1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

I'm Ranked Top 10 in the U.S! Here is my Strategy

Discussion in 'VGC' started by VerlisWolf, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VerlisWolf

VerlisWolf

A video strategy of what I am calling my Keyblade Combo, an extremely high skill cap strategy that has me ranked 7th in America and top 50 Worldwide
    JoshuaMunoz likes this.
  2. Keynomaru

Keynomaru

I love your pokemon vids.
  3. Douchemon

Douchemon

Out of curiosity, is there money to be made in E-sport pokemon?
  4. ExEmegadeth

ExEmegadeth

You know what man, that would be awesome. Sadly, due to the game having so much luck involved, I don't think pokemon will be a popular E-sport. This sucks since games that are popular among 12 year olds have all the money while great games like SC are going downhill...
  5. Onicon

Onicon

Strong combo; Garchomp must be a pain to deal with, though. You surely have an appropiate answer to that, like probably Scarf-Abonasnow or Bronzong?

Out of curiosity: Have you ever ran into a Prankster Murkrow? They are fairly difficult to obtain so many people use them. They are still faster than Klefki and are able to Taunt it. How would be a good way to deal with them?
  6. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Not true at all, Pokemon is growing exponentially as an e-sport: last year's World Championships official stream was featured by Twitch and had 30K viewers at its peak. My brother won the Junior Championships and around $8000 in prizes. Luck is barely a factor in the long term growth of the game competitively. You can make money from this game competitively Douchemon, but you'd have to be pretty good.
  7. moonbound

moonbound

you posted a 10 minute long video bashing Smogon, and then decided to join Smogon???
  8. Brophlosion

Brophlosion

I'm dumb...
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  9. moonbound

moonbound

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure July 16th, 2010 came before October 16th, 2013. lol
  10. Brophlosion

Brophlosion

*fixed*
  11. Tobes

Tobes Woo-hoo, woo-hoo, woo-hoo-hoo!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Prompting discussion on cores is great, but this isn't the way to about doing it. A video of you describing a combination isn't nearly as engaging as showing actual battles of the combination in action. Not to mention that having your ranking in the back the entire time seems kind of unnecessary. To use the old movie-making adage: show, don't tell.
    Enygma and NixHex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)