Data Implementation of the ASB Council (COUNCIL ANNOUNCED)

Eh, I don't think I'm qualified for the Council, but I believe I can help in any possible (like helping choose the members).

Right now, after reading the arguments for and against, I am for a 7 member council, but I'm not completely sold right now, so I might be editing this post later.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
7 Members

I concede I'm not the most intelligent member of this community, but after reading the arguments, I believe 7 is the way to go. Less slack to pick up if one goes inactive.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As we've only had 1 further application since my previous deadline, I am now setting a 24 hour deadline on applications. At that point we will proceed to voting on the first ASB Council, which will then select a chairman and begin operations.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Seven Member council may be prone to more bickering, but on the other hand, seven member council allows for more diversity in terms of representation, & it is also less prone to succumbing, due to inactivity, so...

Seven Member Council appears to be the superior choice.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't really matter at this point, but I'm tossing my vote in for seven members as well. In the event of inactivity, we still have a surplus of well-qualified players that would be good choices to fill in or replace, so activity shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm a bit concerned of it turning into a system where a group of four or five within the council talk amongst themselves and only reach out to the others if they don't have the majority, but we'll see.

Well, I'll throw in my application, what could go wrong?

I've just returned from a hiatus but as many of you know I'm hardly a scrub by ASB standards. I joined fast and learned fast and continued to grow in my extremely-active debut last year. Unfortunately, schoolwork and famiy issues smoked me and I had to quit without notice.

Now I'm back, older and wiser (?). While some may question my familiarity with the meta game, this is only because I've only been back for roughly two weeks and have yet to fully refamiliarise myself. I consider myself a decent battler and speedy referee despite my small team and match history, and my diligence and insight are key qualities that would make me a candididate to be considered for the council. I'm smart, I'm open to opinions, I'm fair and agreeable in general. I could continue to ramble on about my positive qualities, but ultimately I don't give a shit and you don't give a shit and as far as I know I could be a damn good council member despite my greenhorn status (even this is relative because if we're going by registration post, I'm actually a year-old in ASB). My active involvement in the ASB community and my full intent to become a greater part of it are very real and all I really need is time to reach top-tier veteran status.

tl;dr I'm learn fast as hell and I love ASB just elect me and give me a little time and I'll be up there with the rest of them

Box, out.

I wasn't sure if I was going to apply, but I want to.

I think I fulfill all three of the criteria outlined in the OP. I've been participating in ASB for just under a year and a half now, with no problems in my activity ever. During that time I think I've become knowledgeable about the workings of this game. I've undertaken a lot of projects. I currently run the Battle Pike in LouisCyphre's absence, I'm still [slowly] working on updating the Battle Hall Pokemon, I'm an approver (self-made, but whatever), and I moderate this forum when needed (usually in the form of small updates, but again, whatever). I like taking initiative when I think its needed, and throwing in my two cents if I think I have something to add.

I think I'm pretty good when it comes to game balance and game mechanics. I probably come across as opinionated on a lot of things, but I always try to be respectful and am willing to concede to a group consensus (like on council size, for instance?) or admit I am wrong if someone has changed my mind. I would like to think that most people would agree with that assessment, not only in ASB, but across the entire forum.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I only gave you 23 hours, so shoot me. If you want to apply that badly than go ahead but really you've had enough time.

Anyway, at this point we will lead to a community election of the 7 member ASB Council. Each person who votes will Private Message me their vote, consisting of the 7 people they believe should be on the ASB Council. After an arbitrary time period (probably three days), I will close voting, post the anonymous results in this thread, the first ASB Council will be elected and can get to work. A sample ballot will appear as follows:

Code:
[B]Aldaron
Setsuna
Bloo
Haunter
Iconic
JabbaTheGriffin
Oglemi[/B]
Only the 7 bolded names will be considered as counting votes. You may provide reasoning for your choices if you wish, but do not bold your reasoning.

Let the voting commence!

Texas Cloverleaf

Alright, it's been roughly a day and we've already got a large portion of the votes in, so I'm laying down a 24 hour warning. if you intend to vote and have yet to do so, now is the time.

Texas Cloverleaf

Brought to you slightly early because right now is when I feel productive, here are the votes and your ASB Council!

Objection
Rediamond
Pwnemon
Dogfish44
Orcinus Duo
Zarator
Elevator_Music
C$FP
Dogfish44
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Objection
zarator
dogfish44
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Objection
zarator
Rediamond
Elevator Music
Objection
Orcinus
Deadfox081
Glacier Knight
Dogfish44
Engineer Pikachu
C$FP
danmantincan
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Rediamond
zarator
Dogfish44
Glacier Knight
Its_A _Random
Objection
Pwnemon
Rediamond
Texas Cloverleaf
Athenodoros
Zarator
Objection
Its_A_Random
Elevator_Music
deadfox081
Dogfish44
MK Ultra
Engineer Pikachu

Objection
Texas Cloverleaf
Its A Random
Dogfish44
danmantincan
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
dogfish44
deadfox081
Athenodoros
Objection
Texas Cloverleaf
deadfox081
Dogfish44
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Objection
Rediamond
C$FP
deadfox081
Dogfish44
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
MK_Ultra
Pwnemon
deadfox081
Dogfish44
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Objection
Rediamond
Athenodoros
CMFP
Engineer Pikachu
Elevator Music
dogfish44
Glacier Knight
Its A Random
Zarator
Athenodoros
Dogfish44
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
Its_A_Random
Objection
zarator
deadfox081
Dogfish44
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
Its A Random
Glacier Knight
Zarator
Its A Random
Engineer Pikachu
MK Ultra
zarator
C$FP
Elevator Music
deadfox081
C$FP
danmantincan
Dogfish44
MK_Ultra
Objection
Zarator
Engineer Pikachu
Its A Random
Objection
Elevator Music
Dogfish44
C$FP
zarator
Box
Dogfish44
Elevator_Music
EngineerPikachu
Its_A_Random
Objection
Texas Cloverleaf
C$FP
danmantincan
Elevator Music
Glacier Knight
Objection
Pwnemon
Texas Cloverleaf
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
dogfish44
Its_A_Random
MK_Ultra
Elevator_Music
Texas Cloverleaf
Texas Cloverleaf
Engineer Pikachu
Objection
C$FP
zarator
Elevator Music
MK_Ultra

And with the power of ctrl+f on Microsoft word, I give the final tally and your 2012-partof2013 ASB Council members.

Dogfish44: 18
Objection: 17
Engineer Pikachu: 17
Elevator_Music: 17
Its_A_Random: 16
Zarator: 12
C$FP: 9

deadfox081: 8
Texas Cloverleaf: 7
Rediamond: 6
MK_Ultra: 6
Glacier knight: 5
Pwnemon: 4
danmantincan: 4
Athenodoros: 4
Orcinus Duo: 2
Box: 1

Congratulations to dogfish44, Objection, Engineer Pikachu, Elevator_Music, Its_A_Random, Zarator and C$FP!

At this point the council is officially formed and can begin duties as soon as possible!

Congratulations guys! You all are good picks, and I am happy to see such a strong group become our council.

(also I got five votes ^_^)

I am shameless.

Congratulations to the council. now who to talk to regarding the status ticking rule...

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
So where do we go to get updates and such on what the council's doing? I totally missed this with the hurricane and all...
Updates will most likely go into the Implementation thread, since that's essentially the whole purpose of having that thread in the first place. If you're more concerned about the discussion itself rather than the outcome of the discussion, there's an IRC channel for the council as well as the social group which we may or may not be using - what we're doing with that hasn't been decided yet.

In case you're wondering what we're doing right now the first order of business is going to finalize the constitution that Orcinus drafted up and then go from there. If anyone has questions of any sort, come talk to any of us and we'll be happy to answer!

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Updates will most likely go into the Implementation thread, since that's essentially the whole purpose of having that thread in the first place. If you're more concerned about the discussion itself rather than the outcome of the discussion, there's an IRC channel for the council as well as the social group which we may or may not be using - what we're doing with that hasn't been decided yet.

In case you're wondering what we're doing right now the first order of business is going to finalize the constitution that Orcinus drafted up and then go from there. If anyone has questions of any sort, come talk to any of us and we'll be happy to answer!
I'm proposing that the Constitution discussion be put up as a Sticky Data thread on the forum, so that most players who have a mind to keep track, but are on different timezones can do so (the same goes for some Council members as well). Also, it'd better help to have the discussion in the forum rather than in a social group or IRC, which offers limited access considering not every CAP ASB player knows of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)