1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Joim, May 7, 2013.

1. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

If it's still wrong, then it's still wrong.
  2. Bedschibaer

Bedschibaer does it for free
    is a Forum Moderator

Joim reads this thread. r-right?
  3. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I notified him of this problem before but he probably forgot about it. I threw him another notification; hopefully he'll get to it soon-ish? :o!
  4. Bedschibaer

is a Forum Moderator

Well, i don't want to be the annoying bitch that has some nitpick on his work all the time, but now that you have notified him it's over anyways. pls fix gsc, nobody cares but me and the other 4 people who play gsc on ps.
  5. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

It would be more convenient than using shitty PO to play my SPL matches if everything worked correctly, though.
  6. Joim

Joim All promises become a lie, all that's bening corrups in time
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

In case you guys didn't know, I got married, had to do work stuff, went on holidays, etc. Yup, this is now a priority again and I plan to concentrate on past gens on the shortcoming future, GSC being my main concern (as the RBY bugs aren't important).
    asbdsp and Mario With Lasers like this.
  7. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best

Not important because IT'S NOT IN SPL ANYMORE FUCK

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    Danilo and Isa like this.
  8. asterat

asterat

Theres some crazy bug in gen3 where sometimes every move OHKOes everything.
    BenTheDemon likes this.
  9. ZiggyStaryu

ZiggyStaryu

I've found a bug in Gen2 matches, where if you use only one Swords Dance on a Thick Club Marowack, it will do only 0%-1% damage on any subsequent attack (specifically observed with Earthquake). If you use more than one Swords Dance, you will deal the expected damage to the target.
  10. Bedschibaer

is a Forum Moderator

That's not a bug in the gen 2 mechanics on Pokemon showdown but in the actual game mechanics. A fully invested marowak with thick club hits more than 999 Attack after a swords dance, which is the maximum, so it rolls over. To fix that you should set the DVs (IVs) of the Attack and Defense stat to 13 each, then you will hit exactly the maximum attack. Another quick way to fix this is to use Hidden Power Bug, which automatically sets your DVs to 13. Also always make sure to only use one swords dance after you did that, or you will roll over again and do no damage.
  11. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best

Stats are normally capped at 999 but Thick Club says fuck you, I do what I want. Marowak at +2 and max Attack IV hits 516 Attack, which Thick Club doubles to 1032. But the game is too old and square to keep up with that, it only holds up to 2^10 (1024) numbers. When you go over that value, it just rolls all the way back over to 1 (or, more precisely, 1032-1024 = 8 Attack). If you SD again, you'll be sitting at 774 Attack, which Thick Club doubles to 1548 and is reduced mod 1024 to 524 Attack (basically dealing normal damage again).

With a 13 IV, Marowak's max Attack will be reduced to 254, which after a Swords Dance (508) only hits 1016 and doesn't get reduced. If you SD again, you'd get up to 1524, which rolls over 1024 back down to 500 Attack. So the ideal is to have a 13 IV and Swords Dance exactly once.

Gen 3 gets some bossin' new tech and removes the 999 stat cap.
    Isa likes this.
  12. Bedschibaer

is a Forum Moderator

speaking of RBY bugs being not the main concern atm - it's not even playable right now. (no i am not retarded and added EVs on a gen 1 team)
    same applies to GSC btw. None of my teams work anymore.

[​IMG]
  13. Joim

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Weird. Could you try making them all 255 artifically? This might be caused by recent changes, so let's look at it >.>
  14. Bedschibaer

is a Forum Moderator

I tried maxing all the stats out, nothing worked.
  15. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

As has been said, this is not a Showdown bug. It's working as intended. Same thing would happen if you passed enough Growths to Light Ball Pikachu. Morals of the story: don't use Pikachu, and don't use Swords Dance on Marowak unless you're running a 13 or smaller Attack DV.
  16. Joim

The gen 1 and gen 2 max ev bug has been fixed.
  17. BenTheDemon

BenTheDemon

There's a bug in Gen 3 where Hidden Power seems to be an OHKO move.
    asterat likes this.
  18. asterat

asterat

giga drain PP in GSC not done correctly
  19. Xeze

Xeze

When you use Baton Pass with a poisoned Pokémon, you lose HP immediately after the use, before you switch into another Pokémon. You shouldn't lose any HP in this case.
  20. Joim

It might be just a client bug.

This is gen 2 I reckon, that'll be hard to fix.
  21. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Does anyone exactly remember how Disable works against Substitute for the previous generations? I've recently been in a battle where I used Disable on an opponent who use Substitute and it failed. For some reason, I faintly remember Disable not being blocked.

Checked the descriptions for Substitute too and it says it doesn't affect Disable. Maybe it had something to do with Substitute being used on the same turn?
  22. finally

finally feel the effect
    is a Tiering Contributor

Gen 4 OU [Beta]: Every once in a while I think gen 6 type chart gets mixed in with gen 4 type chart. What I mean is that stuff like dark or ghost will hit steel neutrally.

Example:
    Go! Angelakos (Forretress)!
    Pointed stones dug into Angelakos!

The opposing Heracross used Night Slash!
    A critical hit! Angelakos lost 37.3% of its health!
    (no not very effective message)

Only noted so far for ghost and dark against steel. If it's just no message pops up, but the damage is still calculated as if it were not very effective, then that could be a thing too :]. thanks joim!
  23. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Confirming. Got this in a recent match. Negligible, but the TGW is a Forretress.

upload_2014-2-16_13-48-4.png
  24. Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo Shots fired

[GEN 6] 0 Atk Forretress Payback (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
    [GEN 4]252+ Atk Forretress Payback (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 92-110 (26.9 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

yeah that's gen 6 damage, as for the other calc..

[GEN 4]252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Forretress on a critical hit: 91-108 (31.2 - 37.1%) -- 80.3% chance to 3HKO
    yeah there's no doubt, that's gen 6 damage
    finally likes this.
  25. Kel9901

Kel9901

The wrap glitch is because, when switching against a wrapper (typically to PP stall), the wrap/whatever move does normal damage during the switch, but takes off the HP of the previous wrap (how much it would have done to the previous pokemon). This is why e.g. cloyster's clamp can do 70+% damage to alakazam after it was used on rhydon the previous turn.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)