1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

I'm too exploud for my own good (Now taking quick and easy requests)

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Doran Dragon, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

[​IMG]
    NOW OPEN FOR QUICK AND EASY REQUESTS. meaning no backgrounds, just something simple please.​

So, I was an avid sprite artist, but I never really showed you my other artist side...and Thus that is why I am making this thread. While I may not be the best artist here, by far I am not, but I like to show off what I at least think looks good. So, Doran's Digital and Traditional art thread, go! ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM REQUEST, I promise I will take your suggestions into account in my next drawings!​

Pokemon Calamitas (name still in question) Pokedex
    Grass Starter 1/2/3​
    Fire Starter 4/5/6​
    Water Starter 7/8/9​
    Brawlk 21​
    Thogret 27/28​
    Coyote 29​
    Tadpole/Frog 30/31​
    Kid/Goat 32​
    Lamp/CaP 2 33/34​
    Gargoyle 35​
    Bell 40​
    CaP Designs
  2. V0x

V0x o:
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ahhhhhh!! Hi. I enjoy this thread
    Could you draw me an Altaria hanging out by a beach?
  3. Albinoloon

Albinoloon

where have you been

I love this new art of yours, especially the cavern groundon and ocean kyogre

your human drawings eerily remind me of kippo's
  4. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

@V0x: Sure, I'll see what I can do. :)

@Alb: I've been keeping to myself a bit. Alot of this art isnt so new, the regular groudon and Kyogre, Exploud above the text, and Ludhia are my most recent works though. Really my works remind you of Kipps stuff? :O
  5. ToastTyrant13

ToastTyrant13

Your art....Doran I must say, this is pretty great. I have to say that Cavern Groudon is splendid, but that Flygon Sprite is incredable too. Well done sir.
  6. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

that cavern groudon may be good, but the first one is better, it looks like the actual groudon art from 3rd gen! Still, Thanks TT13 :)
  7. TRX

TRX

Hey man, you've got some cool stuff. I like the pose that Sableye is making, I think it would be cool to see that bigger and a bit more polished. But my favorite piece of yours by far was the Tron Ruby, he looked mega-badass, I would love to see a final version of that. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see what else you come out with!
  8. Tenodera

Tenodera

Love the Flygon (sprite especially) and the first Groudon! Surprising there isn't a Rayquaza somewhere...
  9. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Thanks both of you.

I actually made a few rayquaza pics a long time ago, but since its been so long, they dont show up on Marriland Oekaki anymore lol I'll have to make some new ones eh?
  10. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

New picture! Magikarp Well! I'll do the altaria soon, when I can.
  11. Studio534

Studio534

This is really good, dude! I love that magikarp picture especially!
  12. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Thanks John! You've been a great supporter :D I'm glad my art can please your masterful eye ;D
  13. Snorlaxe

Snorlaxe 2 kawaii 4 u
    is a Contributor Alumnus

these are really awesome, i especially love the pheonawk; keep it up for sure! :D
  14. Furosuto

Furosuto

Weird..... I looked at the humans, and I think I've seen this style before. Odd.....
  15. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

like from where? hahaha I can guarentee that it was I that drew them. Also, new, Then and Now picture!
  16. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

bump*

new stuff, check it out.
  17. Furosuto

Furosuto

I'm surprised that you don't have as many luvdiscs as some others. I especially like the swimming kyogre and saphire team. Did you do a mulitply layer for the shading for both?
  18. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Wow lol. Like the clean style you have for some of them! And being able to use so many mediums and in a pretty good way is quite impressive. o.o

I like your Groudon, Kyogre, Magikarp, Exploud, Flygon etc etc. Your fakemons are pretty cool too! I'm not sure which medium suits you the best :d Hope to see more from you :)
  19. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Thanks guys, Ill definitly be drawing more often now, so you'll see alot more stuff from me.

And yeah, on all my digital drawings i use multiple layers, so I dont mess up line art or that stuff :p

also I dont use Photoshop or Gimp, i use chibipaint on www.marriland.com/oekaki :D
  20. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Ok, well ive been working on this drawing, and i just cant seem to get this back leg to look right. Could you guys help me? Im sure someone with much better skills than I could help :<

Marrow Gnasher Renekton Skin Splash
  21. Aurora

Aurora HRT
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

The way you draw your lines is quite nice; and I like your creative fakemons - they are very well drawn.
    Luvdisc'd.
  22. Furosuto

Furosuto

Was wondering if I could give you a request Doran?

Would you be willing to make a picture of my avatar please? I think you could make it look awesome. :)
  23. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Hey, yeah I'll do that for you Furo, I just have a few other things i need to get done first, and with work now added to the schedule, I have less time to draw when all i do is try and try to perfect and fix what doesnt exactly need to be fixed.

Also check out all the major changes from the old Volcelk picture to the new Vulcelk. Many design changes and what a jump in skill from...June 21, 2011...huh
  24. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

*glance at Love Hina picture*
    Memories, sweet memories...
    There's some great stuff here, like that sexy new Vulcelk! I'll certainly be watching with a keen eye C:
  25. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)