IMPORTANT: LC Analyses on hold

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Due to the changes implemented by HGSS, it is clear that any analyses written will have to be reqritten once the metagame settles. Considering that the HGSS changes should be added to Shoddy Battle soon, it makes no sense to continue to write antiquated analyses. Originally this was going to apply only to Pokemon who either:

1: had sets added or modified in HGSS

2: had largely different counters in HGSS

However, given jumpluff's latest revelation regarding Berry Juice, it is clear that some testing will be required. Therefore, LC analyses will be delayed while testing can occur.

Once HGSS' changes are implemented, we can get underway on some exciting work, such as tests/votes on the tiering of Gligar and Misdreavus, as well as more analysis work and potentially a Smogon University based LC Ladder on Shoddy Battle 2!

I think most Pokemon are ready for the hg/ss sets to be added, as they have all been tested (except for Berry Juice sets, but that will honestly just replace Oran). Especially on Pokemon like Paras who just one quick line in OO for his addition....

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you don't realize just how important Berry Juice is. A lot of the metagame depends on "2ko through oran berry", which is a concept that no longer exists. As such, analyses remain on hold until Berry Juice is implemented and tested.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just want some clarification here.

Currently we have HGSS implemented on CAP Server, where the LC Ladder resides. Berry Juice is not implemented and will, at the very least, be an immediate suspect item.

Take any Oran Berry analysis. Every single solitary pokemon with Oran Berry as an option will change to Berry Juice.

Berry Juice:

a) Heals twice as much HP, including the HP of pokemon that Oran could not get to 100%, notably Munchlax, Misdreavus, and Gligar, as well as lesser used High HP pokemon like Phanpy and Rhyhorn.
b) is not susceptible to Bug Bite or Pluck.
c) Requires a OHKO to bypass. Unlike Oran Berry, which would allow hits of 75-80% to KO through Oran Berry, Berry Juice will necessitate a OHKO. If you did 21 Damage to a 23HP Pokemon, Oran berry would leave them with 12 HP, within KO range. Berry Juice would restore them to 22 HP, allowing them to always survive another attack.

In short it has all the advantages of Oran Berry with twice the power and none of the situational drawbacks.

I do not believe this item deserves open play. As such I am asking for clarification on whether we can continue with HGSS analysis.

I think we should be able to continue too be honest, we have had plenty of time to play the regular HGSS metagame without Berry Juice before it was implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)