XY OU >Implying you can OHKO me

Thought Process while building:
Recently OU has started to feel boring and bland for me and I've used everything at least 3 times, so let's add some RU to the most dominant play style in the metagame -- stall. My initial core was the regenerator/wish pass core of Amoonguss and Alomomola. The rest of my team is intented to provide type coverage, hazards, hazard clearing, and status inducing.
#STALLCAN'TFALL2014

IT'S A TRAP (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore
My first special wall, and my regenerator. Black Sludge is preferred over leftovers, in the event I'm tricked my opponent will lose 6% every turn. Giga Drain is my go-to stab and useful for recovering HP. Clear Smog can stop pokemon such as clefable or suicune from setting up on me and can also stop pokemon like Landorus-I from finishing a sweep. Foul Play is simply for Aegislash and Gengar, which aren't hurt by my other attacks. And lastly, spore to induce sleep and give myself "free turns".

emiry (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
My Main physical wall and my 'knock offer'. Used to take hits from common threats I had trouble with before I replaced Alomomola with this mew. The 16 speed is enough to outspeed adamant bisharp, and the rest is all in HP/Def. Will-o-Wisp can be used to cripple physical attackers and slowly wittle my opponent down. Knock off is also key as it allows me to remove my opponent's item which can be very crucial if they have an item such as Choice Scarf or Leftovers and will take longer to stall down.

Slam Jam the Tran (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 220 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Roar
Heatran is my rock setter and phazer. It also is my other special wall and fire absorber, to protect skarmory, breloom, and amoonguss. I run enough speed to NEVER lose a speed tie as well as outspeed spiked base 80s such as Venusaur or Max HP Mamoswine (lol.) Lava Plume is to spread those 100% burns and my go-to stab. Earth Power is used for other Heatran and and pokemon resistant to fire. Again, a very standard set with little explanation needed.

>imblying y (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 156 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
My main mixed wall and burn inducer. Upon mega evolving charizard gains a great defensive typing and a much better defense stat. This particular spread is used to ensure that I live an Ice Beam or Surf from a life orb Greninja after rocks. The speed is there to win speed ties and donk those adamant bisharps. I opted to run Earthquake over flare blitz or fire punch simply because of my heatran weakness. The other moves are self-explanatory.

Black&Decker (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Counter
- Defog
My second physical wall, as well as only hazard clearer. On a team with a focus sash user and a pokemon who takes 50% every switch in from sneaky pebbles, a defogger/spinner is more than mandatory. Counter works well with sturdy, though sometimes I'm unable to do anything since I can't attack unless hit by a physical move first. Roost is to keep constant recovery since I lack leftovers. Taunt is the last move and can stop slower pokemon from setting up.

arylide's gf (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
I can never run a team with no attackers, and I decided breloom could work well as it also gives me priority. Bullet Seed is my go-to stab move and to hit annoying water types like suicune and Rotom-W. Mach Punch is my priority and other stab. Rock tomb is for flying types and when I need to outspeed my opponent on the turn after. Lastly, I have spore to stop threats from sweeping my team such as Clefable or specs kingdra, two pokemon I recently found trouble with.

Threatlist:
Calm Mind Clefable

Specs/Swift Swim Kingdra

Latias/Latios

Charizard-Mega-Y

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-144447874
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-144545319
Import:

IT'S A TRAP (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore

BIG LUVDISC (Alomomola) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Slam Jam the Tran (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 220 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Roar

>imblying (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 156 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Black&Decker (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Counter
- Defog

arylide's gf (Breloom) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Last edited:
What switch-ins does this team have for Kyurem-B? Landorus-I? Mega Gardevoir? Mega Medicham? Mega Heracross? How does it deal with BD Azumarill? At least let me rectify your BD azumarill problem:

Switch from your current amoonguss spread to 248/136+/rest in SDef let it live BD azumarill.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Solar Beam
This set has great offensive presence, can spread burns like zard x does, and can solve your problems with landorus-I and mega gardevoir. it also relieves some pressure off of alomomola to check Keldeo, and even uninvested, is still a monster to switch into. it can also disrupt weather, and this alleviates your kingdra problem.

now since you have an attacker, i have something to fix most of the remaining problems:

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off/Heal Bell

it helps with your mega medicham issue, and can cleric if you really feel you need it over knock off.

hope i helped, amigo!

Cool team, but I'm pretty sure arylide isn't dating Bree, and he already has a gf. A few threats I noticed are Calm Mind Clefable and
Specs/Swift Swim Kingdra.

What switch-ins does this team have for Kyurem-B? Landorus-I? Mega Gardevoir? Mega Medicham? Mega Heracross? How does it deal with BD Azumarill? At least let me rectify your BD azumarill problem:

Switch from your current amoonguss spread to 248/136+/rest in SDef let it live BD azumarill.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Solar Beam
This set has great offensive presence, can spread burns like zard x does, and can solve your problems with landorus-I and mega gardevoir. it also relieves some pressure off of alomomola to check Keldeo, and even uninvested, is still a monster to switch into. it can also disrupt weather, and this alleviates your kingdra problem.

now since you have an attacker, i have something to fix most of the remaining problems:

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off/Heal Bell

it helps with your mega medicham issue, and can cleric if you really feel you need it over knock off.

hope i helped, amigo!
I decided to add the Mew in replacement of Alomomola and it worked nicely. Thanks for your help. I added a replay where the mew was crucial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)