Data Implementation of the ASB Council (COUNCIL ANNOUNCED)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome, members of the CAPASB community. The purpose of this thread is to inform you of the implementation of the soon to be created CAPASB Council / Committee. As those of you who have been around the ASB scene for a while know, and as news for those of you who are somewhat newer to the game, the driving forces behind ASB have slowly stepped back from the game, finalizing a transition that has been in progress for a while. The creator of the game, Deck Knight, has a life with commitments. The lovable dictator, SevenDeadlySins, is inactive. Alchemator is on a Leave of Absence. This has left something of a power vacuum in ASB when it comes to implementing changes to the game. The ASB council is the solution to this.

The goal and purpose of the ASB council will be to provide a body of ASB users that can rationally, quickly and efficiently judge and implement ideas proposed for ASB, without having to defer to one of the heads of the game for approval. In essence, ASB is moving to a more autonomous state. While the council will inform Deck Knight should any major game altering changes be considered, in all other matters the Council will have the authority to decide and implement changes.

While, part of this thread’s purpose is for information, it is also important for application. The other purpose of this thread will be for members of the community to apply for positions among the ASB Council, planned to contain 5-7 members for authority. Applicants must fulfill three criteria:
  • Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise irc for the purpose of communication with fellow councilmen. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent, unannounced breaks.
  • Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want council member to have an understanding of the history of ASB. If you joined ASB only recently, do not expect to be chosen.
  • Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters.

If you believe you fulfill the above criteria to a high degree, you may apply for a position on the ASB council. In order to apply, you must post in this thread indicating your wish to be a part of the council. In your post / application, you are expected to explain why you believe you are a suitable choice for the ASB council, and why the council selectors should consider you for the position.

Finally, this thread is also a place for feedback on this system. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to PM myself, Objection, or CMFP and we will be glad to answer your query. Other comments may also be posted in this thread. Good luck to all applicants and a hurrah for a bright future for ASB!

As a final note, even if you do not believe you should be part of the council, also post in this thread if you wish to be part of the group of people who selects the council members. While there is no guarantee you will be approved, the more knowledgeable objectivity the better.

Mibbit link to get onto irc, should you not already know how: http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#capasb&server=irc.synirc.net

Well, I'll apply for a position on the council.

First of all, I've been around for more than 1 1/2 years, and in this time, I have been very active. Secondly, having battled nearly 70 times and reffed even more battles and facility challenges, I am confident in my knowledge about how things work (and always look up anything I am uncertain on). Thirdly, these reasons were enough for me to be entrusted with project mods, allowing me to update the Data Audit Thread with any new information - a privilege that I have already used several times. Fourthly, I am capable of putting forward a case for a particular ruling but also take arguments against into consideration.

Therefore, Objection as ASB council member is a logical choice.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I'm in for council member. I've been around since February, and since semester is finished now I'll be on a lot. Also, projmods, gym leader, gym exec, battling and reffing.

And I tend to be pretty vocal about new ideas, positively or negatively. I'm the kind of person who would do well on the new committee.

EDIT: Also, since we're doing this here, I volunteer for the council-electing-council-electing-council. As I feel like this might create a conflict of interests, I won't be applying for the council-electing-council-electing-council-electing-council-electing council.

I tend to agree with many of Athenodoros' stances in the general thread, but maybe with a bit more clarity. I think that a better system would be having a group of people- perhaps seven, nine, some arbitrary tie-proof number- who vote on changes. If (arbitrary number)+ people nominate a proposal, it could be voted on by the larger group. I also think we need a clear process for replacing inactive council members.

~~~

With that said, I'll apply for council. I've been around since development in varying levels of activity, manned an RP for a while, and nowadays ref gyms. Bar campouts and periodic off-weeks, I'm on the forums daily and irc quite frequently. Notably, I am very vocal about opinions and tend to agitate issues that are problematic, with Illuminate, inactive project mods, and replacing the gym committee among the most recent. While my knowledge of mechanics is somewhat lacking at the very find points, I have a working knowledge that comes from playing for so long and seeing the game evolve.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm also applying for council member as one of if not the most active member in #capasb and a very active and engaged battler. while i may not be one of the ancients like df, engi, or objection, i've been around long enough to definitely know my shit and consider myself a decently skilled battler. I'm quick to respond with opinions and suggestions for most things in the feedback thread (which is the point of the council after all).

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Application? Sure, I guess I should.

I'm a longstanding member of ASB holding a Gym, and more than qualified.

• I'm a regular on IRC to a daily basis. Any time I have had to leave for a week or two and been uncertain as to whether I would be able to order/ref, I have announced it well in advance.
  • I have been around ASB since the Registration Tower opened, I was one of the first people to ever evolve a pokémon, and was the first person to ever make a prize claim. I was also the second person to join the IRC chat in the history of the chat, including DK (I have logs of IRC dating back to the beginning of the chat before it was fully registered).
  • I am an active Gym Leader, Facility and TLR Ref. I have been requested to ref large matches, such as the HLM.
  • I am a project moderator, active in the progress of new rulings and also providing assistance for people with issues understanding any rules.

I believe my list of qualifications makes me a strong choice for the Council. I'm also well known for being steadfast in my opinion until such an opinion is proven wrong, and I willing to let people present evidence to do so.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I expect I will take a facilitatory role with the council, I will nominate myself to be a part of it as well.

I have been a part of ASB since July of the same year of its inception, nearly and year and a half to this point. During that period of time I have intermittently been highly active, with two periods of quitting ASB. Since my most recent return after a month long hiatus in August, my drive and commitment towards ASB has been higher than ever. I am consistently among the top 5 speakers in #capasb, peaking at #1 at one point in time. I consistently offer a voice and opinion on potential changes and rulings made within the channel. While my w/l/t record is not the most impressive, in battles where I apply myself I am one of the better battlers in the forum. From my reffing experiences I have gained a high degree of knowledge about the mechanics of the game.

Perhaps more important is the knowledge I have of how a council structure works effectively and the ability I have to objectively make decisions. Being an RU Mod and member of the RU Senate, having run suspect discussions for the tier numerous times; I am experienced in structuring a discussion and a debate among members of a group or council, and effectively getting things done.

While I plan to ensure the smooth operation of the ASB council in a facilitative manner regardless of whether I am selected to the Council or not, I believe I am a suitable choice as a member of the ASB council.

EDIT: After making a rough check, I believe I have participated in roughly 100 battles and reffed roughly 25-30 battles, in addition to various RPs.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Obligatory "sign me up for the council" post.

I...

• Have been around since the beginning of CAP ASB
  • Have participated in more than 65 tower matches
  • Am qualified to ref TLR, Gym, Subway, & Pike
  • Am the Ground Gym Leader
  • Am a Halfop on #capasb
  • Am a CAP ASB project moderator
  • Am active on the forums & IRC
Additionally, I have never really had a "hiatus" from CAP ASB, per se, I have usually been involved in at least one tower match, & have been proven to be an incredibly reliable ref in terms of consistently getting reffings done. I am also known for my battling, moreover, I took over the helm in the ASB Team Tourney when no one else would when Flamestrike vanished. Finally, I am knowledgeable in terms of mechanics as well. All these qualifications should make me a good candidate for the council, so...yeah.

EDIT: Apparently according to zarator, I am "a top raid contender who has won 4 raids & has had two first kills (WBG Heatran & WBG Groudon)", & that apparently this is something I should be proud of.

Me? On council? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HEEEELL NO.

However, as a member of ASB since New Years' (and a pretty active one as well), I think I would be a good fit for the council-electing council. Not only that, but I am one of the most active Hall refs and consider myself a pretty decent battler, if that actually matters for being part of the election council. I'm not sure I really need/can talk about much else as to why I should be on the council-electing council, but if needed, thats what the edit button was made for.

Ok, so usually i keep my comments to myself, feeling that everyone else has a handle on things, and that my voice need not be heard. However on this note I really think i need to sound off on this. I don't really like to be "this" guy, but i feel that brutal honesty is really needed on this point, so please excuse my negative attitude on this matter, and with that:

This. Is. A. JOKE.

really, seriously, why we would be considering a "vote" for this council is completely beyond me. There is a pool of 7-8 Players that are going to be picked for this, and to lead others to believe that they are going to be picked is both unnecessary but also rude. I'm not saying that these people aren't perfectly qualified for this, or that its a bad idea at all, just that this vote is really just to much. We have a perfectly good pool of players that are ready to take such an assignment over, their credentials are sparkling, we should really just implement this system and let them get to fixing issues rather than waste time on such a thing like this. I don't really mind allowing these people to take a seat of power to keep our game running strong, and i appreciate that the thought you guys have to let us feel like we have a shot at something like this, really you guys score points for not being pompous, but this I would rather that we just implement this and get to work. I mean, I feel that I would be a very good candidate for this council, I've been around for approximately a year and a half, have an above average battle record when I am actually trying, and for the most part am on almost every single day for awhile each day (Doesn't hurt that I have helped a couple kitchen counter games, so I have a plenty good mind for balancing things). However, there is NO chance at all that I am going to be considered for this council. Why? Because I'm not Atheno, or IAR (not attacking you guys or anything just pointing out that you guys are popular, please don't think I am :( ).

Anyway, sorry for being negative guys, I just saw this and it really upset me so I had to post something.

here's mah application
  • I have been around since May 2011
  • Even if this is a vague point, overall, I am a rather well-respected member of ASB
  • I have completed 80 Battle Tower matches
  • I'm the Steel Gym Leader
  • I've reffed 7 Gym matches (I think more than anyone else, but don't quote me on that)
  • I am also a Battle Hall and a Battle Pike ref, and have reffed plenty of those
  • I'm pretty active on #capasb
  • I have had plenty of success in RP's: victory in Rank 4 Battle Hall, reached Battle 8 in Battle Subway (not all too impressive, but not very many people have done this), Captured 3 legends in the Legend Run (also had a fourth successful run when Registeel blew up), and I'm facing Lucy on Silver Rank in the Battle Pike right now, and it's a close match.
I think these are all significant in that they prove that I understand the mechanics of the game pretty thoroughly, what gives an advantage vs. a disadvantage, what impacts a change would make, etc.

I will admit that there have been periods when I take a few days to post in each match, but I can still always get things done when they need to be done. Also, I've never gone on a straight up hiatus, so I would be reliable.

And finally, I proposed the whole council idea in the first place, so hopefully I can at least get brownie points for that.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
:O

So I guess I should apply; I'll try and keep it succinct.

I joined in February 2011 and have been active pretty much since then, with only a couple chunks off, so that's a pretty long time rivaled only by a few other people; moreover, I've been active on IRC for a pretty long time - I was on in December 2010 if it matters - and I'm generally easy to find. Consistently having multiple battles going on at once in addition to reffing several items hopefully count as high activity; I'm a referee in most every roleplay so that also accounts for my knowledge of not only what happens in roleplays but also general knowledge necessary for reffing such items. Outside of refereeing, I'd like to say that I'm a pretty good battler so those two things make up a decent core of knowledge!

If numbers mean anything, I've been in roughly 80 battles of all lengths and formats and around 40 roleplays ranging from Hall challenges to TLR. In reffing, I've reffed at least 60 standard battles and am now at about 160 roleplays reffed. These experiences have provided a sense of what seems feasible to do or if a currently existing item has an issue in terms of balance. I'm also on the RP committee and actually do work with the creators of those RPs as well as zarator in order to make them better.

Texas Cloverleaf

Well, alex, it seems to me you've misinterpreted part of the process. The purpose of this thread is for people to post their interest in being a part of this council, as well as their credentials as to why they should be picked.

I don't know where you got the assumption that people will be voting on who will be on the council, but that assumption is wrong.

At the present moment, the method of selection has yet to be determined.

There may be a vote to determine the 5 or 7 councilmen. There may not. Just as likely there may be a consensus decision between myself and the people who've helped to get this moving. Just as likely there may not.

So to claim that this part of the process is fallacious, because it is in fact entirely necessary due to the fact that there may be 10 people eligible for 5 or 7 spots, and also the fact that not everyone who could be considered eligible for the position would be interested.

I hope this addresses your concern.

I guess I might as well add my hat in.

I've been in ASB for over 18 months now, with constant activity the whole time. I've been in more battles than I can count and participated in basically every facility their has been. Notably I was the first user to defeat the Bronze Rank of the Battle Pike and I am among the most accomplished of Radiers in ASB. Additionally I've reffed anything and everything including long matches, looooong facility runs (Engi and Kax through all three sections of Timeless Tower and Engi through all 17 doors of the Battle Hall). I ref gyms often and narrowly missed out on having one of my own. The one thing I don't do as often as others is visit IRC but this is something I can look to rectify. Regardless I am active daily on the forums.

Basically there are a whole bunch of people qualified (and overqualified) to be doing this so no matter how it works out and who is involved I am sure it will be for the best.

Sure, I'll apply for this.

I joined in February 2011 and have been quite active. Although there was a period of time that I was not a part of ASB due to health/internet issues. I was 1/2 of the greatest raid team of all time (kaxmantarcan for those that don't know) and have reffed (counting the battles I am currently reffing) over 60 battles and have been a battler in over 70. I was a finalist in the first official ASB Tournament fuck Rotom-F and the runner-up for the Fire Gym Leader position (and will be looking to be a candidate for other types). I'm also an Approver and was a fairly active Battle Hall ref prior to my absence.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I would support this if the following criteria are met.

The ASB Council does not have a private social group or a private IRC channel. All of their workings are in public.
-This is a council to make decisions for the community. The community should be a part of it in every way possible. If we're turning this into an elitist shit like many other sites I'm on, I vehemently oppose this idea.
The ASB Council is elected by the community. As in, all of it. (Addendum: I may be open to a lower X month participation requirement to vote)
-The ASB Council will not elect the ASB Council.

EDIT:
It has been brought to attention that Pwnemon has created a moderated social group for the ASB council. This is the kind of action I would very much like to avoid. There is no friggin reason to create a moderated social group for the ASB council. For what PURPOSE?
-To talk about the ASB council: then why isn't the discussion in public?
-I think my biggest gripe about this is that the group if MODERATED. For what reason? Who are you going to reject? IF this really is a group just to discuss the plans about making the ASB council, why isn't it open to everyone?

I resent the notion that Pwnemon, or anyone for that matter, has to approve me in order for my voice to be heard regarding the ASB council. My fear is that it is this type of action that will prevail when such a council is created. The community that is not in the council struggle to have their views raised to a high-enough importance. I would like to stress that I am not talking about myself here, and that I am not going on my anti-council crusade here because I fear that I will not be elected. In fact, I resent all accusations of such. I believe that ASB should be run by a democracy as much as possible. Leadership exists not to dictate and set laws, but merely as the hand of the community. Such selectiveness and elitism THIS EARLY in the process is something I will not stand for.

Already I'm starting to get sick of this.

EDIT:
I'm sick of this.

Oh man, why is glacier typing this.... Stand back folks! Ok, so I thought I might as well apply for this even though I know I won't be chosen.

Once upon a May 2011, a wide eyed kid from Virginia discovered a magic world! A world of anime style battling! Yes, surprise surprise, I've actually been here for a while now! Back in the good old days I would come on #capasb everyday, and I literally mean every. Single. Day. I also battled quite a bit (been in over 65 battles, I stopped counting my w/l/t after 50) and reffed with great earnest. Ive been apart of RP testings as well as attempting to start a new RP, and overall have helped when I can. Heck, about 1,350 of my 1,482 posts have been on ASB. I've been very dedicated over the past year and a half.

Nowadays Im particularly busy with the theater and college life, so my ASB status and activity has been lacking. Also, I am known on the IRC to ask many questions dealing with stats, battle play, and whatnot. Oh, and I get kicked more often than a kangaroo trainer. So why the heck is a supposedly immature, crazy, ALL CAPS ABUSING person even attempting to apply for a council position?

The answer is I love ASB. I enjoy the game play, I love the role play aspects of it all, and I love the creativity you can use to make it your own. And heck, I love the people too (well most of you). I've had a blast hanging out around the nerdy side ogre Internet this past year or so, and I want to make ASB as best as it can be, so that when someone else stumbles upon our domain, and they say to themselves "oh wow this seems really cool, let's give this ASB a shot!", they can join a great community and have a blast. That's what I did. That's what dogfih44 did, that's what IAR did, heck that's what espeon65 did. Doesn't matter if you're new or old, or how much you've contributed. And that's why I am applying, because I want to contribute to ASB, my home away from home, my pokemon getaway. I want to give all my services and do what I can to help out. And I think I can bring a lot to te table. My sense of thinking is different from others, and I can provide a new way to see things or do things.

Ok, I might have gotten a little bit carried away. Whoopsies. I am just very passionate for ASB, and I want to let it be known I want to help it become bigger, better, and brighter.

Have a good day lords and lasses :)

Edit: oh, and I can say that I've made over 50 arenas for ASB, rivalled only to objection who makes higher quality arenas.

Glacier pros and achievements:
-been an active member of ASB for a solid year and a half
-partaken in over 50 battles
-reffed over 40 matches (almost all with distinguished flavor)
-created and posted around 50 arenas in the compendium for the usage of any battler
-extremely creative
-able to give sight to new, interesting ideas
- calm (when serious) and able to be unbiased (give everyone a fair chance)
-strong passion for ASB, willingness to make the community better
-seasoned battler

Glacier cons:
-recent hiatus, not on as often as usual
-known best for being a crazy fuck on the IRC

I would support this if the following criteria are met.

The ASB Council does not have a private social group or a private IRC channel. All of their workings are in public.
-This is a council to make decisions for the community. The community should be a part of it in every way possible. If we're turning this into an elitist shit like many other sites I'm on, I vehemently oppose this idea.
The ASB Council is elected by the community. As in, all of it. (Addendum: I may be open to a lower X month participation requirement to vote)
-The ASB Council will not elect the ASB Council.

EDIT:
It has been brought to attention that Pwnemon has created a moderated social group for the ASB council. This is the kind of action I would very much like to avoid. There is no friggin reason to create a moderated social group for the ASB council. For what PURPOSE?
-To talk about the ASB council: then why isn't the discussion in public?
-I think my biggest gripe about this is that the group if MODERATED. For what reason? Who are you going to reject? IF this really is a group just to discuss the plans about making the ASB council, why isn't it open to everyone?

I resent the notion that Pwnemon, or anyone for that matter, has to approve me in order for my voice to be heard regarding the ASB council. My fear is that it is this type of action that will prevail when such a council is created. The community that is not in the council struggle to have their views raised to a high-enough importance. I would like to stress that I am not talking about myself here, and that I am not going on my anti-council crusade here because I fear that I will not be elected. In fact, I resent all accusations of such. I believe that ASB should be run by a democracy as much as possible. Leadership exists not to dictate and set laws, but merely as the hand of the community. Such selectiveness and elitism THIS EARLY in the process is something I will not stand for.

Already I'm starting to get sick of this.

EDIT:
I'm sick of this.
To clear things up a little, the current social group was only to determine how the council members would be chosen. It is entirely possible that, once such a method is determined, the entire council operates outside of social groups.

However, I do not believe that this is feasible. A council forum thread would become cluttered while an IRC channel would require everyone to be active at the same time (never gonna happen). The ideal solution would be a subforum, but the odds of us getting one of those are practically zero. Therefore, the best solution is a social group.

Now, how do we keep non-ASBers outside of the social group if we don't have any moderation in the social group? Yes, I believe that anyone who is not a part of ASB has no right to be in the social group, as their behaviour will be either non-existent or disruptive. Therefore, making the social group moderated is required too.

A big thing you seem to be hung up on is this idea that the council will just make all decisions on a whim while ignoring the rest of the community. This will not happen because anyone intelligent enough to get on the council will recognise that that style of leadership is shitty. The community has the feedback thread to discuss potential changes in. The feedback thread, however, is a huge clusterfuck of thoughts and is not suitable for discussion on any specific issue, hence the council discussing things elsewhere where the thoughts can be more organised. The opinions presented by non-council members in the feedback thread are still important, and just because you don't see discussion on them does not mean that discussion is not happening.

I trust leaders more than I trust crowds and I believe you should too.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
That's why I said 'private' social group. I'm fine with the actual council having a social group. As long as it's not private.

How do you keep non-ASBers out of the ASB forum? How do you keep non-ASBers out of this thread? The moderation, much like the locking of completed battles, is completely unneeded. I mean, I happen to believe that even new people like TIO should at least be able to express their opinions on how leadership will be chosen. Sure, I'm cool with the new people not making final decisions, but their right to express an opinion should not have to be approved.

A big thing I seem to be hung up on is that a seven person council is far too big. That comprises of roughly maybe 60%+ of people who actually participate in the feedback thread. 60%+ is a really awkward (yeah I'm ballpark estimating here) statistic because then the other 40% suddenly feel a whole lot less motivated to express their opinions. I don't see a necessity of 7 people merely to make a judgement of proposed ideas. You might as well put it up to a community vote. 2-3 person council is a leadership council. 5-7 becomes a clique.

I do not believe that the committee should discuss any ideas proposed within itself. Such discussion should take place purely in the feedback thread or on IRC with the rest of the community. They are there ONLY to vote on the proposed ideas.

You know what, I'm going to write up a constitution. This whole idea of a council is fucking vague, and nobody's given us any solid details of what this council is doing. You just expect the rest of ASB to go along with it.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I assumed that once something needed to be decided, everyone on the council would make up there own minds. They'd talk with each other, and given they are active IRCers, they'd probably take part in that discussion too. In that way, they could be persuaded by any good ideas, and being the clever guys that they are supposed to be, would probably make a good decision. That would work. Just give them a few days until a vote.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I assumed that once something needed to be decided, everyone on the council would make up there own minds. They'd talk with each other, and given they are active IRCers, they'd probably take part in that discussion too. In that way, they could be persuaded by any good ideas, and being the clever guys that they are supposed to be, would probably make a good decision. That would work. Just give them a few days until a vote.
And here we have the problem.

You say that they would talk with each other, implying the other people in the council. Why are they only talking with the other people in the council? Why not with the community, why not in public?

The public makes its arguments in the feedback thread and on IRC. The council considers those arguments in its own discussions, which will be more organised than the feedback thread and IRC, resulting in more productivity.

And 2-3 people means each individual's opinion in the council holds much more weight, meaning a "wrong" opinion would have more sway. Imagine, if you will, a proposal to increase Taunt's duration to 15 actions. Let's suppose that Its_A_Random and I would both vote in favour of it. If the council consisted of only me and Its_A_Random and maybe one other person, suddenly Taunt's duration would become 15 actions even if there was public outcry about the suggestion. Whereas if the council had at least three more members who would vote against it, it wouldn't pass.

(PS: I know that, in reality, I would not vote for such a proposal without a lot of other major changes being made to ASB first. It's an example used for the sake of argument.)

Texas Cloverleaf

A big thing I seem to be hung up on is that a seven person council is far too big. That comprises of roughly maybe 60%+ of people who actually participate in the feedback thread. 60%+ is a really awkward (yeah I'm ballpark estimating here) statistic because then the other 40% suddenly feel a whole lot less motivated to express their opinions. I don't see a necessity of 7 people merely to make a judgement of proposed ideas. You might as well put it up to a community vote. 2-3 person council is a leadership council. 5-7 becomes a clique.
I personally agree that 7 members are too large. However, three is also too small and leads to situations like the one Objection described. 5 members I believe to be optimal, much like how the OU council presently functions.

This whole idea of a council is fucking vague, and nobody's given us any solid details of what this council is doing. You just expect the rest of ASB to go along with it.
The goal and purpose of the ASB council will be to provide a body of ASB users that can rationally, quickly and efficiently judge and implement ideas proposed for ASB, without having to defer to one of the heads of the game for approval. In essence, ASB is moving to a more autonomous state. While the council will inform Deck Knight should any major game altering changes be considered, in all other matters the Council will have the authority to decide and implement changes.
I am not sure how you can ask for more concrete details than this. The ASB Council will in essence become the new head of decisions with ASB. It is no longer effective for ASB to remain autocratic with Deck having all the power and the Council, having consistent high activity, will become the new guiding force.

I am not sure that you along with a couple of other users are aware of the need for solid direction and decision making that isn't hamstrung by inactivity. This isn't about being a clique, this about the direction, health and progression of ASB as a whole.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
You seem to be missing a few vital questions. For instance, nobody has said anything about how this council interacts with gyms/roleplay committees. Are the former models of those committees replaced entirely with this?

I am not sure that you see how half-baked of an idea this is. In your description, you say "ideas proposed for ASB", which would include things such as gyms and roleplays. And yet, through IRC discussion, people are saying that the two committees stay separate.

Is the council just in charge of making changes to the DAT?

I can also ask for more concrete details on how the council is being chosen, right Texas?

EDIT: I just realized I'm still clueless on what aspects this council will control and so will refrain from writing anything official.

I'm applying as well. Not too sure about how to rank my Knowledge, but I've been here since ASB's very inception, and the Raid Zone alone is a testment to my activity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)