not a lot of time. I also find the garchomp suggestion interesting and will try it out as specially defensive parahax jirachi with wish really kills my team, and with paralysis support a sub sd set could cause some havoc with hax as i have found out first hand.

Hi Razza, I think a specially defensive Jirachi would be a great replacement over Scizor on your team for several reasons. Jirachi can easily check Reuniclus, Latios and Latias and it also gives your team some much needed entry hazards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)