Important Registration Information: Player IDs and Battle Box (Updated April 13th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As you all know, the regionals are being run at multiple locations concurrently by local - traditionally TCG-focused - staff members. This is also the first time we are really starting to use some systems that have traditionally served TCG players, but are now being expanded to include us as well. Due to that, there are going to be some hitches. One such hitch is Player IDs to track all this information which most TCG players will already have, most of us won't.

Here's how you get it:

1. Go to Pokemon.com and sign up for an account (if you've already done this for Dreamworld or Global Battle Union, skip to step 2)
  2. Log in.
  3. Go to the following link to upgrade https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/upgrade2/
You'll get your Player ID there which you should then bring to the event. Please remember to do so. If you don't, you will get one there, but it will slow things down and we want things to run as smoothly as possible. The more of you who do it in advance, the faster the event will move.

Also, please keep in mind that if you are not there during the time set aside for registration, you cannot compete. No late registrants will be accepted. Each regional happening this weekend has a thread. Each of these threads has a link to the official event page for the regional. Click through to there to see the time you have to be at the event and double check the day before the event.

Thanks!

Additional Update: Please do not move from your seat after your match until you've reported your results. Don't wander away from the event area. Follow the instructions of the staff to keep things running smoothly!

Battle Box
Before registering, you'll need to put your Pokemon into the Battle Box. You can save yourself and the event staff time by doing it ahead of time.
  1. Go to the PC in a Pokemon Centre and select Amanita's PC (or Someone's PC)
  2. Select Battle Box and move the Pokemon you want to use into it.
  3. Save your game and return to the main menu
After registering at the regional, your items and Pokemon are locked. You'll be playing using the Battle Competition option in the main menu.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Actually I think many of us actually do already have a player ID... somewhere. If you played at a 2010 and 2011 Regionals, you were given a card with a Player ID number on it. The problem is if you actually held on to the card or not. Officially, you aren't allowed to have multiple Player IDs but I'm not sure if it matters at all for VGC right now. There's supposed to be a procedure to merge together multiple Player IDs if you end up with more than one, but I haven't looked into it too much.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My 2011 LCQ card didn't have a Player ID although my 2010 Seattle one did. I got a new one from Battle Roads a month ago which was tied to my account. Associating it with my account required both the ID and a PIN. I submitted a ticket asking for them to be merged but nothing happened... I don't think that our old VGC Player IDs are linked to anything online though?

I think this method allows you to get a Player ID without a PIN being given to you at an event. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go through the steps myself since I have a Player ID already.

Just please remember to bring your Player ID number to your regional!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I thought those cards were just a "Here, you should try this" sort of thing. It was never linked to my account, as far as I know.

Strong post.

Want to point out that most VGC players have probably received one sometime during their career, but if you don't have one / lost it, DO NOT WORRY. You can get one at the site of the tournament, and it does not take too long to register for one.

You do NOT need a physical copy of your ID, just know the digits. For example, 170052.

I'm pretty sure you can email Pokemon to link your old ID with your Pokemon account if they are not already linked.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"Bring Player ID" as in screenshot the page giving your #? Or is there an option to print it out in some fancy format?

If one is wondering, the player ID can be found on your account under "My Play! Pokémon". If you already have a player ID from previous years, you probably have it connected to your account (unless you didn't care about it, cause as voodoo pimp stated, it really was more of a "Here, try this".) Odds are, most people won't have one unless they went to Nationals, where the player ID was required.

Firestorm

You just need to bring the number. Save it on your phone or something. There is also an option to print it out in a nice little card under the "My Play! Pokemon" tab that Mosquito refers to.

It's preferable that you do it online now rather than get one at the event as it'll speed up the registration.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
My 2011 LCQ card didn't have a Player ID although my 2010 Seattle one did. I got a new one from Battle Roads a month ago which was tied to my account. Associating it with my account required both the ID and a PIN. I submitted a ticket asking for them to be merged but nothing happened... I don't think that our old VGC Player IDs are linked to anything online though?

I think this method allows you to get a Player ID without a PIN being given to you at an event. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go through the steps myself since I have a Player ID already.

Just please remember to bring your Player ID number to your regional!
Your old POP IDs aren't linked to anything I don't think, unless you won. I had to link my POP ID to my Pokemon.com account to claim my prizes. I have used that POP ID for TCG and VGC since then. If you still have your old one you can link it to your current Pokemon.com account.

If you don't have one, please register for one online before the tournament and print/remember the number for the tournament. It will make life easier for everyone and really cut down on the length of the tournament dead time while everyone gets prepared.

So we should be good if we use our other one? I only entered the VGC's once, and that was in VGC 2011. They gave me a red card with a spot for my name, as well as number(can't remember how many digits). What if we lost our password to our Pokemon Account for the official site? Or do we just need the physical card?

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
got my number off the pokemon site since i never synched that card, thanks for the heads up!

I am bringing to people who have never competed before I have made them Pokemon.com accounts but I don't really get how I am suppose to get them their player id

Firestorm

I am bringing to people who have never competed before I have made them Pokemon.com accounts but I don't really get how I am suppose to get them their player id
You did Step 1. Now do Step 2 and Step 3.

Firestorm

Do we need to have Pokemon.com account to participate?
It's best that you do create one now and get your Player ID so that you don't hold up the tournament by having to get it there. The more people who sign up online the better. Eventually you'll want to tie your Player ID to your Pokemon.com account anyway so that you can collect your Play! Points. Play! Points can be redeemed for Pokemon merchandise eventually and are given to you for every Pokemon tournament you attend.

tldr: yes get a Pokemon.com and Player ID now and bring that Player ID to the event.

Okay, so I already had a card with a player ID on it, during VGC 11. I remember I synced that card shortly after the tournament with my Pokemon.com account, but here's the thing:

I forgot my entire Pokemon.com account info. I forgot my password, my username, etc.

Firestorm

Click Log In, then click "Forgot my username" and they will email it to you. If you can't remember your e-mail, just go to the e-mails you usually use and search "Pokemon". You should have an activation e-mail from them.

Okay, so I really screwed myself over. For some reason, it can't identify my e-mail address. So I had to a make a new one. Darn, my Seattle records were on my other account.

It doesn't matter that I have two player IDs, right? Cause I'll have to use my new one now.

Firestorm

You can submit a ticket in the help section of the site to see if they'll merge it, but yeah I don't think our old ones had anything important on them.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Pokemon.com is looping indefinitely when I log in. Does anyone else have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)