1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Im walkin on Sunshine

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Gym Leader Jex, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Gym Leader Jex

Gym Leader Jex

Hai Guys,my name is Jex and i bring u my first ever Rate My Team.Hope u like it and if u have any suggestion on how 2 make my team better just leave them on the comments below.And if u liked it gimme a Luvdisc

So without further ado ,hers the team i made.Brace Yourselves!!!

[​IMG]

Firefox (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - SolarBeam
    - Dark Pulse
    - Confuse Ray

Now Im runnin a sun team so i have 2 obviously lead with ninetales.I kno ninetales stats arent that impressive.But I need an attacker in su.So the set is fire blast 4 stab,solarbeam cuz it hits in one turn thx 2 the sun.dark pulse might seem odd but i need it 2 hit ghost types and confuse ray 2 stop slower attackers in their tracks though ninteales' speed is quite decent.

[​IMG]

Grover (Venusaur) (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Giga Drain
    - Synthesis
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Now i need somethin 2 abuse the sun.And venusaur is beast in sun.I maxed out speed 2 abuse the sun properly and i maxed sp atk 2 deal tons of damage.I run 2 stab moves in the form of giga drain and sludge bomob which are standard,synthesis 2 heal tons of damage and hp fire 4 coverage against ferrothorn,forretress and scizor.

[​IMG]

EliteApe (Infernape) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Mach Punch

Now i need an extra sub attacker and infernape is my guy.I have maxed atk and speed on this guy cuz i banded him 2 makes sure flar blitz gets an ohko.Flare blitz and Close Combat are standard,stone edge 4 flying types and mach punch 2 finish up stuff that are low on health

[​IMG]

AltoMare (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psyshock
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt

The nick is a ref 2 the movie Pokemon Heroes which is my fav pokemon movies besides destiny:deoxys.Now I run specs and of course its max spatk max speed and timid,I run dragon pulse which is standard,psyshock 4 blisseys otherwise i would get completely walled,ice beam may seem odd but i want 2 hit landorus and thundurs hard and t bolt 4 gyarados.

[​IMG]

Mence (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Brick Break

Mence is one of the fatest pokes in the late game.I scarfed it 2 abuse moxie and sweep entire teams with it.Outrage is standard,eq 4 stuff like magnezone,terrakion,etc,crunch may seem odd but its quite effective against alakazam,reuniclus,etc and brick break 2 remove screens and ko ttars in one hit.

[​IMG]

Phanphy (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard
    - Earthquake
    - Rapid Spin

Now i need entry hazards and i need somethin sturdy.Why not donphan.Its max hp max atk which might seem odd 4 a buly poke and the fact i have both stelth rocks and rapid spin in the set.I run eq 4 stab and 2 avoid taunt and ice shard 2 finish up weakened pokes.Donphan works well as a wall and as an attacker

So thatts the team i built.Hope u liked it!!And if u have any suggestions just leave them on the comments below

Have a nice day.Until next time.Peace!!!
  2. Governess

Governess A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This is a nice team. I have a few things, though.

-Change Dark Pulse to Hidden Power [Ice] on Ninetales, and consider Will-O-Wisp in place of Confuse Ray. Dark Pulse handles Ghost types, but HP Ice let's Ninetales go against Dragon types such as Salamence and Dragonite, something Ninetales has more struggle with. It also gives Ninetales more coverage. WoW helps Ninetales make up for its lacking defenses, as it lowers the foes Atk. Though, if that doesn't bother you, Confuse Ray works fine.

-Growth > Sludge Bomb on Venusaur. Sludge Bomb is STAB, though it has very poor coverage; HP Fire can cover the Grass types Venusaur can't touch with Giga Drain. Also, it lets Venusaur set up with +2 in Sun. Also, if you are having trouble with Heatran (which you will most likely have) You can consider Earthquake > Synthesis. You have Giga Drain and Black Sludge, your HP gain won't be that much of an issue, as no other moves can handle Heatran (par it doesn't hold Air Balloon, whereas you just switch out.)

-There is also an obvious weakness to Ice types in your team, I suggest Jirachi > Salamence for that reason, so you have an easier time checking those pesky dragons. Here is the set I recommend:

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 224 SDef / 252 HP / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Wish
    - U-turn

This set is also good for healing your teammates, as well as deal with any Ice type encounters. Jirachi can also go against Dragon types, which your team has trouble facing as well, and potentially paralyze it with Body Slam. The EV's could go to speed if you wish to have that Iron Head flinch effect.

-Also, this leaves your team without a Scarfer, which is vital for any OU team. I suggest Choice Scarf Infernape. It has the power, and that extra speed can outspeed Celebi, Starmie, and tie speed with Choice Scarf Keldeo, all of which bothers your team.

Good luck with the team! :)
  3. AeroNightmare

AeroNightmare

Donphan in sun is really good. I wouldn't run max attack evs though because he is still netting 2HKOs on most dragons regardless.

donphan@ leftovers
    sturdy
    252 HP 76 attack 182 def
    stealth rock
    ice shard
    earthquake
    rapid spin

This will help with keeping him alive and those 1v1s against gliscor(with no toxic) as well.

I would also try a scarf set for ape because you don't have a revenge killer. Also try out this victreebell set over saur.

@leftovers/life orb
    chlorophyll
    sleep powder/substitute/growth
    giga drain/leaf blade/solar beam
    weather ball
    hidden power ice/sucker punch

A lot of options here. Without three attacks its walled by a lot of things but you could go with sleep powder and growth late game to guarantee a boost.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)