Imminent Big Change: Keldeo

I wonder how Scarf Scizor would be as a teammate for Keldeo? Not only do they have excellent defensive synergy with eachother (especially in Rain), but beautiful offensive synergy as well. Scizor can outspeed, trap and OHKO Latios, Latias (hehe HP Fire my ass), Alakazam, Starmie and Slowking, thus instantly clearing the way for a Keldeo sweep.

With the news that knowing Secret Sword transforms Keldeo into the as of yet unavaliable Resolution Form:

Would Secret Sword be considered an Illegal move on Keldeo until Resolution Forme is avaliable? I'm not sure if there's was way to obtain the move in B/W as it is, which would keep Keldeo in it's Normal Form, because Resolution isn't in B/W.

Also, I imagine if Keldeo transforms when it knows this specific move, the form is more than a giveaway that it knows Secret Sword, and probobly has stat changes.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Err. I think a more serious implication to the form change would be the bewildered looks you'd get when Keldeo is not in resolution form.

I mean hey. We did at one point speculate Swords Dance to be a viable set for Keldeo, knowing no one would ever use it. But to actually go through with it...?

We should expect most Keldeo to be in Resolution from, bar any unforseen crippling stat changes.

I seriously doubt Keldeos stats will change at all.
Its not even a proper "Forme", just a plot-centered aesthetic change.

How can we be sure that Resolution has no stat changes? All the other forms in BW2 have had changes, why not Keldeo? If it doesn't have new stats, why wasn't the Resolution form in BW1?

Edit: Wait, did Kyurem?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now that you mention it, being in Resolution Form would be a pretty big, fat indicator Keldeo is using Secret Sword, but nothing solid is confirmed yet, and I think we can all assume that Mystery Sword's a staple, and nothing else.

Why do people keep saying Jellicent is a counter? He learns Calm Mind and he will be using HP Ghost. 90% of players will just keep setting up on Jellicent or 2HKO your ass at +1. Meanwhile, your best countermeasure is...Energy Ball. Don't bring him up in a serious discussion unless you're talking about Specs.

Why would you run HP Ghost? That's a terrible option. You could just run HP Ice/Grass so you can hit that as well as Politoad and other Water-Types

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mmkay, even though HP Ice/Grass can hit all those for SE, as well as being able to take down more Pokemon.
HP Grass hits Jellicent, Starmie and Slowbro out of all the pokes that resist Keldeo's STABs.

HP Ice hits Dragonite, Salamence, Lati@s, Venusaur and Celebi.

And HP Ghost hits Starmie, Slowbro, Lati@s, Celebi and Jellicent.

So the last 2 hidden powers are clearly the best, while HP Ghost entirely outclasses HP Grass.

HP Grass hits Jellicent, Starmie and Slowbro out of all the pokes that resist Keldeo's STABs.

HP Ice hits Dragonite, Salamence, Lati@s and Celebi.

And HP Ghost hits Starmie, Slowbro, Lati@s, Celebi and Jellicent.

So the last 2 hidden powers are clearly the best, while HP Ghost entirely outclasses HP Grass.
Oh? What about Gastrodon? And Swampert? as well as Defensive Vaporeon? and HP Ice hits Venasaur, which it otherwise can't hit

Now that you mention it, being in Resolution Form would be a pretty big, fat indicator Keldeo is using Secret Sword, but nothing solid is confirmed yet, and I think we can all assume that Mystery Sword's a staple, and nothing else.
With that in mind, since Resolution Form doesn't exist in BW where Keldeo can still learn Secret Sword without the giveaway appearance change, there really doesn't seem to be a reason to use Resolution Form ever if it really is just an aesthetic change. Unless there's more to it than a change in appearance, I can see Resolution Form usage being near zero, since the only reason to use it would be because it looks cool.

A Vaporeon like this wouldn't be a good way to stop Keldeo in rain?

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stored Power
- Scald
- Rest
- Acid Armor

He can come in on any unboosted move Keldeo throw on him, use rest to recover or just proceed to boost defense with acid armor, recover any move Keldeo use with rest while beating him with Stored Power after Acid Armor boosts.

+0 Hidden Power (Neutral): 12.3% - 14.7% (57 - 68)
+0 Hidden Power (2x): 24.6% - 29.3% (114 - 136)
+0 Sacred Sword: 45.3% - 53.2% (210 - 247)
+0 Hydro Pump (Raind): 23.5% - 27.8% (109 - 129)

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Lol that's a creative set @ Ska, but unfortunately your damage calcs below show that Secret Sword 2hkos with Stealth Rock up, so Vaporeon can't be considered a good counter, but could be a decent last resort option.

I don't know what OU metagame some of these people are playing, but OU will always be a "weatherwar" tier. It has been since Poli+Tales release, and will be they're deemed Uber, if they're deemed Uber. Adding Excadrill and Kelp won't be changing much. I can see Garchomp finally getting that retest he deserves and Thundurus, too, getting a retest, though, given he loves the rain, may be deemed Uber all over again. Excadrill probably won't be the best idea to drop down.

As far as I'm concerned the only hard "counter(s)" to Kelp are Latias, and to a lesser extent Latios and Toxicroak. Celebi is not doing much to Kelp, nor is Tenta/Jelli, so they're probably more likely to be checks rather than counters. I also appreciate the person that reminded some of the earlier posters what checks and counters are, as, we learned Starmie, Dragonite, Salamence, Tentacruel, Jellicent, Celebi, etc. are not counters.

Kelp will definitely be destroying near everything in rain. 2HKOing just about the entire metagame with Hydro Pump is a major accomplishment, a Sp-hitter eliminating Blissey without boosts, not to mention pretty amazing typing matched only by Poliwrath, who might as well not exist at all; I think it's safe to say Kelp will be considered one of the best sweepers of BW2's metagame.

Politoed and its drizzle was deemed fine for OU even before the coucil was around. Ninetails isn't even in the top 20, and the only sun abuser in OU, is barely OU. If you honestly believe Garchomp and Thundurus where ubers because of the weather at all, your disillusioning yourself. A special type beating Blissey doesn't make it uber at all, just look at calm mind Jirachi and Reunicles. As for the fate of Keldeo, we will just see.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
HP Dark has the negative of raising the attack of Justified users (Terrakion and Virizion) and being resisted by Toxicroak.
Also, nobody would switch a Normal-type into Keldeo anyway thanks to STAB Secret Sword. This applies to every other Fighting-type pokémon, therefore they use Ghost attacks instead of Dark if possible.

Speaking of wich, how much Chansey and Blissey would take from both Secret Sword and rain-boosted Hydro Pump?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)