RMT Immuniscarves MkII: A fun team for CAP

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A team based on The Original for Gen 4.

The goal of this team is to trick Choice Scarf onto opponents, then use the team's large list of immunities to eventually emerge victorious. It's been updated for Gen 5, here are the results:

Kitsunoh @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Trick
- ShadowStrike
- U-turn
- Superpower

Kitsunoh is what I usually lead with, because Frisk is incredibly helpful in determining the enemy I'm fighting. Kit's job is to scout out the enemy, Trick them a Scarf, and then U-turn out to fight later. It brings Ghost, Fighting, and Steel immunities.

Necturna @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Forewarn
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 HP / 228 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick

Necturna is the second of my Choice Scarf trickers. It's EV's to outspeed Heatran without its Scarf, and otherwise its an attacking Necturna. Necturna gives the team a plethora of useful resistances along with Ghost and Fighting immunities. Doubling up on a Rapid Spin immunity is great, and Horn Leech gives Necturna a fair amount of useful life. Shadow Sneak gives the team priority, and Stone Edge is very useful coverage.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Spd / 28 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Trick

Ah, ScarfKiss. This thing is amazing, even if it has to switch out afterward I've won battles because of a timely Thunder Wave before, since it completely neuters even Scarved opponents. Otherwise it can hax through foes with Air Slash or use Aura Sphere for coverage. Togekiss brings Ground and Ghost immunities. The SR weak is unfortunate, but Togekiss is simply excellent at what it does.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 Atk / 192 Spd / 144 HP / 76 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Protect

Flygon has been re-purposed from the last team. Rather than break foes with Life Orb, it instead plays defense and shuffles them with Dragon Tail, crushing anything weak to Ground with Earthquake. Protect, Roost, and Leftovers keep it healthy. With Ground and Electric immunities, Flygon makes a perfect partner for Heatran, which resists its Ice and Dragon weaknesses. Flygon has enough Speed to outrun Modest Tornadus, the rest is allocated to Defenses, and some Attack. I'm still playing with the EVs on this.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Heatran brings more huge resistances, and critically, a Fire immunity. The hardest part is getting Heatran out to Stealth Rock, but once it does, the rest of the team can work their magic. Flamethrower and Earth Power provide the coverage Heatran needs to do its job, Since the Trick Pokemon can often rid foes of Air Balloons, and once a foe is Scarfed, Heatran can scout it with Protect. SpD Tran is amazing in the meta, it laughs at ToxicStall Tomohawk.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Scald
- Roar

Vaporeon is the final part of the core, and BW gave it two huge blessings: It's Wish now heals based on Vaporeon's massive HP (so it heals other Pokemon much more), and Scald gives it both status and a STAB to work with, allowing it to put Roar on the set. It still has Water Absorb for its Water immunity.

In general I'm still testing the team out, and while I worried about a lack of Psychic immunity before, there's really no Pokemon you can add to fix the problem. I was also thinking about Toxic Spikes for Necturna, but the situational status from Togekiss' Thunder Wave can be much more valuable, and the whole point of the team is to systematically eliminate the opposing teams options until they are stuck with a Scarfed Pokemon in an untenable situation, and must sacrifice it. Then the natural diversity of the team can finish foes off.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I don't see why a Psychic immunity would be the biggest issue for this team - you have two resists, in Kit and (BAN ME PLEASE), and Necky and Kit both hit for SE damage with Kit also resisting the common partner of Focus Blast

I really don't see a way to improve the team? I mean other than why would you run Flygon over Dnite? Dnite makes a better shuffler in general, with the ability to spread secondary Para and with multiscale. The loss of an electric immune hurts, but I'd at least try it out.

I must ask one question, and it's kind of a big deal for your team:
How do you beat Tomohawk?​
You don't control weather, so rain will always be up, meaning it Subs up on Heatran, Necturna, and Kitsunoh (Yes, ShadowStrike fails to break bulky Tomo's Subs). Once set up, your best switch-in is Vaporeon, which can't take repeated Hurricanes, and after that it rips your team a new one. This is especially problematic because you will never Trick Tomohawk, seeing as Prankster Sub always goes first and blocks it. Granted, Kitsunoh at least resists both of Tomohawk's STABs, but that isn't enough when Hurricane does 35% and Kitsunoh can't break a Sub (or weather it down considering Roost). Ways to help this problem include running your own Tomohawk over Togekiss, giving up Necturna entirely for something like Espeon, or running a Choice Band on Kitsunoh. These are the best ways to solve the issue without changing your team too much.

Other than that super glaring weakness, the only other small change is to run Limber on Kitsunoh over Frisk. Pokemon items are mostly predictable these days, and Frisk simply does not provide enough information to merit using it over giving a super speedster paralysis immunity.

Hopefully this helps!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
^exactly what Dusk just said.

The easiest thing I see that could be done to this team to deal with Tomohawk is just to replace something with a Krilowatt. Vaporeon is the msot obvious for being a Water-type, but obviously wish support is hard to give up. I think I would recommend replacing either Necturna or Kitsunoh though, since having two trick-scarfing Ghosts is a bit excessive. Krillowatt also tends to lure in things perfect for Togekiss or Heatran, so I don't think you lose much synergy.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I must ask one question, and it's kind of a big deal for your team:
How do you beat Tomohawk?​
You don't control weather, so rain will always be up, meaning it Subs up on Heatran, Necturna, and Kitsunoh (Yes, ShadowStrike fails to break bulky Tomo's Subs). Once set up, your best switch-in is Vaporeon, which can't take repeated Hurricanes, and after that it rips your team a new one. This is especially problematic because you will never Trick Tomohawk, seeing as Prankster Sub always goes first and blocks it. Granted, Kitsunoh at least resists both of Tomohawk's STABs, but that isn't enough when Hurricane does 35% and Kitsunoh can't break a Sub (or weather it down considering Roost). Ways to help this problem include running your own Tomohawk over Togekiss, giving up Necturna entirely for something like Espeon, or running a Choice Band on Kitsunoh. These are the best ways to solve the issue without changing your team too much.

Other than that super glaring weakness, the only other small change is to run Limber on Kitsunoh over Frisk. Pokemon items are mostly predictable these days, and Frisk simply does not provide enough information to merit using it over giving a super speedster paralysis immunity.

Hopefully this helps!
Tomohawk is overblown. First, it has to switch in on something other than Trick (and can't come in on Togekiss, ever.), if Tomohawk gets tricked it's rendered worthless. Aura Sphere variants are useless against Kit unless it just wants to stall haplessly. Hurricane variants only have 8 PP of actual attacks to use against Heatran, so smart play can usually stall it out, especially if I can get it a Wish from Vappy after it eats a few. The more offensive versions can't deal well with Togekiss. Running my own Tomohawk over Togekiss to counter another is counter-productive. Not only can't it Trick, it's *weak* to Hurricane and makes the Tomohawk weakness *worse*. Togekiss can eat a Hurricane to Air Slash break a Sub, an opposing Tomohawk can't.

One other thing I could do is shift EVs on Heatran to 252 Modest with 56 HP / 200 SpD. This enables Flamethrower to break Tomohawks Subs, even in Rain, 100% of the time. Roost or no, my team can afford to stall out the PP of Tomohawk's attack, and if Tomohawk gets burned by Scald or Flamethrower, it won't be able to outlast. That said, I did take it into consideration. I'm actually thinking of making a similar team, only Rain-based.

It might be worth it, actually, to give Vaporeon Hydration instead of Water Absorb, which fixes the status problem entirely against Rain teams.

I might consider putting a band on Kitsunoh so it can break those Subs. In general though the entire point of having 3 TrickScarfers is to make it untenable for any stalling Pokemon to switch in safely.

Really, the most dangerous Tomo set to this particular team is Sub/Rapid Spin/Aura Sphere/Hurricane. By comparison the Bulky Staller is a low order threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)