1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

ILLEGAL MOVESETS

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Vein, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vein

Vein

I've been looking for this in smogon but can't find any.. is there a way to list all illegal combinations of movesets/abilities of a certain poke? this is a good reference for team building for newcomers and seasoned players alike.
  2. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

On Pokemon Online, it tells you if you have an illegal move set/ability and doesn't let you use the pokemon in battles. So no problem there.

If you're using pokesav (or any other device like it for that matter), whether it's legal a move set or not you're hacking. And hacked pokemon aren't allowed on smogon on last time I checked.

Even if this hypothetical list was made, couldn't you answer whatever question you had with a google search? Just throwing that out there. Anyway, hopefully this has been helpful.
  3. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

For the time being, use http://veekun.com

Don't always trust Pokemon Online's Team Builder, since some move legalities must be hard coded to work. For example, Moxie + Outrage Salamence is still illegal and must be implemented in the next version (unless I'm horribly mistaken?) In short, don't trust a simulator's team builder, use the internet).

Stuff like this should probably be asked in the Simple Questions / Simple Answers.
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You're horribly mistaken :p. There are a couple of very corner case situations where PO's teambuilder is known to be inaccurate (some specific four move combinations for evolve-with-move pokemon, though that may have been solved without me noticing), but otherwise it's by far the best/easiest to use you'll find (unless there is a 5th gen version of this I'm missing?). Veekun sadly is a poor source of move legality info since it lacks one of the main sources of illegal moves, event and special moves.
  5. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

I stand corrected on both counts, do what eric said!
  6. Great Sage

Great Sage

It's also not too hard to figure out for yourself whether a moveset is illegal, if you must take that approach.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)