1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Joim, May 7, 2013.

1. MoxieInfinite

MoxieInfinite

Hidden Power is always neutral in GSC. I've had people saying it worked well yesterday, but it does not work for me. I'll post a log or something when I get one.
  2. MoxieInfinite

MoxieInfinite

Also, IngrainPass is apparently not banned on PS. Mah boy Stinson knows what I'm talking about.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Stinson likes this.
  3. Kel9901

Kel9901

This isn't a Smogon Tour.
  4. MoxieInfinite

MoxieInfinite

Ban it anyway, that shit's gay af.
  5. Joim

Joim Navigate the pitfalls, cross the great divide!
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

There have been some edits to past gens, I hope we can get them as good as possible asap. I might just revert all changes done to them recently.
    sandshrewz and finally like this.
  6. Kel9901

Kel9901

If you're having trouble with ingrain, baton pass smeargle, try perish song celebi/lapras
  7. MoxieInfinite

MoxieInfinite

I see illegal move combinations still working, for example Drill Peck + Whirlwind on ADV Skarm.
  8. Xeze

Xeze

Some bugs can be seen in this match. This is GSC btw.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2oubeta-93688865

1 - Leech Seed sometimes does not leech and sometimes it leeches at the wrong time.
    2 - Protect has a bug. After one use, it protects the user until it moves again. So if the opponent is faster it protects me twice with just one use.
  9. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

It was unbanned for the whole of ADV's heyday...
  10. BKC

BKC <&gr8astard> thrash metal! woo
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

and it's been banned ever since season 11 of smogon tour aka modern adv so get rid of that garbage
    Jaiho likes this.
  11. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

yeah I don't really give a shit what newfags think

free ingrainpass
  12. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

My point, if you'll drop the hostility for a second, is that this is not an issue to report as a "bug" for a quickfix. It should be discussed properly first.
  13. Xeze

Xeze

Another bug in GSC on Showdown: Leech Seed doesn't sap if the affected Pokémon doesn't attack in that turn due to, for example, being fully paralyzed, being fast asleep, etc.
    Happened in this battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2oubeta-98847996
    Also I was able to get a substitute up on the same turn where my opponent's Pokémon fainted due to poison and my Pokémon moved after him. Normally the turn should've ended right there without me getting the substitute up.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  14. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Reflect is still halving crit damage in RBY. Crits should bypass Reflect.
  15. BKC

BKC <&gr8astard> thrash metal! woo
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

in adv, if something dies, sand/leftovers/status take place after the next pokemon is sent out. in dpp and onwards, it looks like this:

turn 5
    tyranitar used crunch
    gengar died
    tyranitar restored hp with leftovers
    tyranitar got hurt by its burn
    x sent out swampert
    turn 6

which is how it currently is in adv on ps. it should be:

turn 5
    tyranitar used crunch
    gengar died
    x sent out swampert
    tyranitar got hurt by its burn
    swampert restored hp with leftovers
    turn 6
    Jaiho, McMeghan and Zebraiken like this.
  16. boudouche

boudouche

in gen 4, when you hit a substitute with a life orb user, there isn't any recoil while there should be.
  17. M Dragon

M Dragon The north wind
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Arena Tycoonis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Champion

No, that's wrong, in gen 4 there's no recoil if you hit a substitute
    Aerodactyl Legend, badabing and BKC like this.
  18. Durant

Durant

In generation 2, Gligar can't learn earthquake despite being able to obtain a Gligar with earthquake in pokemon stadium 2.
  19. boudouche

boudouche

oh damn nvm. i was pretty sure that pokemon platinum has changed this mecanic but it was with black & white u.u
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  20. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Pressure still works in RBY/GSC matches.
  21. The Immortal

The Immortal Administrator of Showdown!
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

Fixed all learnset issues in gens 1 and 2.
    Bedschibaer likes this.
  22. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Stomp + Sleep Powder is allowed on RBY Exeggutor on PS; this is wrong. See here for other illegal movesets in RBY. I checked a couple of those others and they weren't banned either.

Also, critical hits STILL HAVE NOT been fixed in RBY; they should bypass Reflect and Light Screen. This really matters, since it is crucial to defeating the common Reflect Alakazam and the slightly less common Reflect Chansey.

And Counter still HAS NOT been fixed; it is bugged in RBY so that it can counter previously used moves as long as the opponent has not used PP on that turn (e.g. in the situation t1 Hyper Beam, Counter, t2 recharge, Counter, t3 switch, Counter, t4 full paralysis, Counter then all four Counters should succeed for identical damage). On Showdown this does not work properly (it fails on recharge, switch, and full paralysis - I haven't tested sleep since it's tricky to set up but I suspect it fails there too).

These need to be fixed if Showdown is going to have a credible RBY ladder and be a credible place to hold RBY tournaments.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Pocket and Bedschibaer like this.
  23. The Immortal

is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor

I was not aware of this. I was specifically referring to event moves and such. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Pocket likes this.
  24. Kiddo

Kiddo

25. The Immortal

Kiddo likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)