Other Metagames I'm Bad at Names [Balanced Hackmons]

Should I add Memes?

• Total voters

Introduction

I haven’t actually made a team in almost a year, so most of my teams were from before the Primal Groudon Ban. I decided that I needed something new and this is what I came up with after a week or so of testing.

The Team

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs

Ability: Psychic Surge

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Psycho Boost

- Psystrike

- Moongeist Beam

- U-turn

This was the basis for my team. The moveset is pretty standard. Psycho boost and Psystrike for powerful STAB. Moongeist Beam is to hit Shedinja. U-turn is so I can gain momentum from slower mons and walls that are forced out by Mewtwo.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Earth Plate

Ability: Pixilate

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Psystrike

- Judgment

- Boomburst

- Volt Switch

The second Mewtwo has coverage to hit almost everything that the other can’t. I chose this set over Sheer Force because Judgment makes it much easier to improof since I can use one mon to improof both Mewtwos. Plate Judgement is for the many steel walls in BH as long as they don’t have levitate and aren’t named Celesteela. Boomburst hits dark types that completely wall the other Mewtwo. Volt Switch is for momentum.

Solgaleo @ Assault Vest

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD

Sassy Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Rapid Spin

- U-turn

- Sunsteel Strike

- Nuzzle

A standard RegenVest pivot that Improofs both Mewtwos. Rapid spin is because I have no other way to deal with Hazards. U-turn is for a slow pivot into my offensive mons. Sunsteel Strike for STAB and Shed. and nuzzle to spread paralysis.

Chansey (M) @ Eviolite

Ability: Imposter

Impish Nature

- Fake Out

- Soft-Boiled

- Final Gambit

- Whirlwind

The pink blob is a setup check. The moves don’t really matter.

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Unaware

Careful Nature

- U-turn

- Spore

- Soft-Boiled

- Spectral Thief

I wanted another setup check so I threw Mega Gyarados onto the team. It’s typing lets it resist SSS/Moongeist Beam, Power Trip, and gives it an immunity to Stored Power. U-turn is for another slow pivot. Spore is to deal with setup sweepers that still hit hard at neutral. Spectral thief shuts down Geomancy sets and does decent damage after stealing attack boosts. Gyarados hasn’t done much yet but I’ve only encountered a handful of setup.

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate

Ability: Adaptability

Happiness: 0

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Judgment

- Sludge Wave

- Tail Glow

- Spore

I needed a setup mon so I decided on Adaptability Gengar because it was Imposter proof on its own. Tail Glow + Adaptability absolutely demolishes fat walls that the Mewtwos can’t handle. Spore creates setup opportunities.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading my first RMT. Please leave any suggestion you have for improving the team.

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs

Ability: Psychic Surge

Timid Nature

- Psystrike

- Psycho Boost

- Moongeist Beam

- U-turn

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Earth Plate

Ability: Pixilate

Timid Nature

- Psystrike

- Judgment

- Boomburst

- Volt Switch

Solgaleo @ Assault Vest

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD

Sassy Nature

IVs: 0 Spe

- Rapid Spin

- U-turn

- Sunsteel Strike

- Nuzzle

Chansey (M) @ Eviolite

Ability: Imposter

Shiny: Yes

Impish Nature

- Fake Out

- Soft-Boiled

- Final Gambit

- Whirlwind

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Unaware

Shiny: Yes

Careful Nature

- U-turn

- Spore

- Soft-Boiled

- Spectral Thief

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate

Ability: Adaptability

Timid Nature

- Judgment

- Sludge Wave

- Tail Glow

- Spore

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Hey The Pink Terror I enjoyed reading your RMT. As much as Mega Mewtwo Y and Psychic Surge are the greatest threats in the current metagame, I'm excited to go through this with you. I like the idea of Adaptability Gengar because I find it criminally underrated at this moment. I also like the idea of Pixilate Mega Mewto Y, it is just something unique. The biggest issue I have with the team is a lack of checks to Poison Heal sweepers, and is at this point it is mandatory in any BH team in my opinion unless you are running hyperoffense. I also feel some things like Balance can be tough for the team to break, along with stall (Specs MMY helps but simply clicking button doesn't automatically bring you wins, it involves predictions).

Major Changes:

Your Pixilate Mewtwo -> Contrary Mewtwo

While I find Pixilate to be an acceptable idea, I didn't like how your Imposter had do switch in and wall your own MMY every time the other teams send theirs in. Also I took a look at your Mega Gyarados and arrived to the conclusion that your Gyarados can completely wall Contrary Mewtwo sets below:

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Overheat
- Judgment
- Moongeist Beam / Spore

Just like Pixilate does, this set successfully lures the likes of Mega Gyarados and Yveltal. Assuming Stealth Rock is up, Overheat + Judgment KO's Unaware Yveltal, and rare Regenvest variants fall to boosted Judgment. Mega Gyarados can also be dealt with boosted Pixie Plate Judgment but Unaware variants can only be taken out by two Judgments, meaning you will have to predict and hit it on switch. This set can easily be imposterproofed because your Mega Gyarados will take Normal-type Judgment. The fourth move is your choice, you can run Moongeist Beam to hit Unaware users and OHKO opposing MMY at +2 while Spore lets you buy turns to beat down RegenVest users which would otherwise live a hit and hit you with Spectral Thief.

->

I have noticed you lack checks for Poison Heal Regigigas which can wipe out your team once it manages to set a single Shift Gear. Also your team doesn't have a reliable switch-in for Sturdy Shedinja, and your team needs sollid hazard remover. I would suggest using Giratina since nothing else seems to be able to fit better. This sadly leaves me recommending removing the cool Gengar set you had; I would suggest running Giratina like this:

Giratina @ Toxic Orb / Darkinium Z
Ability: Poison Heal / Magic bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 116 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn / Parting Shot

Core Enforcer lets Girtina reliably check Poison Heal Regigigas thanks to its colossal bulk that can take boosted Knock Off. Also Red Orb Groudon is becoming increasingly common due to its offensive presence allowing it to force out majority of Magic Bounce users in the tier and set Stealth Rock, and this makes your Giratina a solid switch-in. You can run Magic Bounce on Giratina but the prevalence of Core Enforcer in the meta and the fact that Giratina is tasked to consistently switch in and repeatedly take hits generally makes Magic Bounce a subpar option, but Darkinium Z + Parting Shot lest your MMY recover fully in emergency so that is something to test if you are interested. EV spreads let Giratina outspeed the rare Mega Blaziken after a single Speed drop from V-create and this makes sure your Giratina won't be overwhelmed by Tinted Lens + Choice Band variants of Mega Blaziken.

Small Changes:

Get rid of Rapid Spin on Solgaleo; RegenVest Solgaleo has no ways to surmount the most relevant spinblocker called Giratina, meaning it is very efficient when it comes to removing hazards. Since I have recommended Giratina as a new Defog user, you can run stuff like Knock Off / Spectral Thief / Core Enforcer to deal with Primal Kyogre a lot better - it always runs Moonblast so your Gyarados will have hard time with it.

Don't run Spore - Magic Bounce Audino switches into this all day and Knock Off or Pursuit on your Gyarados is much better option. Also minimized Speed (Relaxed / Sassy) with 0 IV on Speed should be used to pivot out efficiently, making sure whatever your are trying to send is sent out safely. Relaxed Nature is slashed because it lets Mega Gyarados survive +6 Sunsteel Strike from Adamant Kartana from full, and this is something that your team really values as there is no counterplay against it.

Conclusion:

I enjoyed writing this up but the fixations I have made won't make your team immediately perform better; there are some systemic issues, like, pursuit trapping from the likes of Mega Gyarados and Mega Tyranitar. However with enough dedications I think you can surely perfect your team some day. Again, nice RMT and feel free to shoot me PM / quoting post if you have any questions. Better players will have better feedbacks so feel free to stop by places like BH Metagame Thread or BH Discord. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Thank very much for the suggestions RNGIsFatal. I plan on implementing all of them except for the change to contrary Mewtwo. I chose Earth judgment due to the prevalence of flash fire steels and, as it stands, my current set is easier to improof since Solgaleo takes 15.8% at most from my Mewtwo. With contrary, I would have to hard switch into Mega Gyarados or risk taking more damage than I would like to from 2 judgments, or a +2/+4 Moongeist Beam. as shown in the calcs, if I hard switch on a judgment I will take 45-53.2% barring any crits, and it seems unlikely that I will be able to effectively wall my imposter for the entire match. I might just be worried over nothing though.

252 SpA Pixilate Mewtwo-Mega-Y Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Solgaleo: 64-76 (13.3 - 15.8%) -- possible 7HKO

252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Gyarados-Mega: 89-105 (22.5 - 26.6%) -- 22.7% chance to 4HKO

+2 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 88-104 (22.3 - 26.3%) -- 20.3% chance to 4HKO

+4 252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Moongeist Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gyarados-Mega: 133-156 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 198-234 (47.5 - 56.2%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO (Assuming they switch)

252 Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Mewtwo-Mega-Y: 102-120 (24.5 - 28.8%) -- 98.6% chance to 4HKO

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)