1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

ILLEGAL MOVESETS

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Vein, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vein

Vein

I've been looking for this in smogon but can't find any.. is there a way to list all illegal combinations of movesets/abilities of a certain poke? this is a good reference for team building for newcomers and seasoned players alike.
  2. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

On Pokemon Online, it tells you if you have an illegal move set/ability and doesn't let you use the pokemon in battles. So no problem there.

If you're using pokesav (or any other device like it for that matter), whether it's legal a move set or not you're hacking. And hacked pokemon aren't allowed on smogon on last time I checked.

Even if this hypothetical list was made, couldn't you answer whatever question you had with a google search? Just throwing that out there. Anyway, hopefully this has been helpful.
  3. NixHex

NixHex TEN months seizure free!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

For the time being, use http://veekun.com

Don't always trust Pokemon Online's Team Builder, since some move legalities must be hard coded to work. For example, Moxie + Outrage Salamence is still illegal and must be implemented in the next version (unless I'm horribly mistaken?) In short, don't trust a simulator's team builder, use the internet).

Stuff like this should probably be asked in the Simple Questions / Simple Answers.
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

You're horribly mistaken :p. There are a couple of very corner case situations where PO's teambuilder is known to be inaccurate (some specific four move combinations for evolve-with-move pokemon, though that may have been solved without me noticing), but otherwise it's by far the best/easiest to use you'll find (unless there is a 5th gen version of this I'm missing?). Veekun sadly is a poor source of move legality info since it lacks one of the main sources of illegal moves, event and special moves.
  5. NixHex

NixHex TEN months seizure free!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I stand corrected on both counts, do what eric said!
  6. Great Sage

Great Sage Banned deucer.

It's also not too hard to figure out for yourself whether a moveset is illegal, if you must take that approach.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)