1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

I'm too exploud for my own good (Now taking quick and easy requests)

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Doran Dragon, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

bump, slight redesigning on the Utahraptor fakemon and alot of quality touch-ups, and added it's counterpart, the Rock/Electric Parasaurolophus. Also, action pose of the true original Saphyre.
  2. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Furosuto I totally forgot about your request, so i just did it.
  3. Furosuto

Furosuto

Oh wow, that's great DD! Thank you so much! I like your cell shading rough lineart style a lot!
  4. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

thanks furosuto! I have to say that i really like how easy that style is lol.
  5. Eagle4

Eagle4

I second the notion that your lineart is awesome. Could I request a Ludicolo please, I love your work.
  6. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

NEW! Look at the very top to see the full artwork along with the front and backsprites of the final stages of my fakemon starters!

and yeah, i'll draw up a ludicolo for you Eagle4 :)
  7. Studio534

Studio534

Your new stuff looks great, Doran. Really fantastic! Glad to see you are keeping up with your craft!
  8. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

JON! Aww man buddy I really missed ya! Thanks for the compliment I really appreciate it!
  9. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Well I didnt get past the second poll, so heres my CaP 4 design
  10. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Your design was definitely one to stand out of the crowd, there aren't many mantises in the pokéworld and they could always use reinforcements. Its use of its four arms along with its pink hide particularly draws out the psychic aspect of the design, and it fitted all abilities except Weak Armor gallantly. But for me, the excessive use of garments and symbols made its appearance unfit in the long run, namely the necklace, the swirls on the skirt, and the orb which just happens to float there.

But even though I can objectively tell why it didn't make it to the finals, it'd be a crying shame if this design wouldn't see any use, be it with this set of types and abilities or otherwise. I really like it.
  11. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

I guess I did put a few too many frizzles and frazzles on her, and I wasnt sure how to really incorporate the orb into the design. Thanks alot bummer :)

With exception to albersnatch from Poke Quest, I drew these one a new program Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011.
  12. BocoGear

BocoGear

Hey if you get the time any chance I could get a quick sketch of a Vaporeon swimming underwater elegantly?
  13. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Sorry that took so long boco
  14. scampy

scampy

Haha geez, I especially love the sharkbat.

Furiously clicking the button of luv here.
  15. Bummer

Bummer Too quite.
    is an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Art Co-Leader

Grant me a gorillantula or a scorpiopus, or grant me death.
  16. BocoGear

BocoGear

Thanks Doran the drawing came out really well and I love it! Vaporeon love for everyone!
  17. lucariojr

lucariojr goodra will hunting
    is a Contributor to Smogon

request: nurse kyurem (it's funny if you pronounce it cure-em)
  18. Furosuto

Furosuto

Can I please request a beedrill and a geodude together? Thanks in advance!
  19. Testing...

Testing...

You're drawings are pretty awesome Im impressed :p I was wondering if I could make a request, it seems simple enough, could you possibly combine wobbuffet and oddish into one pokemon? Use whoever's body, just basically however you want, one of my friends favorite pokemon are those two so I want to crochet it for her, but im just not sure how that would look like. Thanks in advance if you do decide to do it
  20. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

For you lovely people who waited so long, so so long
  21. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

For all the confusion on /vp/, I am the creator of the psychic mantis and lamp ghost and i give permission to you to use them. Im raptor by the way guys.
  22. Fulgrate

Fulgrate

Those chimeras are extremely awesome. D:
  23. Dhjona

Dhjona

Doran! My friend! Glad to see you still around here. :)

I'm disappointed though that you don't sprite anymore. :p But your artwork is amazing though. Those fakemon are very nice!
    I would sprite them fore you, but since you are already a very talented spriter yourself, that isn't needed. ;)

Keep up the good work Doran.
  24. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Hey, if you want to take a crack at them Dhjona, be my guest, I tried spriting a few but i cant get them right hahaha.

thanks guys, you're too nice!
  25. Dhjona

Dhjona

Than that's settled. I give it a try. Which one..maby any preferences? And for a pose?

Why don't you do me a favor too? Like draw one of my fakemon? ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)