Gen 3 I'm looking for some ideas - rate my team

hey there
hope you can help me out

i'd like to have a team that covers most of the types in game.
my team shouldn't include ubers, any other than that is welcome.

my actual team is:

#1 Blissey @ LuckyPunch/White Herb

Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Thunder Wave

#2 Raichu @ Magnet/focus band

Volt Tackle
Surf
Wish
Reversal

#3 Guardevoir @ Quick Claw/TwistedSpoon

Skill Swap/Mean Look
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Calm Mind

#4-1 Blaziken @ Focus band/Charcoal

Sky Uppercut
Earthquake
Blaze Kick
Mirror Move

#4-2 Charizard @ Focus Band/Quick Claw

Belly Drum
Substitute
Earthquake
Firepunch

#5 Sceptile @ Miracle Seed

Solar Beam
Sunny Day
Focus Punch
Leafblade

#6 Wheezing @ Focus band

Explosion
Will-o-whisp/Toxic
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb

That's my actual Team... would be very nice if you guys can give me some ideas i can add, maybe some poke's i can swap...

oh and i wanted to add a Scizor to my team, can you advise it?

:/
that's an impossible moveset.
i got the moveset from a site where it's said that "Raichu can learn surf per "pokemon box""

volttackle and wish are learned by breeding

and reversal is learned by a move tutor

so it's not really an impossible moveset is it?

a pokemon box pikachu can have surf but no breeding moves because surf will not be passed on.

so it's not really an impossible moveset is it?
and I sincerely hope that's not sarcasm.

gargh!

why is it that smogon does not cater for total noobs? is it below smogonists to help this guy just because he needs more help??

maybe its just because we're lazy and CBFed to type the essay which this topic necessitates.

quick bits of advice-

-quick claw
-focus band
-twisted spoon
-miracle seed
-and charcoal
are all crappy items. in your team LEFTOVERS or a LUM BERRY would be superior, and especially considering you have aromatherapy blissey, LEFTOVERS on everyone wouldnt be that bad

-are you able to get berries? ie talking salac.

-raichu is a weak electric who's true value comes in his sheer novelty. most electrics would be superior, despite his unique set (which IS impossible on yours btw). think.. jolteon, zapdos, raikou, ampharos even..

-fire blast/flamethrower over fire punch plz. (120 or 95 vs 75 power)

-never use mirror move, especially on blaziken. he already lacks enough moveslots. if you can get swords dance, try it out, and use fireblast/fthrower as a fire move preferably.

-2 grass moves on sceptile = obsolete. get leech seed and/or substitute if you can.

-calm mind will not boost the attacking power of dream eater (it's a ghost move right?), as in this gen, it's physical. dont consider skill swap either. novelty again.

-firepunch

All those items like Magnet and Miracle Seed aren't very good items since they only go with one type of move, and it only make them 1.1x stronger, which isn't very worth it.
Quick Claw and Focus Band don't work most of the time. And even if Focus Band does work, the Pokemon will not have a speed boost that Salac gets for them. The only thing I could think of that would work well with it is the occasional Counter, but that will not work every time. I had Focus Band on my Sapphire Pokemon a few times, and 3/4 of the time, it didn't even work. Also, Hail / Sandstorm / Status / Leech Seed makes it useless.

For the Pokemon themselves, here's what I can come up with:

Quoted for space:
1 Blissey @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def

With those EVs, it will make it much harder to get KOed. Full HP makes sure you get 59-60 HP back from Leftovers each turn.
2 Raichu @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature (Speed / Def) if you want a Fighting move,

Timid Nature (Speed / Att) if you want full Special Attacker.

Volt Tackle might sound great when you're looking at it, but once you are using it in battles, it becomes more of a liability than anything. If you hit anything with it, you get hit with recoil that is 1/3 of your whole HP(current). That will usually result in Suicide since it can't really take a hit.
Use Thunderbolt instead. The Accuracy alone makes it so much more worth it.

And since it can't take a hit, you can get KOed while using Wish. Try getting Hidden Power Grass, since that will 2HKO Swamperts, and will OHKO Rhydon and a few others will be hurt badly by it. If you want though, you can get HP Ice to hurt Salamence.

Try getting Sub for it. It badly needs it. Some things will switch away from it, and when you Sub as they switch, you can hit them twice(obviously).

With Sub, you can use Focus Punch. It's fun to hit things either on the switch, or while they work on your Sub. This also OHKOs full HP, no Def EVs Blissey, and occasionally, Tyranitar. This also hurts Magneton badly, and has a 2/37 chance of OHKOing it.

This thing can still KO Skarm / Gyarados with Thunderbolt, which was why I had it in my team for a while. All of my friends love Skarm / Bulkydos.
3 Gardevoir @ Lum Berry / Leftovers

I have never used this for battles. I mainly used it to fill my Pokedex, so I don't know much about it. I just know that Lum Berry + Synchronize = Fun. They try to Poison or Burn you, and they do it to themselves. I think Trace would be good against Ninjasks and some others though. I have seen this being a team player thing, with Wish and Will-o-Wisp. It can also hurt Tyranitars with both a Burn and HP Grass. Snorlaxes would switch into this, expecting to wall it's Special Attacking, and using Shadow Ball / something.

I would ask others on how to use this one, try not to put too much thought into what I said about Gardy.

One thing though: Don't worry about Dream Eater. Calm Mind does boost it, as it is a Psychic Type Move. It's been that way since RBY iirc.

I think it could be cool trapping something with Mean Look then they can't switch from getting their Dreams Eaten.
4 Blaziken @ Leftovers / Salac(for End Rev if you can get Salac)

The only set I have ever seen is the End/Rev:

Endure / Reversal / Swords Dance / Flamethrower

Like they said, Flamethrower is better. It's 100% Accuracy and Power 95. Blaze Kick though has High Critical Hit Ratio. When you Endure a hit down to 1HP, you get Power 200 Reversal, not counting STAB or Super Effectives, and Flamethrower gets Power 95 * 1.5 from STAB and * 1.5 from Blaze. Salac makes sure you can outrun most Pokes.

Again, I will leave that to others who know more about the Poke.

4-2 Charizard @ Leftovers / Salac(again, if you can get it, then great)

Belly Drum / Sub is Great if you can do it right.
Fire Punch is Power 75, while Flamethrower is Power 95. Not counting STAB. It's completely worth it to get Flamethrower when you can hit things harder.

You can also try Hidden Power Bug for those Psychics and Darks, like Umbreon for the Darks that Quake won't OHKO, and the Levitating things that won't be hit at all. Claydol, even with Full HP / Def EVs and Def Nature will be KOed a lot of the time. Weezing though will be hard for it to beat.
5 Sceptile @ Leftovers
Overgrow - Timid Nature (Speed / Attack) or Hasty(-Def) or Naive(-Sp.Def)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Att / 252 Speed
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
~Leaf Blade
~Thunderpunch(if you can get it) / Focus Punch (if you like that)

This guy is one of the most annoying Pokemon I have ever faced. Make sure you get it with Timid Nature if there isn't Focus Punch, or another Speed boosting nature with it.

Leech Seed usually forces switches, and makes Focus Punching that much easier. Either that or make a Sub while they switch, so you can get that odd Swellow with a Thunderpunch while it only gets your Sub. Either way, it's pretty good(better with Thunderpunch IMO). If you can't get sub, you can put in another move, like Pursuit, to get those Pokes that are switching out.
6 Weezing @ Leftovers
That's all I know about it... Def Nature too. I will leave that to the other members to help with.

I know those aren't the best advice, but I just wanted to put my ideas in.

For the Scizor, I never used that either, so I can't comment on it either.

Edit: ARGH! I HATE NOTEPAD! STUPID WORD WRAP MESSES ME UP! WordPad ftw!

I sincerely hope this whole thread isn't serious.
yeah sorry that i don't know every little piece of the game... i'm posting here because i wanted to know what you think of it and what's possible and so on...
well, nevermind, i guess every forum needs some trolls ^^

@ all the others who helped me, thanks a lot, i think i will use some of the tips you gave me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)