ORAS LC I'm Garbage (My 50th post)

Get it? Cause it's garbage?​

DISCLAIMER SHRUG WANTED ME TO INCLUDE: I know I'm not garbage, this title is a joke.

I'm Garbage
When I sat down to make an RMT, I didn't even know where to start. Should I make a new team? Should I fix an old one? What should I build around if I was to make a new team? What style should I use? Eventually I decided on making a new team, as for many I couldn't remember how or why I built them, and I wanted my thought process to be fresh in my mind. But, I ran into some trouble when it came to deciding what to build around. There were so many Pokemon I wanted to use. I looked at Shellos as it was the star of my first ever LC team, I looked at Scraggy because I'd been having fun using a Moxie set in Monotype LC, but I eventually settled on Trubbish. When I first came to the LC room on Pokemon Showdown, I asked for simple advice for a new player. The advice I received was simple: You always need a Knock Off switch in, Trubbish is OP because of that. Although it wasn't great advice for a new player, it stuck with me, and I've been growing more accustomed to the LC community and meta ever since. Also I'm garbage.

Teambuilding Process

Although Trubbish holds a lot of meaning to me, I also had a reason to chose it competitively. My main goal for this team was to stack Spikes with Trubbish, clearing the way for a sweep from another member of the team. I also was making the analysis at that time for Pansear who uses a Berry Juice stall set to whittle down opponents and just be annoying, so I decided to use a Berry Juice Recycle Trubbish

My next order of business was to cover Trubbish's weakness, while also providing a bulky set-up sweeper. Since Trubbish's main threats were Psychic-types such as Abra and Gothita and Ground-types such as Drilbur and Diglett. My first choice was Porygon who nicely covered the trappers, but I quickly threw that idea away as it didn't resist either type. Instead, I went with Vullaby, as it is immune to both types and is one of my favorite sweepers because it catches many opponents off guard by setting up on a contact move that activates its ability Weak Armor and through that gives it +1 Speed. Trubbish can also protect Vullaby from the troublesome Fairy-types that it is weak to.

My next step, was to get a secondary Ground-type check as well as a spinblocker to stop Rapid Spinners from getting rid of Trubbish's Spikes. Pumpkaboo was an easy choice for this, although I have played around with Gastly in this slot. Pumpkaboo, in my opinion, is one of the most underused Pokemon in the tier, being that it is one of LC's 4 viable bulky Grass-types, so I enjoy showing it off. Will-O-Wisp is a nice option to cripple physical threats for Trubbish and Vullaby, while Bullet Seed helps make it a nice check to Drilbur and Diglett which were both still big threats to the team. All in all, I really like how it fits to this team.

At this point, I thought the team was looking pretty fun to use, but it was extremely slow. Along with that, it was in need of a Rapid Spinner to protect Vullaby and preserve it for a sweep. This was an easy decision to make, so I just pick up Staryu. There isn't much more to say other then that it offers yet another check to Ground-types.

For my 5th mon, I knew I needed a Defog punisher and Stealth Rock setter, as well as a Fletchling check. As it all filled these roles and more, Pawniard was an obvious choice. Along with that, it also provides this team with extra priority and Knock Off, which helps the team weaken powerful threats like Mienfoo. Even furthermore, it received great help from this team as all four of the previous Pokemon could be considered (however soft) Fighting-type checks.

The final slot was easily the toughest to fill. The only real requirement I had for this mon was it had to be Choice Scarf to make up for my team's (or lack there of) speed. I also kind of wanted another good Fletchling check, but that wasn't very important to me. The two biggest choices (get it? Choice?) were Magnemite and Chinchou. I went with Chinchou as it offered yet another nice check to the Ground-types that annoyed me so much. I also decided to give it Heal Bell to stop the opponent from inflicting status onto my Pawniard or Pumpkaboo. I really like how it wraps this whole team together.

The Team

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
Trubbish is the central point of this team, and for good reason. This specific Trubbish set makes use of Sticky Hold to keep up a standard Berry Juice stall to whittle down opponents. It is also this team's main Fairy-type, Fighting-type and Snivy check.

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 240 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
Vullaby is the main wincon with Nasty Plot, while also being a very potent special sweeper. Along with that, it can also switch in on a predicted Ground-type attack, allowing me to bluff Defensive Vullaby, force a switch, and set up a potentially game winning sweep. It also holds an important role as the main Psychic-type counter. It isn't that cute tho.

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
Pumpkaboo is my main defensive wall and literally my only solid Ground-type check. Along with that, Pumpkaboo can solidly fire off (pun intended) a Will-O-Wisp to deal with some of this team's biggest threats such as Croagunk. Finally, Shadow Sneak is the only solid priority on this team, making it essential for stopping fast threats like Abra or Diglett. It also helps against the trappers that can dismantle this team if given the chnace.

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 156 Def / 116 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
Staryu is my Rapid Spinner, status absorber, and is a very fast threat in general. It absorbs a lot of hits too, such as Chinchou's Scald, and is the main Croagunk check with Psychic. That is basically it, as Staryu is pretty standard.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock
Pawniard is my main Stealth Rocker, Defog punisher, Knock Off user, physical threat, and a check to a whole slew of common threats like Porygon, Fletchling, Foongus, Dazzling Gleam Abra, Snubbull, Spritzee, and many, many more. Furthermore, Sucker Punch is a nice priority option for hitting already set up threats. Pawniard is just a solid mon on most teams really.

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell
Chinchou is the designated Choice Scarf user for this squad and the main Fletchling check. Heal Bell is also solid for curing Pawniard, Pumpkaboo, and Trubbish of status conditions that can limit their potential. It is also a very solid default lead as it can use Volt Switch to get out of a bad matchup or better yet, Scald an unsuspecting Ground-type into oblivion. Volt is honestly one of the best moves in the game.

Threatlist
Although it may look like a solid team, a few threats can dismantle it if given the chance. The main ones are listed below:

Razor Shell Shellder is a huge problem for this team as the only way I can deal are hope that Shellder doesn't get a max roll Razor Shell on Trubbish or a max roll Rock Balst on Staryu. On the special side, Omanyte and Clamperl absolutely destroy this team, and my only hope would be crits with priority moves.

My only real Croagunk check is Staryu, which for obvious reason isn't a very solid one. The physical set can be dealt with with Vullaby if played right, but I don't have much of an answer for a special set.

My team isn't very prepared for a well played Timburr despite my numerous Fighting-type checks. Although it is probably not the biggest threat to my team, it's notable due to it's want to be burned which my team has a habit of doing.

Conclusion

All in all, this is a really fun team, and I'm pretty impressed with myself for making this RMT. Although it may look as if this a complete team, I haven't done much testing, and am open to any and all changes bar removing Trubbish. It is a very fun team to use and I invite any and all players, old and new, to use it. I feel like this team can show somewhat how far I've come since I first came to LC. This tier is super fun and I'm excited to keep improving in the months too come!

Shoutouts
First, shoutout to my buddy Vubon for helping me out when I first came to this tier. You should talk more! Shoutout to Yagura for also helping me build in early ORAS. I miss u buddy! Shoutout to macle for bringing me to this tier in the first place. Huge shoutouts to ItzViper482 for helping me introduce myself into the community and being p cool in general. Shoutouts to Fiend TheFenderStory dsr95 Merritt Shrug Sam-testings Eniigma and Corporal Levi for all being great guys and sharing their advice with me whenever I asked. HUGE shoutouts to Coconut for being my tutor, answering my stupid questions, proofreading this thing for me, and helping me really get into the LC community. Congrats for the 1,000,000th time on #! Shoutouts to Altariel von Sweep Infamy and Quote for helping me test this team and Shrug for proofreading this. Finally shoutout to any LC players I haven't mentioned. You guys form a great community, and no matter how new to LC you are, or how long you've been working to make a difference, just keeping working at it. After all, only a year ago, I hadn't even been to the LC room, and now I'm writing an RMT after making an anlysis and running a Team Workshop. Always strive to improve everyone!

Trubbish @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 5
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 100 Def / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Recycle
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Vullaby @ Berry Juice
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 240 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell

Ok so from what I've gathered from people's notes on this RMT (not the team itself) Is that I put too much of what I should have used to explain each mon inside the process. i'll remember to fix that next time :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)