1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Joim, May 7, 2013.

1. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Dig/Fly invulnerability should be added, but it's probably worth clausing in standard play anyway for the same reasons OHKO moves are banned.
  2. george182

george182

Gen4:
    When you choose the move explosion, but the opponent dies prior to it (either through switching + entry hazards, recoil damage or a self sacrificing move). Then (on PS currently) the move explosion fails and you survive.

This shouldn't happen, if there is no target the explosion should still fire off and the exploder should die.

As they always have been, Rotom forms are being allowed without their signature moves. Despite this being impossible on the DS as once a Rotom form looses it's signature move it reverts back to it's original form.
  3. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Yeah, Roar has the wrong mechanics at the moment in GSC. I got my -1 CurseTar Roared out by a -0 Golem. Since phazing duels come up a ton in GSC this is kinda a big deal.
    Karrot and Pocket like this.
  4. Xeze

Xeze

It also rejects the combination of Lovely Kiss + Double-edge on Snorlax, which should be legal in GSC.
  5. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

I suspect that this is because it's not recognising that RBY-GSC trades can work both ways. See, to get both those moves on a GSC Snorlax, you had to get a Snorlax on your GSC game from the NYPC event, trade it back to RBY, teach it Double-Edge with a TM, and then trade it forward to GSC again.

In any case, the only move combinations that are illegal in GSC are these:

1) Event move + either a breeding move or an event move from a different event.
    2) Two breeding moves that cannot both have been on the same father.
    3) An event move or breeding move that didn't exist in RBY + a move only learned via RBY TM.

3) is the one that causes headaches. It doesn't show up much because the main moves new to GSC (as far as the meta's concerned) were Curse, Hidden Power, and Sleep Talk; all TM moves that could be taught after trading something to RBY and back. The main situations where it does come up in OU are on:

- Chansey (as Blissey), which learns Heal Bell via breeding.
    - Eevee (as any of the GSC Eeveelutions, but in particular Umbreon), which learns Charm via breeding.
    - Shellder (as Cloyster), which learns Rapid Spin via breeding.
  6. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Not quiiiite accurate, the most precise way of stating it is a event/breeding move in RBY + a move only learned by tradeback to RBY. For example, Snorlax needs to be traded to RBY to get Double-Edge, but he can get it either by RBY TM OR RBY level-up.

(2) is also tricky. Sometimes it's not just two breeding moves that are illegal together, sometimes there's a love triangle of three breeding moves where any two of them are legal but all three are not.
  7. RBG

RBG Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane.
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Facebook Manager

False. You can have a Rotom Forme without it's signature move.

Source: I just tested this.
  8. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Oh, and GSC Low Kick is bugged. It didn't start depending on weight until Gen III - the Smogon article is wrong.
  9. Xeze

Xeze

Has someone already tested if leeching moves, like Giga Drain, work on a Substitute? Because in GSC, they should fail if used on one.
  10. george182

george182

What was your test?

My test was in pokemon platinum.
    Rotom-W with Hydro Pump.
    Hydro Pump was replaced with thunderbolt tm, Rotom-W changed back to Rotom.

I haven't tested level up moves, the forgetful man or move tutors. Do they give different results?
  11. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Hmm, has Blizzard's 90% accuracy in Gen 1 been implemented correctly? I just saw Blizzard miss 3 times out of 4, so I figured I'd at least ask the question.

EDIT: Multi-hit moves in RBY always deal exactly the same damage on every hit, and critting is only checked once for the whole move. This isn't currently implemented; I saw Double Kick crit one hit and fail to crit the other.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  12. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Yes, it is.

It works, the crit message just happens once, though.
  13. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

But it did different amounts of damage on the two hits.
  14. Joim

is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

That's weird now, must be relevant to one latest change in gen 5 that affected this.
  15. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Well, I dunno. I tried to replicate it, but Showdown doesn't let you log on with two different handles at the same time. In any case, IIRC it was a Jolteon Double Kicking Chansey or Rhydon.
  16. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

^if you have chrome you can do one handle in regular and one handle in incognito mode to bypass that
  17. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

I don't really want to be circumventing rules on something that I don't want to be banned from.
  18. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Houndoomsday likes this.
  19. Joim

As a PS admin I can tell you that's not against rules unless you use two accounts to gain advantage in ladder. You can also use two different browsers.
  20. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer does it for free
    is a Forum Moderator

i know this is not really thread related, but do the few points you would get from battling your own alts really pay off? you would have to create an alt with a good rating just to significantly raise your rating on another account. Do people do such things?

Edit: i also noticed from playing (dead ass gen 1-4) on showdown that you can't battle someone twice in a row in a rated battle
    dedic likes this.
  21. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Let's keep the posts here about testing mechanics/finding bugs/that sort of thing and avoid further discussion of simulator rules.
  22. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Well, I did the trick with two browsers, and I found the following:

(104 vs. 105 damage)
    and likewise:
    (39 vs. 40 damage)
    But I can't seem to replicate the weird crit behaviour that I seemed to observe earlier. :/
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  23. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Oh, also someone used Hi Jump Kick on me in RBY, and they took 1% damage when they missed. Pretty sure that shouldn't happen.
  24. Princess Bubblegum

Princess Bubblegum

No that's legit.

As for your weird glitch, perhaps take a screen shot next time it happens if it doesn't replicate?
  25. Joim

Yeah, please, be sure you're reporting an actual bug. It's a headache for me otherwise.
    I'm going to check the multihit thing asap, but it's not priority until gen 2 is more in shape and gen 3 is playable.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)