imperfectluck and OmegaDonut (Un)do the Bible Belt - Nashville VGC 2009 Warstory

Discussion in 'VGC' started by ΩDonut, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Thanks, man!

I also edited in the third part of the warstory.

EDIT: And I snatched a photo from doctorboyfriend's Facebook album and put it in the first post.
  2. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

congrats IPL for winning
  3. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Woah, what got him DQd?
  4. drcossack

drcossack I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

IIRC, he had a bunch of PRNG'd Shinies, but I believe he was DQ'd for having multiple copies of the Grass Knot TM, which you can only get one of.

That's BS too - between trading and GTS cloning, it's very easy to get multiple copies of any TM.
  5. ΩDonut

is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Specifically he had my PRNG'd shinies - the ones that I used in Nashville.
  6. drcossack

drcossack I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

Ah. Either way, it's still stupid.

I suppose it could always be worse though. At least they HAVE hack checks - there weren't any years ago. During the RBY days, I played in a few Stadium Tour events and Nintendo definitely didn't check for illegal stuff (at the very least, they never checked me.) It wouldn't have been much of a stretch to run into a 999x5 Mewtwo or Mew back then, 'cause both Ubers were allowed (and you could get a Mew at the event anyway)

Still, even if they fuck it up, I at least have to give the tourney organizers credit for trying to detect hacks.
  7. mattj

mattj blatant Nintendo fanboy

Yeah, I guess that's true. But still. Those could have been totally legit?!?!?!

What happened to innocent until proven guilty!
  8. Zog

Zog

I used a full team of RNG'd shinies at London and passed a rigorous hackcheck (in the aftermath of Illegal Blissey Guy). They came out fine, though labcoat man looked a bit awkward and told me the test had also said my game cart was fake, which was weird to say the least. He asked me where I got it from so I just answered I got it off play.com on the release date and he was k with that, disregarding the result as a side-effect of the other guy's hacking. Was true about how I got the game anyway. Then I heard nothing else of the 'fake game' allegation.

Oh and "innocent until proven guilty" is rubbish because all the chavs tell their mates to give them an alibi, and criminals intimidate witnesses into going along with their story, and so people get away with things that they shouldn't. =P
  9. viperGTS

viperGTS

Haha this was a great read, i lol'ed at round one!
  10. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

What's with the baby seat? The biggest mystery of all was never explained!
  11. ΩDonut

We never found out.
  12. rojo23

rojo23

This was Awesome to read

and congrats to you and ipl
  13. lucariojr

lucariojr all that glitters is not golduck
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I saved the match too! It was a fun match, but it was sad to lose! I've got a new Tricky team if you want to try it sometime. I'm really considering keeping Fudgie on, but it's been losing lately. The Platinum/HGSS tutor moves are catching up to me, I guess. >>;

Sorry for the necro, but my buddy showed me this, and it was pretty cool to be mentioned in such a way. :D

And if you don't believe me, I still have my team sheet. ;0
  14. JRank

JRank
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The Battle Recorder wouldn't let me watch your videos.
  15. ΩDonut

That's because videos disappear from the Battle Recorder server after a while. The surest way to save them is through youtube.
  16. Megan_Fox

Megan_Fox

nice story 10/10 i wonder if your gf's assumption was right lmao. readin this story made me wish i did vgc's. sounds fun
  17. jc104

jc104 Humblest person ever
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Nice story. Man you guys are crazy - I'm too embarrassed even to buy a 4th Gen pokemon game.
  18. Nerdling

Nerdling

Lucariojr, why the hell did you decide to necro a nine-month-old thread?
  19. Lockeness

Lockeness (e^(i╥))+1=0

I laughed out loud at this warstory. I thought the car trip was funny and all of the n00bs at the tournament made me laugh. Good Luck to both of you.
  20. Ontop

Ontop

Why were this necro bumped from 22 jun to 6 Mar?
  21. tup

tup

Haha, all this while I was thinking that I missed a pokemon vcg!
    Anyway, good read...
  22. -Meowth-

-Meowth-

Great story, I enjoyed it a lot. I actually enjoy all VGC warstories
  23. Purimpopoie

Purimpopoie

After reading the warstory, I realize that I battled Josh in the first round (My CS DV Smeargle missed Zapdos with the 'void and got CH'd out of the game. Things went downhill from there). I also believe I met Steve and Matt, and talked with them before the tournament. But my brother and I left (we had things to do at home) shortly after I lost.

It's a little late, but congradulations on winning the Nashville Regional.
  24. Galactic Boss Cyrus

Galactic Boss Cyrus

This title suggests something that shouldn't be suggested...
  25. Duplicated

Duplicated

I guess one of the best moment, back at the event, would be when the judges (and everyone else who ain't part of Smogon) saw those RNG'd pokemons. Priceless.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)