1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

I'm new to this

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by TrueSoprano, May 25, 2012.

1. TrueSoprano

TrueSoprano

I'm pretty new to competitive battling, and this is my first team. There are obviously some flaws here, and some help would be awesome.

[​IMG]
    Forretress
    Relaxed, sturdy, 252hp/4d/252spd, Shed shell
    Toxic Spikes
    Rapid Spin
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake

Not much to explain here. This is my lead. Should I keep both attacks, or should I add spikes? I might remove earthquake, since it's so slow and it can't take a fire attack.

[​IMG]
    Vaporeon
    Bold, water absorb, 248hp/252d/8spe, leftovers
    Wish
    Protect
    Scald
    Roar

Good at stalling, especially with double toxic spikes. Roar works well if I manage to set up entry hazards. Wish + Protect + Leftovers is great for healing, and scald has a decent chance of burning.

[​IMG]
    Heatran
    Modest, Flash Fire, 252spa/4spd/252spe, air balloon
    Flamethrower
    Earth Power
    Hidden Power Ice
    Stealth Rock

Heatran works well with Vaporeon because it resists grass attacks, and Vaporeon can also switch in on water types attacking it.

[​IMG]
    Machamp
    Adamant, no guard, 128hp/252a/128spd, leftovers
    Substitute
    DynamicPunch
    Payback
    Stone Edge

I chose Machamp because of No Guard + Dynamic Punch. Stone Edge is also 100% accuracy.

[​IMG]
    Gengar
    Timid, levitate, 4hp/252spa/252spd, leftovers
    Substitute
    Disable
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

Gengar has an awesome SpA and SpE.

[​IMG]
    Dragonite
    Adamant, inner focus, 60hp/252a/196spd, choice band
    Outrage
    ExtremeSpeed
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake

And finally, a choice band Dragonite, another physical attacker.
  2. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Can you give more reasons for why you chose those Pokémon, along with the reasons for their moves, EV spreads, and such?

Also, your Vaporeon should definitely be Bold and Dragonite should always use Multiscale
  3. TrueSoprano

TrueSoprano

Sure, I'll edit it right away. And thanks for the tips. Hardy was actually a typo...
  4. CedOmega

CedOmega

Hey TrueSoprano, nice team. After reading your team's description, I noticed a few possible changes that you could make, however. As mentioned, it does need a wider description for other viewers to be able to effectively help, ate your team, and suggest changes. Having said that, here are the following changes I have noted for your team.

You seem to be open the attacks from alot of threats in the OU tier. Scizor would have alot of fun crippling your team with a powerful U-turn and priority, boosted Bullet Punch'es. You're also suseptable to powerful attacks from Alakazam, who can take down Gengar, Heatran, Vaporeon and Machamp fairly easily while taking little damage.

*I'd suggest a Careful nature for Machamp, as it allows it to be all around bulky when paired with BulkUp. You could possibly replace Substitute with BulkUp. You could, too, remove Gengar's Leftovers and replace it with BlackSludge, just for Trick users. Dragonite should have Multiscale, as it allows it to not die so quickly and easily; not as easily as it would with InnerFocus.

Also, have you considered PoisonHeal Breloom? As it seems, your team could use Breloom very well when paired with Heatran and Vaporeon. Breloom is also a threat to your team, as it can easily come in after your second layer of Toxic Spikes is set and be benefited from its affect. Not only that, but if it is packing Stone Edge, Spore, FocusPunch, & Substitute. It would have no problem putting Forretress to sleep, or any other Pokemon you try and switch in to for that matter. Then, after setting up a Sub, it would proceed to sweeping your team entirely.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)