Immunimons!

Greninja is Meta knight tier. Also your useful notes might actually mislead. Here's a better example: Greninja after using Spikes can't be hurt by Earthquake, and Normal Pinsir can Return Skarmory, but Mega-Pinsir can't Return it since it's changed to flying.

I don't think Mold Breaker bypasses the effect of Intense Sunlight just because it's being caused by an Ability. It's not like Mold Breaker bypasses normal weather effects.

Dragon and Ghost are of course the most significant change, going from being weak to themselves to being immune -most notably, this leaves Ghost with only one weakness, to Dark.

The next most notable is all the types that are neutral on themselves -Ground, Flying, Bug, Normal, Rock, Fighting, and Fairy. Flying particularly stands out, since it means tons of things can fairly safely switch in on Talonflame, potentially outspeed (Because it's a bulky Talonflame and they're speed-specced, or they're Scarfed outright, or because they're one of the short list of Pokemon with a native Speed advantage, like Shaymin-Sky), and in any event if they have native resistance to Fire they can outright force it out or KO it. (Note that Charizard gets Ancient Power, for instance, is immune to both of its STABs, doubly resistant to U-Turn, and resistant to Steel Wing while we're at it)

Everything else already resists itself, which means a lot of time it's not that big a difference for them. (Mega Venusaur being immune to Grass instead of doubly resistant isn't much of a change, for instance)

Type combinations of particular interest, skipping over the Ghosts and Dragons for the moment...

Grass/Flying has erased its weakness to Flying. Most of them still can't take on Talonflame, but it's neat anyway.

Bug/Flying has erased its weakness to Flying too, though their real problem has always been the double Rock weakness...

And Fighting/Flying erases its weakness to Flying -which is to say Unburden Hawlucha is a bigger menace to Talonflame than Talonflame is to it! (Rock Slide, OHKO)

Speaking of Fighting, Fighting/Rock is no longer weak to Fighting. Hooray for Terrakion!

Fighting/Steel, on the other hand, has stripped away its weakness to Fighting, leaving it only weak to Fire and Ground. This is particularly notable for meaning that Lucario cannot simply be Mach Punched to death by Hitmontop or Conkeldurr, but it's also notable because a lot of Fighting types carry Fighting moves to counter Steel types with no Ground or Fire moves. A Conkeldurr running Drain Punch/Knock Off/Stone Edge/Mach Punch is not a real threat to Lucario.

Fighting/Ice... doesn't exist.

Fighting/Dark is still held back by the double Fairy weakness, but honestly Scrafty is still pretty happy with this -one of its biggest problems is how many Fighting types will go before it and OHKO it with a High Jump Kick or similar. Oh and there's Pangoro, but it's Pangoro.

And Fighting/Normal is stripped of its weakness to Fighting, hooray for Mega Loppuny.

Normal, collectively mainly has one point of note beyond the aforementioned Normal/Fighting -which is that Exploud has no reason to run Soundproof, since its typing protects it from almost all Sound moves. Well, that and in a Doubles format Boomburst abuse in general gets a leg up -Exploud can run Scrappy and Boomburst alongside Chatot without either of them KOing each other, which is fantastic, and Noivern still has Telepathy. I suppose people might even run Swellow in such a team?

Bug/Dark... doesn't exist yet, sadly.

Bug/Psychic... doesn't exist yet, sadly.

Bug/Grass erases its weakness to Bug, but nobody cares because the real problem with Bug/Grass is that it's doubly weak to Fire and Flying.

Yeah Bugs don't get a lot out of this.

Ground/Steel is no longer weak to Ground hooray! I don't know how well Mega Steelix works, but I don't think non-Mega Steelix actually cares that much. Excadrill, on the other hand, is a nightmare, and can freely switch in on "edgequake" without fear and then Iron Head the jerks to death. Though Excadrill is also hilariously bad at taking itself down -you can actually switch Excadrill in on Excadrill and end up in silly "Set Stealth Rocks, Rapid Spin, set Stealth Rocks, Rapid Spin" wars of struggling to hurt each other, giving up in favor of setting hazards, clearing the hazards the other guy set up in his own frustration, etc.

Ground/Poison is no longer vulnerable to Ground. Fear the Nidos!

Ground/Electric... means Stunfisk. Sure, it's nice that it's no longer weak to Ground, but who is going to use it anyway?

Ground/Fire has only one weakness -a double weakness to Water, admittedly, but for instance Camerupt can switch in on Excadrill and scare it out effortlessly, instead of this being a quick suicide. And as has already been mentioned, Primal Groudon has zero weaknesses. Ha ha Kyogre, you're the bad one in this meta!

And Ground/Rock is immune to Ground rather than vulnerable and immune to Rock instead of resistant! Hooray! Except nobody cares because it's still doubly weak to Grass and Water. I dunno, I guess this means Golem can switch with impunity into Gliscor... (You'd think Gliscor would just resent having another immunity to Ground, but it means that even while Roosting it's immune!)

Rock/Bug is no longer weak to Rock, heck yeah! (What happens with Stealth Rock that is already up, by the way? Would Crustle take no damage?) It even partially appreciates the immunity to Bug, too, since it wasn't already resistant.

Rock/Ice is marginally improved by no longer being weak to Rock itself. It's still doubly weak to Fighting and Steel, weak to Ground, Grass and Water, and... yeah.

Rock/Fire... is awful regardless, and one of its only good points is the double resistance to Fire, which is a joke when any random Fire type is completely immune.

And Rock/Flying is that little bit better. Aerodactyl is now king of laughing off "edgequake", and if that's all you've got it will kill you.

Fairy/Dark... doesn't exist, sadly.

Fairy/Dragon... is just Mega Altaria, but it is nice that that it's no longer weak to Fairy. Though the immunity to Dragon is redundant.

And Fairy/Fighting... doesn't exist, alas.

And that's all the types (Other than Dragon and Ghost) where they can be vulnerable to themselves with the right combination.

Hoopa is the only Ghost/Psychic currently, which is the only way to be doubly weak to Ghost... and it also makes you doubly weak to Dark... but that's something for Hoopa.

Some more general stuff includes...

-Any Dark type is a safe switch-in on a Knock Off, even keeping their item! They also can't be Taunted, Tormented, Foul Played, they can be used to Switcheroo-block (Take that Choice Specs Noivern!), can't denied their item by Thief or Embargo, can't be put to sleep by Dark Void (Take that Smeargle!), are immune to Parting Shot and Topsy-Turvy (ImmuniSTABmons would be interesting), and probably other interesting attacking moves.

-All Normal types must be force-switched by Dragon Tail or Circle Throw, making them vastly more relevant as Baton Pass recipients. Also it means it's a lot harder to force-switch a Smeargle intending to Baton Pass. It also means that, for instance, Skarmory setting hazards and then Whirlwinding as its entire movepool is instantly walled by any single Normal type on the team. Porygon-Z pops in, says "hi", Thunderbolts you.

-They're also immune to Disable, Encore, Glare, Transform (Which mostly means Mew and Smeargle can't copy an allied Normal type in a Doubles or Triples format), Perish Song (?), Swagger (No Swagplay for you), Pain Split (Finally a way to Pain Split block Eviolite Dusclops and the like!), Attract, Psych Up (Reinforcing that they're great Baton Pass recipients, unless you're in Doubles/Triples and want to Psych Up your own ally), Rapid Spin (Spinblock ho!), Entrainment, Simple Beam, Bestow (whatever), and probably other interesting attacking moves.

-Ground types Spikes-block, Poison types Toxic Spikes-block, and Rock types Stealth Rock-block.

-Psychic types can be used to Trick-block, cannot be copied by Role Play or targeted by Skill Swap, caged by Imprison, can Psycho Shift-block, block Heal Block, block Guard Swap, block Power Swap, block Heart Swap, block Guard Split, block Power Split, and can't be healed by Heal Pulse. (Darn)

-Poison types cannot have their Ability suppressed by Gastro Acid. (I can't think of a reason to care)

-Grass types cannot have their Ability suppressed by Worry Seed. (But nobody does that anyway...)

-Flying types can Defog-block. Behold the ultimate hazard-clearing-attempt-blocker: Drifblim! Oh and every random Normal/Flying type.

-Are Bug types thus immune to Rage Powder? And Normal types to Follow Me? In any event Bugs can Sticky Web-block.

EDIT: To add to my comment about un-switchable Normal types, I should clarify that if behind a Substitute the only way it might be possible to force-switch them is to be an Infiltrator using Circle Throw or Dragon Tail. Even aside from the fact that I'm not sure the mechanics work that way, that means... Seviper. That's it, that's all.

Last edited:
If they ever make an Ubers version of this, I'm going to state the obvious and say Giratina is going to be king wall once again, with immunity to everything Ghost and Dragon, which help it immensely. Kyurem also appreciates the boost, losing a weakness (Dragon) and a neutrality (Ice). Rock types seem that bit better with immunity to Stealth rocks and Ground types being immune to Spikes (i think?). I see BP Smeargle as one of few big threats, along with Sableye (no more taunting!), Excadrill (I'm scared already) and finally every single one Normal/Dark types in general. They love this meta!

canno

formerly The Reptile
the lord is here

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Aerodactyl doesn't understand what your "Hazards" are. Yep, Rock / Flying is completely immune to all forms of hazards (except for a few rare occasions, but nothing to worry about) thanks to Rock making it immune to Stealth Rock and Flying avoiding all other hazards. Doesn't use its old 44 Def spread because, well, it's immune to TFlame's Brave Bird so it doesn't care about getting 2HKO'd by it anymore. It can also function as a Defog blocker thanks to Flying-type, which is also amazing. I'm running the stall breaker set because I think its super neat, although the all-out attacker with Stone Edge / Fire Fang (EQ isn't as good here imo while Stone Edge can pop any Fire-types trying to get cute) / Ice Fang / Aerial Ace. Aqua Tail pops Rock-types, specifically Terrakion - CC still hurts, although it is immune to Stone Edge. Roost is for that stall break factor. You could also run normal aero as a hazard setter but that's a waste imo - the offensive sets are much better due to its neat qualities it gets (hazard immunity, defog block, ect)

There's also Archeops, although I think M-Aero is much better due to being more consistent and faster - hell I'd use Normal Aero over this. However, Archeops has great stats and doesn't take up your mega slot. Defeatist is also not as bad since you no longer take 25% from Rocks on switch in. It also has other tricks up its sleeves, such as being able to use Heat Wave, U-Turn, and Knock Off. I can't think of a good set, but something that can abuse these traits is best.

Last edited:
Normal/Flying types (basically Staraptor is the only viable one) is a perfect spin blocker, nullifying both Rapid Spin and Defog.

Reactions: Jho
Lanturn doesn't need Volt Absorb or Water Absorb... which is unfortunate, because it's other option is Illuminate. Hooray.

Flash Fire users

Now Ninetales really has no reason to run Flashfire. Just run Drought.

Arcanine should probably just stick to Justified or better yet Intimidate.

Rapidash has... Flame Body. Or Run Away. Go with Flame Body.

Heatran might finally run Flame Body!

Flareon should just always run Guts. Which is painful, since that means a Toxic Orb for proper abuse...

Typhlosion... should probably still run Flashfire because if you're running Typhlosion that probably means Eruption. Unless native immunity override these Abilities, in which case oh god never run Flashfire on anything.

Houndoom... uh... it gets Early Bird and Unnerve. Whoopee.

Entei's Flashfire is still unreleased anyway, but now you have even less reason to run it!

Chandelure should probably just stick to Infiltrator, not Flame Body. Unless you want that sweet Flashfire boost. Keep in mind any enemy with a Fire type can wall your Flashfire boost though.

Heatmor... urgh... gets White Smoke and Gluttony... eeeeugh...

Sap Sippers

Sawsbuck and Gogoat have even less reason to run it than they already do.

Nobody else is really changed.

Motor Drives

Electivire should basically just run Vital Spirit, Zebstrika should basically just run Sap Sipper, and Emolga should... not be run at all... but if you do consider Static over Motor Drive.

Lightning Rods

... mostly either the Pokemon shouldn't be running it anyway (Rhyperior, Marowak) or doesn't have much in the way of better options. (PLUSLE RUNS PLUS. THIS HELPS IN SINGLES) Seaking being the one exception that loves it for immunity, and this has no relevance to Immunimons.

Storm Drains

Gastrodon no longer needs this to protect itself! But it will probably run it anyway because it's alternatives are Sticky Hold and Sand Force. (Sand team Gastrodon new meta?)

Lumineon never had any business running it anyway, and has even less reason now.

The other folks aren't Water type!

Volt Absorbers

Uuuuuh I guess Jolteon can run Quick Feet.

Honestly, everything that gets Volt Absorb except Lanturn (Who can run Water Absorb instead) has little reason to run anything else. (Except that Raikou doesn't have it released) Thundurus-Therian doesn't even have any other options.

Water Absorbers

The main ones that stand out are Seismitoad, Quagsire, and Jellicent. The first two can use it to cover a weakness and no longer care about that component, while Jellicent likes it for BULK and especially for Doubles/Triples Trick Room Water Spout abuse. It's either that or Cursed Body (Pretty decent, mind) or damp.

Shedinja is no longer vulnerable to Ghost. Pretty neat.

Thick Fat is less useful for Mamoswine, Dewgong, and Walrein. This is most relevant to Mamoswine, who is normally neutral to Ice and vulnerable to Fire, but here is immune to Ice... and still vulnerable to Fire, so it'll probably run it anyway.

Normalize is even more awful than ever before -now every random Normal type will wall anything you have, even Status moves! On the other hand, a Doubles version of this would have Normalize Ghost much more obnoxious, since Delcatty would become immune once its Normalize was on enemies!

Two-turn moves are even more terrible, since the enemy can completely waste them, even when it's stuff like Fly. (Which normally nothing is immune to)

Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance are also even worse than usual -Outrage can be blocked not only by Fairies but also Dragons, Thrash not only by Ghosts but also Normal types, and Petal Dance can be blocked by Grass types.

Self-Destruct and Explosion are even riskier, since any random Normal type switching in wastes the move, in addition to any random Ghost type switching in. (Mega Glalie's Ice Explosion also loses its nifty utility of being unblockable -now any random Ice type will cause it to be wasted)

Seismic Toss is walled by Fighting types (Screw you Blissey) and Night Shade by Ghost types. Note that this means Ghost types are immune to both of these.

By the same token, Wobbuffet is unhappy with this meta, since Fighting types can freely attack Physically into it (Barring Destiny Bond) and Psychic types can freely attack Specially into it. (Again, barring Destiny Bond)

Meanwhile Metal Burst is useless against Steel types.

High Jump Kick is riskier than ever -in addition to Protect, just plain missing, and Ghosts switching in, now any Fighting type that switches in will cause things to go horribly wrong. Mienshao is now basically hard-countered by its fellow Fighting types.

Super Fang is walled by Normal types. Useless against Eviolite Chansey/Blissey!

Feint also fails against Normal types in addition to Ghost types. Not sure any of them really care in a Singles context, though.

Dark types are additionally fearless in the face of Pursuit.

Have I mentioned you can't Fake Out a Normal type?

Wall Malamar with Fighting types. It can't Superpower its way to victory on them!

Psychic types completely wall Stored Power.

It's worth noting that Mega Altaria has tremendous difficulty hurting Fairies -and for a instance a Return/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Dragon Dance set would be completely helpless against Togekiss.

An out of control Sucker Punch rampage can be handily stopped by a faster Dark type.

Block U-Turn with Bugs and Volt Switch with Electric types! Take that, momentum!

It's finally possible to wall Mega Kangaskhan -Mega Lopunny and Meloetta-Pirouette resist Sucker Punch/Crunch and are immune to Return/Frustration and Power Up Punch/Drain Punch, leaving Earthquake as Mega Kangaskhan's only viable way to hurt them. Of course, Meloetta has to first use Relic Song to transform, so it's not revenge-KOing Mega Kangaskhan... oh and Meloetta-Pirouette is even harder to access. (Or does Relic Song transform Meloetta even if it fails to do damage?)

In general Choice-locking is a lot weaker because any move you use can potentially be blocked!

Hey here's a question: do Future Sight and Doom Desire fail if the current target is Psychic or Steel, respectively, or do they only do zero damage when they arrive?

Lucario might actually run Ground to counter itself!

Azumarill can now genuinely switch in on Scald, without having to worry about being Burned!

Final Gambit, like Self-Destruct and Explosion, is riskier than ever -just switch in a Fighting type to waste it. For that matter, the useless Memento is riskier, since a Ghost will be unaffected.

Dark types laugh off Snarl, while Bug types laugh off Struggle Bug.

Oh and all partial trapping moves are even more problematic to use -Infestation will fail on a Bug type, for instance, where normally Shedinja is the only thing it fails against.

My point was: Wobbuffet can Destiny Bond Psychic and Fighting types to take care of them, even though it can't Mirror Coat or Counter, respectively, those Pokemon.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Actually I see Gastrodon running Sticky Hold, as it can tank Knock Offs like a champ. This is very helpful vs Bisharp especially, as it also resists Iron Head and takes neutral from Low Kick.

I still think you should probably just run some other Ground / Water but Gastro if used would prefer Sticky Hold unless it's like specs gasto in sand or something.

shedinja now has 1 less weakness

in other news, Primal Groudon is still weak to grass as fat as I know.

Rotom-wash now resists ice and is immune to electric, making the famous BoltBeam combo innefective on it. crap.

Last edited:
shedinja now has 1 less weakness

in other news, Primal Groudon is still weak to grass as fat as I know.

water/dragon types, like kingdra, have no weaknesses tho. also, rotom-wash now resists ice and is immune to electric, making the famous BoltBeam combo innefective on it. crap.
Water/Dragon types are unfortunately still weak to fairy.

Ghost/Dark mons (Sableye, Sableye-M, Spiritomb) are immune to ALL the following:
Normal
Fighting
Psychic
Ghost
Dark ...

With only a Fairy weakness. They also have a resistance to Poison moves.

A little scary, maybe?

Given a lot of Pokemon end up relying on Ghost or Dark moves to push damage through on them, pretty scary. The big question is what kinds of Pokemon will rise to prominence -if Fairies are everywhere anyway, Ghost/Dark won't be all that great a thing to be.

Colour Change Kecleon might actually be useful in this tier, since any SE move, or move that is a 2HKO, doesn't affect Kecleon on the next turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)