i'm a noob to the site, but im not uneducated

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Nihlus_62691, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Nihlus_62691

Nihlus_62691

I recently discovered this site and i like it already, please dont judge me by my noobness, i have spent many a year playing the pokemon games and know what im on about. that being said i would like to ask, why do people still insist on making 'shiny'pokemon teams? all of you out there familliar with ev's and iv's should know a shiny pokemon is made when its 'total' iv's come to be less than 9... i saw two shiny teams at the last tournament i entered and surprise, they lost horifficly. why do they think they get credability for using natures defects in battle?
  2. NikLink

NikLink

Um.

Where have you been the last 8 years or so? Shiny Pokemon can have any combination of IVs since Ruby/Sapphire. Also you posted in the wrong place, and horribly butchered the English language to boot. (Well okay no not really, only just a little)

Welcome to Smogon! This kind of thing, if it were actually true, would go in Stark Mountain. Keep an eye out for next time.
  3. Canada

Canada

I believe that shininess stopped being affected by IVs back in generation 3...
  4. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Shiny Pokemon are only credited for the alternate colorings now. On Shoddy Battle in particular, it does not affect anything whether or not a Pokemon is chosen to be shiny or not.
  5. Raj

Raj CAP Playtesting Expert

Hey welcome to Smogon! However, Congregation of the Masses is where we discuss things non-Pokemon related. Stark Mountain is what you're looking for, more specifically this thread here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56879

Take a look around. If you need a Pokemon related question answered, there's where you should ask it.
  6. Nihlus_62691

Nihlus_62691

i won, the tournament that is
  7. NikLink

NikLink

Okay, I don't want to sound mean, but what the fuck does that have to do with anything?
  8. Plus

Plus I am the stone that the builder refused
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I actually had a pretty good team at that tournament you were at. It looked something like this:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

*it was 4v4 doubles as you can see*

As you can see, my team actually features TWO (not one) shiny pokemon, meaning they must have birth defects. Those bastards didn't see my Garchomp coming! What the fuck does that have to do with anything, you say? Just because a pokemon is different does not make it a piece of shit.

anyone care to rmt? I believe my Garchomp may be suffering from self-confidence issues so I'd like some help with that.
  9. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

10. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I went on the moon, too.
  11. cookie

cookie Administrator
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Soc. Forums Leader

i'm not a noob but i'm uneducated HELP

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)