1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

I'll Try OU....

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Dragon Master Seth, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Dragon Master Seth

Dragon Master Seth

So yeah, this is me trying out an OU team. I don't want weather at all, to, as Ironic as it sounds, Over Used.

1: Dragonite Ability: Multiscale
    Item: Leftovers Nature: Jolly
    Evs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP
    Move-Set: Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Fire Punch
    Dragon Claw

So as a staple poke that I will never let go, dragonite.
    I will always Love dragonite, no matter what. Screw salamance, I'm bulky!
    But anyways, dragonite is my bulky Set-up sweeper. Fire/water coverage with waterfall and fire punch, and dragon claw for stab without getting locked into a move. Obviously I've got an Ice weakness, dragon weakness and a Stealth rocks weakness to cover, let's try to do that.

2: Forretress Ability: Sturdy
    Item: Leftovers Nature: Careful
    Evs: 252 HP 252 Spd 4 atk
    Move-Set: Rapid Spin
    Volt Switch
    Stealth Rocks
    Toxic Spikes

He's a cover to all of my dragonite's weaknesses. However, just relying on this poke alone would be idiotic considering my level of skill. So I must atone to his weaknesses, namely fire. With the EV investments Dr Ciel Suggested, I can take a more physical beating now.. I'll also need a way to get rid of Spin-blockers.

3: Scizor Ability: Technitian
    Item: Choice Band Nature: Careful
    Evs 252 HP 252 atk 4 spd
    Move-Set Pursuit
    Bullet Punch
    U-turn
    Super Power

The only Spinblocker I've seen in OU is gengar so I got scizor to Choice Band Pursuit him, and to sweep occasionally. Care Nature to be able to take anything Gengar has to throw at him. That's what I got him to do, if there are any other Pursuiters, tell me! I changed the move pool with U-turn and Super Power for better coverage and U-turn Utility.

4: Heatran Ability: Flash Fire
    Item: Leftovers Nature: Calm
    Evs 248 HP 252 Spd 8 Spa
    Move-Set Toxic
    Protect
    Lava Plume
    Roar

I switched out vaporeon for Heatran as Dr Ciel Suggested, and found it good, However I found Stealth rocks to be useless to an extent considering I'll set them up with forre and replaced it with roar to phase. Also, Specially attacking heatrans with earth power, I can't to anything too, as well as gastrodon. (I've seen gastrodon Run Earthquake o.O) Also, as well as vaporeon before him, vaporeon with hydration, life orb, and attacking moves walled me, and took out everyone exept Thundorus-T, who I'll explain bellow more.

5: Thundorus-Therian Ability: Volt Absorb
    Item: Choice Scarf Nature: Modest
    Evs 252 Spa 252 spe 4 hp
    Move-Set Thunder-Bolt
    Focus blast
    Hidden Power Ice
    Volt Switch

He'll cover the team's general electric weakness, however I'm stacking on my SR weakness... I gave him a scarf to outspeed and severally damage all opposing pokes, I might switch him to a ground type, I'm not sure.... However with a scarf he is unable to OHKO/ 2HKO most special walls, like vaporeon, who can OHKO my frail thundorus-T back after taking the damage. Blissey and chansey are out of the question for even CONSIDERING OHKO/2HKOing.
    I'm getting to the end, what else is there?

6: Chansey Ability: Natural Cure
    Item: Eviolite Nature: Calm
    Evs 252 def 252 Hp 4 Spd
    Move-Set Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic
    Aromatherapy

Espeon just wasn't enough of a dedicated special wall/utility, so I swapped out with chansey, who get's aromatherapy to help with status.
    Eviolite and Full defense EVs to be able to take weak physical attacks and Psyshock from Latias/Latios. For what it's supposed to do, chansey is much better than Espeon.

That's MY OU team! Please be sure to rate me on my Team and my writing skills, I'm still working on both! Please say something!
    As a side note, I would love suggestions for how to Improve my weaknesses that I have mentioned above. Thanks!
  2. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

Hey there, and props to you for using a weatherless team! Weatherless is less common in today's metagame due to the abundance of sand and rain teams. Moving on, you seem to have a good understanding of who does what and other things like that. Anyways, I'm not here to ramble, I'm here to rate this team to help it improve, so that's exactly what I'm going to do here. Okay, firstly, you seem to have a weakness to sub sweepers, most notable Venusaur and Victreebel, as aither of them can come in on Forretress, even Vaporeon and proceed to setup Growth and then sweep your team as you have literally nothing that resists their many coverage moves. To help remedy this, I will suggest that you replace your Vaporeon with a Specially Defensive Heatran. When you put Heatran into your team, dealing with Fire types and sun sweepers become so much easier due to Heatrans sky high Special Defense. Moving on, I would like to make some nitpicks to your EV spreads and movesets. On Forretress, you should use a 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD over your current spread. The aftermentioned spread helps you deal with physical hits much much longer. Moving on, I would suggest a Standard CB Scizor over your current set. The set listed above helps you OHKO a lot of threats to your team, such as Terrakion, Mamoswine and others. Well, that's all I have to say for this team. I hope my advice helped just a bit. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Sets (open)

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Flash Fire

Nature: Calm - EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd

- Toxic
    - Protect
    - Lava Plume
    - Stealth Rock

[​IMG]
    Scizor @ Choice Band Lv. 100 -- Technician

Nature: Adamant - EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd

- Pursuit
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)